OKTAGON Q&A Session - January 2022 *UPDATE 2/9/2022

Options
Magic:PQ Support Team
Magic:PQ Support Team ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 3,277 Chairperson of the Boards
edited February 2022 in MtGPQ General Discussion

ANSWERS

1. I think that a major item that we are missing from PQ is the concept of counter spells. With the introduction of denial, I think we have a good infusion of new control mechanics, but really aren’t getting anything resembling counter spells. My question is this: Why aren’t we getting more cards similar to “Insidious Will” to bring counter spells to our mechanic arsenal?  This is a well loved card that very adeptly brought countering to PQ, and there is a lot of creative potential to implement it in interesting ways. For reference, I started a thread here with deeper thoughts and suggestions: https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/86248/counterspells-a-suggestion#latest
     Answer: Counterspells are tricky in terms of adaption for Magic: Puzzle Quest. We have been adding the more recent Mana Draining effects to kind of go in the direction of Counterspells. The Time Bubble support from the Puzzle Masters (PMA) set focuses on mimicking  the feel of your opponent not expecting to be countered.We are aware those are not the best solutions yet and effective Counterspells are a bit harder to design and implement, as they involve interactions during the opponent's turn, and these interactions still need to be polished before that. Thank you for bringing up Insidious Will and thanks for sharing your thoughts and feedback in the thread. It is much appreciated.

2. I really like how the communication with the players has been significantly improved lately. However, the Forum is not the most user friendly platform or the most popular for the general public. Have you considered moving your player/dev team communication to one of the more mainstream and popular platforms? I'm sure that the community would greatly appreciate it.
    Answer: Thanks for the feedback and interest, our team is discussing the possibilities of creating a Discord server for our community, however, we don't have any concrete plans on that yet.

3. What would be some alternatives to the broken pvp event reward tier system that allows a player who wins every match and misses a single objective to place 250+?  Why are there so many reward tiers if players can't win them?
    Answer: Thank you for the feedback. We know that this topic has come up several times already and there are some ideas, too, but we won't be able to share anything yet.

4. Do improved gems (ignited, corrupted, enlisted, denied and seeded) count as activate gems? I tried looking for an answer about this in the Gallery of List of Evergreens / Abilities / Keywords but it doesn't say there if they are or are not activate gems 
    Answer: Thank you for your interest. No, they are not. Improved Gems are gems that have unique effects to each color of the Puzzle Masters (PMA) set.
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hi everyone,

How are you?
Here's another Q&A SESSION.
We will answer the questions posted by January 24th, so please send your questions and doubts HERE.
Make sure to submit only 2-3 questions maximum, this way the team is able to focus and will try to answer all questions in a given month.

Thank you for all the support,
Rebeca

Comments

• Magic:PQ Support Team
    Magic:PQ Support Team ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 3,277 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    (2/9/22) UPDATE - Answers 
    Thank you all for participating 🧡, the February Q&A has already started here.
    Rebeca