XaOs72
XaOs72 Posts: 425 Mover and Shaker
Puzzle Warriors 3 - Ep#323: Mounting Relief for Whoolly's return
* New Character Poll
​* 4* Clue: "Mounted Relief"

Comments

• Godzillafan67
    Godzillafan67 Posts: 586 Critical Contributor

Thanks for pointing me to Weird Al’s The North Korea Polka from Last Week Tonight with John Oliver. I like a number of traditional polkas (I presume you won’t be doing a top 3 there 😉), but especially those Weird Al abominations.

Quick question: Do any of you regularly say anything as you play the game? For instance, I always say “Put the hammer down” when I play 2*/3* Thor’s red (Mjolnir’s Might) and “Where are you rabbit” as I’m scrolling through the character list to slot 4* Rocket & Groot on the team.

• Aweberman
    Aweberman Posts: 433 Mover and Shaker
    I also had Mantis as my targeted hero; it's why she is now level 370.  Partly I did this because it seemed she'd be excellent against special-tile teams, especially Polaris.  And she is good there, but probably not as good as just using your own Polaris.  I also expected her to be good against Kitty/Bill, but was not expecting those teams go away as much as they have.

For what it's worth, it took me about six months to max her after her release as a 5* player with no character much over level 470.  While most of the covers came from shards, I also played for placement in cl9 whenever she was the reward, which helped out, too.

TO IAN: I suggested many months ago that an easy approach to 4* progression was to play a minimal amount of cl10.  At that time, I even offered a suggestion for exactly how little you would need to play.  Not long after, they altered the progression reward structure a little bit.  But now that you can actually access cl10, here is a revised minimum-effort reward suggestion for it.

- Play the easy nodes on each sub three times each.  This will get you within striking distance of the 4* cover by the final sub.

- On the final sub, in addition to the easy nodes, play a few of the other nodes once each.  Since points are a lot higher on the final day, this will get you the rest of the way to the 4* cover, and playing only once per node will also help you avoid the increased difficulty that comes from playing them repeatedly.