Come and Get Me: The Strangest Boss Battle

DAZ0273
DAZ0273 Posts: 10,083 Chairperson of the Boards
Now don't get me wrong - I LOVE matching the Infinity Stones and getting the cool effects from them but isn't it a bit strange that in this battle Thanos actually helps us out?!?!? He has been mighty careless with those Stones, spilling them all across the board for us to gleefully exploit. With the talk of what could be done if Thanos got rebalanced it made me wonder whether his Boss battle needs re-doing too (no chance).
So (mostly) hypothetically - how could we help Thanos out and maybe land him a date with Death? Could we use the Black Order in someway? Or should the stones be countdown tiles and then maybe they switch back to Thanos ( a bit like it was in one of the Wakanda levels). Give a Mad Titan a hand?

Comments

• Srheer0
    Srheer0 Posts: 510 Critical Contributor
    Stranger than Ulton dropping bombs on us one square at a time?  

I like it because it's easy. You could potentially win the final rounds with a 3star team. 
  • DAZ0273
    Srheer0 said:

I like it because it's easy. You could potentially win the final rounds with a 3star team. 

Ultron is a mean guy, he likes to draw out his conquest of humanity and also he can only buy his bombs in job lots of 50 so he has to be careful not to run out too soon.
    And yes it is easy - waaaay too easy because Thanos is sabatoging himself! I guess maybe his heart isn't really in it?
  • Punter1
    Punter1 Posts: 728 Critical Contributor
    Srheer0 said:

In the olden days of playing more we used to have a competition on line who could beat Thanos with the lowest levelled team. 

If memory serves I beat rd8 Thanos with a lvl70 Coulson, 1* Juggs and 1* MBW.  Needed a bit of luck but for sure an easy boss fight.  
  • MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 1,018 Chairperson of the Boards
    DAZ0273 said:
    Srheer0 said:

Ultron is a mean guy, he likes to draw out his conquest of humanity and also he can only buy his bombs in job lots of 50 so he has to be careful not to run out too soon.
    And yes it is easy - waaaay too easy because Thanos is sabatoging himself! I guess maybe his heart isn't really in it?
    Most of Thanos's classic defeats in comics were because he was sabotaging himself, so that works out thematically.
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Now I understand it better. If he wasn't sabotaging himself he couldn't be called "the mad titan".
    Punter1 said:
    In the olden days of playing more we used to have a competition on line who could beat Thanos with the lowest levelled team. 

If memory serves I beat rd8 Thanos with a lvl70 Coulson, 1* Juggs and 1* MBW.  Needed a bit of luck but for sure an easy boss fight.  
    Pretty much like I always thought.
  • DAZ0273
    MegaBee said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    Srheer0 said:

Most of Thanos's classic defeats in comics were because he was sabotaging himself, so that works out thematically.

I guess I can see that - he is the ultimate "God with feet of clay" but he usually puts up a bit more of a fight than this!
  • DAZ0273
    Bad said:
    Now I understand it better. If he wasn't sabotaging himself he couldn't be called "the mad titan".
    Punter1 said:

Pretty much like I always thought.

The Mad Titan bit was more because he killed his own planet including his own mother.
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 986 Critical Contributor
    The biggest fight is getting my alliance to participate (at a reasonable level).
  • DAZ0273
    Dogface said:
    The biggest fight is getting my alliance to participate (at a reasonable level).

Have you offered them some free Infinity Stones? Thanos just leaves them lying around.
  • UNC_Samurai
    UNC_Samurai Posts: 402 Mover and Shaker
    The difficulty of this event gets thrown out of whack, mostly because the natural boosted list includes 4* Grocket and Gamora, and they can do an incredible amount of heavy lifting.
  • Alfje17
    Alfje17 Posts: 3,756 Chairperson of the Boards
    DAZ0273 said:
    Dogface said:

Have you offered them some free Infinity Stones? Thanos just leaves them lying around.

Nah, they're just paper weights.
  • St_Bernadus
    St_Bernadus Posts: 631 Critical Contributor
    DAZ0273 said:
    Srheer0 said:

Actually he can store 30 but he can only buy 5 at a time.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,604 Chairperson of the Boards
    I was actually thinking about this recently, so here's my idea.

Start with all six "Infinity Stones" on the board, as it works now.

Match them, get a benefit, like now. But weaker, partly so it doesn't end the match so fast. And then they respawn.

But if THANOS matches them, he gets a permanent buff of some sort. So each time he acquires a Stone, he becomes more dangerous.

Ideally, you'd want it to be a tough fight (higher health/damage), but not too difficult (not a healthpack sink if you have a decent team) when he has no Stones, but borderline nightmarish when he has all six. I'm not sure if it could be balanced that way, or how you'd do it (thematically each Stone should provide a different buff, but it might be easier to apply buffs to Thanos based on the number of Stones he has, and not worry so much about linking certain Stones to certain game buffs).

But then it would make the fight for the Stones more important to the match (more the way dealing with the Four Horsemen is more important in the Apocalypse fight).
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    The Infinity Saga would have been much shorter if Shang-Chi was there is what I am getting from this event. 
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,155 Chairperson of the Boards
    The Infinity Saga would have been much shorter if Shang-Chi was there is what I am getting from this event. 
    Or if the X-Men (specifically, Kitty and Polaris) had teamed up with Grocket.  Even if the match damage doesn't kill Thanos off by the third turn, Kitty's passive removes the Infinity Stones one at a time.
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,390 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's kinda sad how I fight a 150k hp Venom in a sub node, then 1-match kill a 30k hp Thanos as the 'boss'.
  • Captain_Trips88
    Captain_Trips88 Posts: 268 Mover and Shaker
    I'm sure I saw the question raised in a thread (possibly not this one) but can't find it now - Morbius does NOT remove the gauntlet tile. 
  • entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    DeNappa said:
    It's kinda sad how I fight a 150k hp Venom in a sub node, then 1-match kill a 30k hp Thanos as the 'boss'.
    If your Venom is only 150k HP consider yourself lucky.  Mine is over 250k.

Boss events are (I think?) the last place they still use the old roster-based PvE scaling formula.  The bosses don't scale though.  They have to be super easy so that lower level players can still win the fights.