The hoard is gone

Options
Blackstone
Blackstone Posts: 597 Critical Contributor
There I was, sitting in my living room playing some PvP on MPQ.

I saw my elderly neighbor through the front window waving at me from outside as she was checking her mail. I waved back and, suddenly, she was gone.

She had slipped on the ice and fallen.

I dropped my phone and ran outside to check on her.  (She is ok, no injuries or anything)

After helping her up, walking her to her house, and talking for a few minutes I headed back home.

As I entered the front door I saw my 9 year old holding my phone and, with a huge smile, she says "look daddy, I helped with your game!" And my heart sank.

Seeing the recruit page, on the LL store, but no numbers on it...I did my best to hide my disappointment. I thanked her and talked to her about not doing that in the future then looked closer. My CP were gone as well.

I only had a couple hundred draws saved up but i was feeling good about actually saving them this time. 

Anyway, next time my phone goes with me.

Comments

• Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I’m glad you’re neighbour is ok.  
  • Ares76
    Ares76 Posts: 227 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Did she have a good pull rate? 
  • Blackstone
    Options
    Ares76 said:
    Did she have a good pull rate? 
    Lol. Decent. Gamora is all but champed and big wheel...I think 8 covers. Sersi just a few.

Really good 4* draws though to add some levels to those.

I'm still in that baby champ 5s area though and was saving for the next can't miss character... After missing out on shang chi because I didn't have anything saved.

Maybe I'll let her do the pulls when I'm ready after saving again.
  • helix72
    helix72 Posts: 991 Critical Contributor
    Options
    You could try messaging Customer Service. They might be able to/willing to undo what your daughter did.
  • Blackstone
    Options
    helix72 said:
    You could try messaging Customer Service. They might be able to/willing to undo what your daughter did.
    I'm ok with it. Was a little sad initially but it's kind of funny too.

Only shared it here because I don't think anyone I know would understand that first moment when I realized what happened.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Plot twist: She pulled because she thinks Abigail sucks.
  • Srheer0
    Srheer0 Posts: 510 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Don't worry about it. By the time 1 or 2 decent characters are in LL, you'll be able to save enough pulls to cover them.  

Good luck with your future hoarding
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,618 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Both my sons have done similar to this to me – I feel your pain. My youngest spent my entire stash of coins on Farm Story 2 opening slots at the shop whilst I was at the door bringing in the grocery delivery. Like your Daughter he was very pleased with himself.

My eldest didn’t spend anything but when he was about 2, I was looking after him but also playing Grand Theft Auto on the PS2 (it was San Andreas!) – I was being a good boy though and just driving around and not committing crimes and generally not really playing GTA I guess. I went to the kitchen to get him some juice, leaving the game foolishly un-paused and upon my return he had managed to drIve into a Police Car where he was in a fist fight with the cop and my wanted rating was going through the roof. He was laughing maniacally. At that moment, my wife who had been napping next door walked in to find out what all the noise was about. “No crimes! Don’t let him play! One thing you had to do, one thing!” she said in a not very impressed manner. My protests of course fell on deaf ears. **** kids!

I didn’t get to play GTA for a very long time after that (in fact my son is now 18!) and never did finish San Andreas (I was working on my flying license!). I finally downloaded GTA5 just a little while ago but I am hiding the controller this time…

• Srheer0
    Srheer0 Posts: 510 Critical Contributor
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:

Both my sons have done similar to this to me – I feel your pain. My youngest spent my entire stash of coins on Farm Story 2 opening slots at the shop whilst I was at the door bringing in the grocery delivery. Like your Daughter he was very pleased with himself.

My eldest didn’t spend anything but when he was about 2, I was looking after him but also playing Grand Theft Auto on the PS2 (it was San Andreas!) – I was being a good boy though and just driving around and not committing crimes and generally not really playing GTA I guess. I went to the kitchen to get him some juice, leaving the game foolishly un-paused and upon my return he had managed to drIve into a Police Car where he was in a fist fight with the cop and my wanted rating was going through the roof. He was laughing maniacally. At that moment, my wife who had been napping next door walked in to find out what all the noise was about. “No crimes! Don’t let him play! One thing you had to do, one thing!” she said in a not very impressed manner. My protests of course fell on deaf ears. **** kids!

I didn’t get to play GTA for a very long time after that (in fact my son is now 18!) and never did finish San Andreas (I was working on my flying license!). I finally downloaded GTA5 just a little while ago but I am hiding the controller this time…

Kids find a way around age restrictions :D

When I was about 12 years old, I managed to buy Shadowman 64 from my local Woolworths (high street store). The game was rated 18. And rightfully so. 

Still find it hilarious that it happened. I didn't even look 18.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Srheer0 said:
    DAZ0273 said:

Kids find a way around age restrictions :D

When I was about 12 years old, I managed to buy Shadowman 64 from my local Woolworths (high street store). The game was rated 18. And rightfully so. 

Still find it hilarious that it happened. I didn't even look 18.
    I bought Crimson Skies for the original Xbox the day it came out at Walmart. I was 24 and the game was rated T and the crazy old woman that worked in electronics, perhaps the original Karen, scolded me in front of other customers like I wasn't old enough to buy it. I had to show her my driver's license for a game that didn't even require it. Maybe she thought "Crimson Skies" was filled with blood and nudity, I dunno. On the flip side of that about a year later I was working at Blockbuster and GTA San Andreas came out. One day a woman was renting movies and her 12 year old kid wanted to rent San Andreas so I warned her that it was a pretty violent game for kids and she yelled at me. "It's just a video game! Ring it up." So I was like whatever, I tried and I rang up her stuff and then she left. Two hours later... she came back and yelled at me for letting her rent San Andreas for her kid because he was killing cops and having sex with hookers.
  • TheRiddler
    TheRiddler Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    When I was in college I worked at a Media Play and this lady came in and cursed me out because I sold her son a Blink-182 CD that had "a sleazy" lady on the cover.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,618 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    When I was in college I worked at a Media Play and this lady came in and cursed me out because I sold her son a Blink-182 CD that had "a sleazy" lady on the cover.

Gotta be this one, right?

• dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,396 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    shardwick said:

I bought Crimson Skies for the original Xbox the day it came out at Walmart. I was 24 and the game was rated T and the crazy old woman that worked in electronics, perhaps the original Karen, scolded me in front of other customers like I wasn't old enough to buy it. I had to show her my driver's license for a game that didn't even require it. Maybe she thought "Crimson Skies" was filled with blood and nudity, I dunno. On the flip side of that about a year later I was working at Blockbuster and GTA San Andreas came out. One day a woman was renting movies and her 12 year old kid wanted to rent San Andreas so I warned her that it was a pretty violent game for kids and she yelled at me. "It's just a video game! Ring it up." So I was like whatever, I tried and I rang up her stuff and then she left. Two hours later... she came back and yelled at me for letting her rent San Andreas for her kid because he was killing cops and having sex with hookers.
    tbf Crimson Skies did have a ton of uncensored spinning propellers. 😂