Request: Ant Man Refresh for 2022

Options
SaltnPeppa
SaltnPeppa Posts: 306 Mover and Shaker
edited December 2021 in MPQ General Discussion
With Ant Man movie coming out soon, please refresh Ant man.  It's so annoying having to use 18 AP to even do damage with him and it's so easy to destroy his countdown tiles.   

How about making his countdown tiles fortified and reduce the timer on them or make them repeaters.

He's a founding member of Avengers, he should be more formidable.

..... or better, completely change all his abilities

Comments

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,631 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Scott Lang is not a founding member of the Avengers though...

I wouldn't put Antman at the top of a rebalance list to be honest. His partner needs help a lot more.
  • Rhipf
    Rhipf Posts: 294 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Since you reference the MCU as the reason for the refresh I have to point out that Ant Man isn't a founding member of the Avengers (in the MCU) despite what Rogers the Musical suggests.

:D
  • SaltnPeppa
    Options
    Rhipf said:
    Since you reference the MCU as the reason for the refresh I have to point out that Ant Man isn't a founding member of the Avengers (in the MCU) despite what Rogers the Musical suggests.

:D
    I never mentioned MCU at all.   Read what I said.
  • SaltnPeppa
    Options
    Scott Lang isn't, Hank Pym is.  Unless we get Hank, but it's unlikely.
  • SaltnPeppa
    Options
    Just refresh Antman, that is all.
  • DAZ0273
    Options
    The version you are asking for a rebalance of is Scott Lang. 
  • DAZ0273
    Options
    Surely it would be better to make sure 5* Ant Man gets powers that work with 5* Wasp because she is a lost cause otherwise.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Soon? It's expected to be released in July 2023. The next movie release is Morbius, 28 Jan 2022.  Dr Strange's in May 2022. It's still a long way to soon.
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,713 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    4* antman was such fun to use when I was early into the 4* tier. I like the skill set a lot. I just wish too it could be reworked. He's one of the skill sets I'd be happy for a lazy copy to be made in the 5* tier with re-jigged numbers.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,547 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I kind of wish they'd do a soft re-tooling of all the heroes with powers that are obviously too expensive.
    Some powers are complicated and you can't just "make it 2 AP cheaper" without putting additional thought in. But there are plenty of powers which are that simple, like powers that do nothing but damage. They could do this as a prelude to the actual reworks.
  • entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,919 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Is he even *that* bad?  I feel like there's about 30 4* that are way worse than Ant-Man. 

I dunno, 4* are either super overpowered or they're just...there.  I feel like Ant-Man is the definition of middle-of-the-pack.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,166 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ant-Man is hardly the worst Ant-Man tie in character there is. Surely Wa5p must be one of the least used characters in the whole game?
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    there doesn't seem to be any basis for characters they rebalance. wasp is so god-awful she's unusable even when boosted. and they rebalance Robbie Reyes...

ant-man has just as much chance of getting the balance boost as anyone i guess.
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    TheEyeDoctorsWife Posts: 829 Critical Contributor
    Options
    One of the worst parts of the game is the ignoring of the characters that made Marvel to cheap Johnny come latelies that show up in MCU. Nick Fury, Ant Man, Electro, Shang Chi and others all have been denigrated and I’d love to see them sell original costume alternatives of those characters with the appropriate name, race or gender.
  • Timemachinego
    Timemachinego Posts: 432 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    One of the worst parts of the game is the ignoring of the characters that made Marvel to cheap Johnny come latelies that show up in MCU. Nick Fury, Ant Man, Electro, Shang Chi and others all have been denigrated and I’d love to see them sell original costume alternatives of those characters with the appropriate name, race or gender.
    Some of those should be costumes, some others deserve to be their own characters, imo. An OG original 5* Nick Fury could work if they could find the mechanics to make it worthwhile, same for a 5* Pym. Electro was well built, just the "wrong" character and should be a costume. SC is the best mechanics character they've built in years and while I agree with dislike for the MCU character, he's not major enough to not be just folded in.
  • DAZ0273
    Options
    How have Ant Man and Shang Chi been "denigrated"? Hank Pym was Ant Man for such a short time - 14 issues before he became Giant Man. Hank handed off the costume to Scott Lang in the comics books - I haven't checked but I would not be surprised to find out Scott has been Ant Man waaaaay longer than Hank ever was. And isn't the version of Electro from the comics and nothing to do with the MCU?
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2021
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    How have Ant Man and Shang Chi been "denigrated"? Hank Pym was Ant Man for such a short time - 14 issues before he became Giant Man. Hank handed off the costume to Scott Lang in the comics books - I haven't checked but I would not be surprised to find out Scott has been Ant Man waaaaay longer than Hank ever was. And isn't the version of Electro from the comics and nothing to do with the MCU?
    Nick Fury was also Black in Ultimate Marvel. But yeah, calling a character ‘denigrated’ because they are not the ‘appropriate’ race or gender (read white male) is beyond the pale. Or perhaps par for the course. Perhaps it’s time I get off of social media altogether. Catch y’all on the flip side. 
  • DAZ0273
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    Nick Fury was also Black in Ultimate Marvel. But yeah, calling a character ‘denigrated’ because they are not the ‘appropriate’ race or gender (read white male) is beyond the pale. Or perhaps par for the course. Perhaps it’s time I get off of social media altogether. Catch y’all on the flip side. 
    The Avengers movie is largely influenced by Ultimates (Hawkeye is very much the Ultimates version) so it is completely appropriate that we have the Samuel L Jackson version. Otherwise completely agree. I particularly do not understand the issue with Shang Chi at all because the original source material is nothing that the creators look back at fondly or we should be happy with in 2021 and needed to be adjusted but it isn't like SC is all that different as a character. What are people asking for?!?!? They want Fu Manchu or maybe the *shudder* Yellow Claw?!?!?  Is Shang Chi not yellow coloured enough?!?!? Geez.
  • MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 982 Critical Contributor
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    The Avengers movie is largely influenced by Ultimates (Hawkeye is very much the Ultimates version) so it is completely appropriate that we have the Samuel L Jackson version. Otherwise completely agree. I particularly do not understand the issue with Shang Chi at all because the original source material is nothing that the creators look back at fondly or we should be happy with in 2021 and needed to be adjusted but it isn't like SC is all that different as a character. What are people asking for?!?!? They want Fu Manchu or maybe the *shudder* Yellow Claw?!?!?  Is Shang Chi not yellow coloured enough?!?!? Geez.
    It's a slap in the face of every Real Fan... who doesn't realize that they redid Shang-Chi's origins in the comics.