Balance Suggestions

captainheath
captainheath Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
Long time player (Day 2700 something) that left for a while, but came back when the weekly boosts of fives started.  Here are some of my suggestions.  None are huge reworks, just number adjustments.  I'm looking to enhance what makes a toon unique.  Health and whatnot should probably change too, but adjustments to the uniqueness is what makes things fun.

Black Bolt:  Lower yellow to a cost of 5 or even less.  Fortify the tile.  Raising other characters' levels is can be fun, but it costs too much.

Wolverine:  Improve healing of yellow.  Create additional strikes with red passive.

Silver Surfer:  Lower black hole black to much lower cost, something like 7.  The black hole is so unique and other toons out gain AP for less cost.  At a cost of 7, gaining 15 over the course of 3 turns is really not too much.

Green Goblin:  Fortify the countdown for black.  Lower the purple cost.  

Iron Man and Captain America First Avenger:  Simply lowering costs to make them more active would make them fun.  Of course, other numbers should be adjusted.

Comments

• mdreyer93
    mdreyer93 Posts: 144 Tile Toppler
    Nice suggestions. I agree that keeping their unique abilities makes them fun.

Along with health/match damage boosts, I also think these changes would make these guys more useful when boosted.  Maybe also some power damage increases and Wolverine and Iron Man could maybe use a few more tweaks. 

Hopefully we'll continue to get routine reworks and we'll see these guys in the not too distant future. 
  • Srheer0
    Srheer0 Posts: 510 Critical Contributor
    Iron Man and Captain America First Avenger:  Simply lowering costs to make them more active would make them fun.  Of course, other numbers should be adjusted.

I really want Ironman and Cap to be decent in the 5star tier.

3star and 4 star ironmen (and riri) are all good at something. And some sort of AP battery. I dont use the 5star one unless it's essential 5 in pve. Which is a shame because he was literally the face of the MCU up until the end of Infinity War. 

Cap cap cap. 2 and 3star are meh. 4star was meta and got nerfed with bishop. Both 5stars are not that useful or seen often.

I think both ironman and cap need tweaks to their kits that aren't just HP increase, match damage increases and ap cost reductions. Ironman could easily have his legion of robots reduce damage his team take, similar to Wanda's repeater or 4rog's repeater tile. Maybe you could generate them when you match enemy special tiles, Tony is a genius afterall. 
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,083 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm not sure 3* Cap is meh. His yellow is mostly useless but his red and blue powers are just fine, especially if he is teamed up with IM40.
    Iron Man needs a re-work of the red power, It was tied to a release event which is no longer relevant, especially as newer characters don't seem to bother getting Team Cap/IM tags (Rescue?!?!?). It requires IM to be the center-piece and it simply isn't worth building a team around IM. So losing the team affiliation requirement would be a good start or ramping up the damage so high that it is worth building a Team IM combination seem like non-negotiables, at least to me.
    Cap has of course already had a re-balance and I can't really remember what he was like before but it didn't really shift anything too much. Likewise Surfer, so the most realistic candidates are IM and Goblin it feels.