Good Fortune Store: Okoye, Apocalypse, Beta Ray Bill

Options
BlackBoltRocks
BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,164 Chairperson of the Boards
A hoardbuster for sure. All the best everyone.

Comments

• acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Whoa! Some overpowered new meta 5* is coming soon!

D3 really wants players to burn the CP. Not one dud in this store.
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    TheEyeDoctorsWife Posts: 829 Critical Contributor
    Options
    My strongest 3 of 9 champed 5*, I’ll pass I’d rather spend on non champed characters 
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm surprised SC isn't in there.  :o He's our only Chinese in the game.

Anyway, this is an excellent store.

Good luck!

• TheEyeDoctorsWife
    TheEyeDoctorsWife Posts: 829 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Whoa! Some overpowered new meta 5* is coming soon!

D3 really wants players to burn the CP. Not one dud in this store.
    BRB in offers plus vault , could it be an anti BRB ?
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Let's not forget Apocalypse and Okoye is boosted. Great timing.  >:)
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,693 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Very sad this store will not bring me the one SC cover needed to champ him.

It is a good store though and I guess I could use Okoye or champ levels on the other two.
  • dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,439 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Such a great store, no CP to spend.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,989 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I have them all fully covered so I'm passing. I don't think getting a few more covers to take them from 455 to the 465 range (once I make the 5* jump) will make that much difference in PvE or PvP compared to saving my 4500 CP for fully covering future released characters.
    But best of luck to those hoping to take theirs from level 500+ to 550.
    KGB
  • Alfje17
    Alfje17 Posts: 3,593 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Burned all my CP trying and failing to get Brand in the last store, so need to restock now.
    At least all 3 of them are champed so it doesn't hurt that much...

• Thanos
    Thanos Posts: 722 Critical Contributor
    Options
    A good fortune store with no Shang? Lame.
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    So right now the top ranking of best stores on festivities is like this:

First: lunar new year
    Five: summer store
    Tenth: Fan Favourites Store
    (New year european, american and japanese still needs to be implemented)
    (Christmas store: still the game needs to mention that once christmas was happening).
  • CharlieCroker
    CharlieCroker Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I would’ve preferred to see Shang-chi but have been waiting for another Okoye store since unhoarding for Colossus/Wanda/Knull and was never going to pass unless the other characters in the pool were dire.

Had 9000cp to start and had an unprecedented (for me) run for the first hundred or pulls, but tailed off and by the time I finished Okoye I was back to ~ 15%.  Pretty happy with that and whilst I’ve all but exhausted my cp supply, I still have 187 LTs ready for the next meta Latest release.  

• Seph1roth5
    Seph1roth5 Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Totally blew 3300 CP on this one, since I had brb/okoye at about half-champ.  My apoc was already champed so just got some bonus levels.

I managed to get BRB champed w/ a few extra (kept pulling his damn green!) but my Okoye fell 1 cover short booo!  Literally, She's at 5/5/2 with 2 saved covers lol.  I have enough milestones ready to finish her off but I figure I'll see if I run into any CP chunks in the next 5 days and get another pull.
  • Xception81
    Xception81 Posts: 413 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    She's at 5/5/2 with 2 saved covers lol.  I have enough milestones ready to finish her off but I figure I'll see if I run into any CP chunks in the next 5 days and get another pull.
    Don’t forget about feeders. Shuri gives her shards which could help you finish her. 
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2022
    Options
    Phumade said:
    It's bull.  You finally have an Asian character in 5* land (not counting Sersi since she's still in latest) and they continue to use Okoye to represent Lunar New Year.  Not only that, they choose to have Apocalypse (death and destruction) to help celebrate a joyous holiday... Totally tone deaf.  It's not like they would use Cap, Stark, and BW to represent black history month...

<End rant>
    your totally right.  They probably didn't even bother to consider what the tradition actually represents and simply made the store based on the fact that lots of retailers offer bundles for this holiday.  I'm also going to assume they don't shut down the office in honor of the holiday, nor have a celebratory employee party, and or give business gifts to their business partners celebrating the holiday like most business in asia.

Lets be clear about that distinction.  In the US, many business shutdown for Thanksgiving/Christmass, sponsor employee dinners and either send cards or gifts to various partners acknowledging the holiday.  That's what I mean by having a business celebrate a holiday.  Having them simply say Happy Thanksgiving/Merry Christmass is a hollow slogan if they don't follow the expected traditions.

That said the majority of the player base (at least the US/European part) probably doesn't really celebrate the holiday either.  So I wouldn't necessarily blame a US based software company to observe Asian holidays.  We should all acknowledge that Tencent doesn't celebrate 4th of July nor give their employees time off/sponsor 4th of july celebrations.

To be honest, this is just a fan favorites store that can be offered 3 times a year and associated with the closest holiday.  So have a store in February,  June, Oct.  Call the Oct Store, the Anniversary celebration,  The February-store the Lunar/spring celebration, and the June store the Summer/4th of july celebration (do it last week in june ;)

Your right to call out their justification,  but we should acknowledge its a good store for most players and at least they didn't accidentally post a picture of their chopsticks sticking straight up in a bowl of rice.  And realize their real motive is to get players to spend cash on offers and use up cp.
    Thanks for the feedback.  I should also mention that I DM them last time they did this and received acknowledgment that what I said made sense and that it'd be passed along to the rest of the team.  
    Also, I think they're based in Cali, and there's a sizable Asian population out there.  

I know the guys (lakestone, Neko, iceix, etc) aren't necessarily in charge of this stuff, but they're the only ones around to hear this.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,693 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It makes no sense not to have Shang Chi in this store.
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,725 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Not the luck I wanted from 300 pulls. 19 apoc, 14 brb and 7 okoye. I was after as many okoye as I could get. Might pull another 300 tomorrow. Going to sleep on it.
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,410 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    CP stash of 33k and while all 3 are championed already (458/453/453), I wonder how this will affect mmr for my baby championed level roster. Gambit is my highest at 470 with the majority below 460. I only play pvp till 900 (climb single climb within the last 3-8 hours and shield out) and I’m afraid the climb will be full of 500-550 teams if I take them higher.