New Update Slowing Game Down

Options
helix72
helix72 Posts: 991 Critical Contributor
This was mentioned in the thread regarding the new update but deserves mention here. When the characters swap, whenever the guy that makes the match changes, there's a pause. It looks like when there's no swap, there's no pause. This is terribly annoying and slows the game down even more. It seems to be affecting all platforms (at least one user confirmed Steam and I can confirm iOS).

Comments

• y4747
    y4747 Posts: 160 Tile Toppler
    edited January 2022
    Options
    i have both a steam and android account - on steam it's very noticeable and annoying, but i don't really notice anything on android.
  • Jezequel
    Jezequel Posts: 16 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Steam user here  it's very noticeable and is adding quite a lot of time to my clears.
  • helix72
    Options
    Sample video of affected gameplay. Notice the "stutter" each time the character making the match changes:

https://vimeo.com/user162623760/review/662810950/27bf5be31d
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Confirmed here as well.  Another STEAM user, and another long delay with the swaps.
  • xKOBALTx
    xKOBALTx Posts: 299 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I've noticed it on iOS.
  • Isay_Isay
    Isay_Isay Posts: 133 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Updated this morning on iOS and it’s super evident during cascades
  • xidragonxi
    xidragonxi Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I’ve also noticed an issue with this, I’m on iOS. Most of my alliance mates have noticed the slowdown as well. 
  • Tombstone
    Tombstone ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 1,208 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Thank you for the reports everyone. I'll be passing this along to the team for investigation. 
  • Chrynos1989
    Chrynos1989 Posts: 298 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Yup, can confirm it on iOS too

Bullettime might be nice but not in mpq
  • dkffiv
    dkffiv Posts: 1,039 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Since the update today its affecting Android.  Very noticeable when making 2 matches at the same time with different characters
  • Tombstone
    Tombstone ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 1,208 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Hi Everyone, 

I've gotten an update from the team, and a fix for this issue is scheduled to be released with tomorrow's data patch. 
  • helix72
    Options
    Data push came through and issue seems to be fixed. Thank you for addressing this quickly.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yep...no more pauses when the characters on either side switch.  Great job getting this fixed as quickly as you did!  No more shivering with antici....