During coalition events, we should only battle decks from the same node

Options
redryder
redryder Posts: 31 Just Dropped In
Apologies if this had been discussed before, I’m not particularly active in the forums. During the last Harvestide event, on the top node I was steamrolled by a Tiamat/Ur dragon deck while I was using a slow werewolf deck in order to meet the objectives. The deck was either a troll deck or more likely built for the bottom node, which is basically no-holds barred since the objectives are easily met. 

Has there been any good reasons offered why we need up battling decks from other nodes? From a game balance perspective this adds another layer of RNG that the game doesn’t need. 

Comments

• Persil
    Persil Posts: 137 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Agreed!
  • TomB
    TomB Posts: 269 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Maybe the game event should be more balanced, so you don't have somewhat no-holds-barred decks competing against lamer, built for the objectives decks that aren't competitive, considering. Or maybe that's Oktagon's way of making sure there's less perfect scores at the top at the end... ;)
  • Wolfteeth
    Wolfteeth Posts: 125 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Agreed 100%
  • TheHunter
    TheHunter Posts: 276 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Completely agree with everything said here, The Harvesttide can be a terrifying game of pot luck because of that huge imbalance between the nodes where one node is 'carefully make something tricky happen 5 times' and the other node is 'Hulk smash!'
     @Oktagon_Support changed the Disturb objective in the Matrimonium event, and perhaps this is an event they could take a look at.
  • Magic:PQ Support Team
    Magic:PQ Support Team ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 3,277 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Hi guys,
    Thanks a lot for the feedback! I will forward this to the team 😊
    Rebeca