ios newest update (unplayable) [Investigating]

Julie71
Julie71 MTGPQ Mod Posts: 707 Critical Contributor
I am having multiple reports of the latest update being unplayable for most player's. @Oktagon_Support

Comments

• Tremayne
    Tremayne Posts: 1,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    The app has serious loading issues for me. About half the times the app will not load. Shows the first splash screen (a carriage up a hill) and then after 5 secs goes black and returns to the iOS main interface.

sometimes I can proceed as normal.
  • Kyphonis
    Kyphonis Posts: 36 Just Dropped In
    Since the update I’ve had no luck with the game. I cannot load it up and play unless I uninstall the app and reinstall it. If it crashes I’m locked out until I do it again.

Basically the Home Screen will pop up with the graveyard in the background and get no further. No loading messages, no UID spot. Just stay there for 5-10 seconds and then crash.
  • The_Fab
    The_Fab Posts: 10 Just Dropped In
    Same here. I could only load and play after the update. Then, I haven’t manage to go through the Home Screen ever since 
  • WacoKid
    WacoKid Posts: 17 Just Dropped In
    Same problem for me on iOS. Tried a reinstall and it  only worked for a bit. Now the app won’t load at all again
  • Ampersand
    Ampersand Posts: 208 Tile Toppler
    I'm having the same issue. I have an iPhone 12 with an up to date iOS installed, and the game will only run if I delete and reinstall the game. Then, once I close the game or it closes itself, I have to delete and reinstall again.
  • Talovar
    Talovar Posts: 9 Just Dropped In
    edited January 2022
    Same issue here on a iphone10 and ipad7 
    For a subscriber of many months, I am growing tired of continuous roll out of new products, that go out with no real testing being done to them. You can give us all the free stuff you chose to give, but I would rather have a product that is working as intended the day it is scheduled to be released. Now everyone gets to enjoy the new planeswalker, as we are locked out until you fix the stability issue on apple products.  
  • Magic:PQ Support Team
    Magic:PQ Support Team ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 3,386 Chairperson of the Boards

Hello guys,

Thank you for all the information provided, this issue is already being investigated!
    If you have any additional information that you consider relevant, please don't hesitate to send me 😊

Rebeca.

• GigaGuess
    GigaGuess Posts: 7 Just Dropped In
    Also chiming in on iOS crashing issues.  Got it to load once by completely removing and redownloading the app, but even after that...it just went back to not working.
  • Yammanig
    Yammanig Posts: 51 Match Maker
    Not sur if it’s just coincidence but happened after I updated and when I uninstalled the game and reinstalled I got on the game. 
    Couldn’t open game today so uninstalled and was again able to access the game after reinstalling. 
  • Reddragon277
    Reddragon277 Posts: 3 Just Dropped In
    edited January 2022
    Having the same issue after updating. Shows the main load screen then kicks me out. Haven’t been able to play at all in days. Since I can’t log in the game to report the problem 
  • Tremayne
    Tremayne Posts: 1,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    @Reddragon277 - never publish your UID - here or elsewhere. Only communicate that in internal messages with Oktagon support or employees thereof.

I recommend that you remove your UID immediately.
  • CanSpice
    CanSpice Posts: 11 Just Dropped In
    I too am suffering from this problem. I have not been able to get past the splash screen since the latest update. Sure hope a fix is coming soon because I'm missing out on daily rewards!
  • xtharnx
    xtharnx Posts: 1 Just Dropped In
    Still an issue with no updates of a fix in sight. Had to get a refund for my VIP. Long time player, but guess this is the end. It was fun when it worked
  • Plaeghos
    Plaeghos Posts: 3 Just Dropped In
    Having the same issue and it is very discouraging.  I have no useful information to provide… just felt like venting.
  • Tristus
    Tristus Posts: 1 Just Dropped In
    same thing here. And it’s been 5 days without daily bonus nor playing events
  • Magic:PQ Support Team
    Magic:PQ Support Team ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 3,386 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hello guys, 

We apologize for the inconvenience caused, our team is already investigating the issue.

As a possible way to fix the issue, we ask everyone who is experiencing this to turn off app notifications. To do this:
    Open the device Settings > Scroll down until you find a list with all apps you have installed on your device and find Magic: PQ app > Open it > Notifications > Disable it. (If the switch button is green, it's allowed. It should be gray.)

Rebeca.