[Android] Over a month later and the game is still showing up as "incompatible"; unable to install.

Ridethepiggir
Ridethepiggir Posts: 7 Just Dropped In
Subject line says most of it. Android 11 on a OnePlus 8T + 5G and I haven't changed anything for months, but as of early December last year - right after a certain game patch that I don't have the version number of - I haven't been able to install the game. It's not that it won't install, rather that Google Play won't LET me install it. "Your device isn't compatible" is the specific error that it shows while trying from the "remote" install link - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.d3p.olympic&hl=en_IN&gl=US - over the greyed out section for this specific device.

It's not an issue with my Google account, as I'm able to install locally or remotely to other devices plus an emulator running the same model phone. And I have a hard time believing that it's an issue with the device/OS itself, since I haven't updated anything on my end. There literally aren't any updates left for me to take prior to Android 12, which I don't want to update to yet.

Google Play support is as useless as expected and has told me that everything looks normal from their end. They refuse to help troubleshoot any further and blamed it on D3. Ticket from your support is #116377, who haven't responded for a week now either. Tried the usual steps initially to no avail (below). I just want to play the damn game while not stuck at my computer, so any help figuring out the cause of the issue would be highly appreciated.

- Have you tried all suggestions from this article (
https://support.google.com/googleplay/answer/7513003) ? Yep. No luck.
- Could you please check if you can download the game from the direct store
link (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.d3p.olympic) ?
Still the same *"your device isn't compatible with this version."*
[redacted]
- Have you tried to clear the cache and data for the Play Store app and
your device’s download manager?

**Mod note: Removed UID number. - fight4thedream

Comments

• Fliggl
    Fliggl Posts: 56 Match Maker
    Don't post your UID
  • Ridethepiggir
    edited January 2022
    I appreciate the advice; will re-post without that tidbit.

edit - or not, because I can't delete the original post either. Great choice of forum hosting software, yeesh.
  • stikxs
    stikxs Posts: 518 Critical Contributor
    If you're logged into the forum you should be able to edit your post (button should be in the top right of the post, for editing the initial post it looks like the gear icon will be blue and above the post and inline with the bold subject line). Once there you can adjust the quote part.
  • Ridethepiggir
    Thanks to the mod who removed the UID for me; the little gear wasn't showing up before. AdBlock, maybe? Either way, bump for visibility. Going to try blowing away my whole version of Android when I get some time, but obviously, I'd prefer a solution before having to do something that drastic.
  • Ridethepiggir
    edited January 2022
    Going to re-post here what I just sent to support, so as not to reinvent the wheel. The same issue has persisted through two different fresh Android installs (with full wipes before each) now, so I think it's safe to say the issue isn't with specific software on my phone. I've literally got nothing else left to try now, so I'm hoping somebody here can come up with something.

So, I reached out to Google support two different times and got the same answer - there's nothing wrong on their end. Blew away my phone to a fresh Android 11 install - same issue. Upgraded to Android 12 on a fresh install - same issue. Yet the game installs just fine through my account in an emulator, so it's not specific to my account.
    I would really, REALLY appreciate you prioritizing this issue and sending it up to the devs directly. I've been unable to play on my main phone for over a month now, and I've done all the troubleshooting possible from my end (and from Google's end), so having someone take a direct look at the issue would really be appreciated. I'm no whale - I've only spent a few hundred $ over the time I've been playing the game - but I've been playing for 3+ years and as a long-time veteran of the game, I'd like to think that would stand for something.
    If it would help, I can see about having somebody from my coalition (TinyKitty) or the Power 9 alliance reach out to whatever resources they have on your end. Please let me know if that would help speed things along. I'm available and more than happy to spend some time directly troubleshooting with someone from D3 as well, if that's a possibility. Voice call, any kind of chat, whatever's available.

• Ridethepiggir
    Just to add on to this - any chance I can directly get an APK for the app somewhere? That would be the only other way of troubleshooting the install that I can think of. Bypass the damn Play Store entirely.