What do you think about... pvp in real time.

13»

Comments

• acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    You'd need different timing thresholds.

5 seconds per turn playing internet match. 6th second AI makes the move.

30 seconds per turn when playing live match. Every 6th second must smack the player across the head and yell "What's taking so long!"

• bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think most of us have trained our brains to recognize specific color matches in less than a second. Scanning the whole board for match 4’s or 5’s may take 1 - 2 seconds. I think we all have the ability to play very fast and the majority of match time is in the animations, banners, etc.

But if it’s a hard match that you might lose, you bet I’ll slow down and check things out. This would be the case with a live PVP. Players that try to play at their normal fast speed but start losing again and again will learn to slow down. 

Now, I prefer to play slower but PVE and shield hopping requires that you play as fast as humanly possible. So, we’ve been conditioned. But for Crash of the Titans where time doesn’t matter and you could lose, I slow down and analyze every move (especially since my 4*s are all weak). In fact, CoTT is my favorite battle of the week. 
    TLDR: I think the turn time limit for this proposed live pvp should be around 30 seconds, but I think most players would make a move in 5 seconds. 
    When I played the Scrabble app with a live pvp mode, I had to wait minutes to hours for the other player to make a move, so 30 seconds is nothing. Because of this time delay, you could have multiple games running at the same time. 
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2021
    It's easy to be concerned about the opponent taking time, frustrating you, and you being so fast and a top competitive player... until you experience the real thing.
    On my FEH pvp real time battles I've already learned to be patient and wait until the opponent ends his planning... because on futures moves perfectly it could be me the one thinking and taking my time in order to achieve victory.
    ... And you can bet that a human player will make you regret a wrong move.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,177 Chairperson of the Boards
    Don't forget players may need 1-2 seconds just to shuffle the enemy team around because when humans play, the opponent character making the match will shift to the front rather than with the AI where you set 1 enemy to the front and they stay there. So if you want to keep putting match damage on 1 character (or fire a power against 1 character) you may have to shuffle every turn or at least fairly often. In the same vein you won't be able to put an enemy Okoye in the back so her TU's drain.
    Color denial will be paramount because human opponents will most definitely be matching colors they need rather than at random. So your 'leave' will be every bit as important as what you match if you want to prevent someone from getting the last bit of AP they need to fire a key power (or you want to deny enemy Okoye TU's etc).
    I suspect most players will fight 8 seconds to be a pretty tight window.
    KGB
  • Bad
    If there is no other change implemented, it should happen as when one player fights in pvp: the player rotates a target and targets it and then it continues until the character is downed although the AI is changing it due to tanking colors or firing powers.
    However possibly the human opponent wouldn't know who are their characters targeted at any time until seeing them harmed(another factor which a human player should find it soon and consider in his turn ).
  • Akoni
    Akoni Posts: 790 Critical Contributor
    Bad said:
    Akoni said:
    Choosing opponents currently focuses on teams 
    ...Points per downed character would be needed,..
    Why didn't I think of that. That is such a simple solution.
  • Bad
    edited January 2022
    As expected, on my other game pvp in real time should had been a success, and now they will be running an special event where the requirement to play is having won all rewards on progression from regular pvp in real time. 
    Taking this step is a way for a more complete experience without taking much effort on planning new content. 
    The other game started with a similar system on playing vs human teams data but AI moving them. With a minimal rules conversion now it's possible. 
  • Bad
    After one month of implementing real time pvp, in the other game:

They increased a bit more the maximum capped rewards in progression on normal real time pvp.
    There is always someone playing! Although reaching the maximum capped rewards(I use to play a bit if I have time and if I've already done daily play).

They have released a special event, and it seems it will be a 2weeks regular event:
    It's a competition, for to join it it's needed to earn a bit of the rewards on the previous mode.
    It's running on 4 days. If losing the battle, points loss. There is a limited number of losses per event! That makes it really exciting and unable to cheat. Good rewards on progression and ranking as high as possible until losing all the attempts.

So, overall:
    The game has turned a bit more into real time pvp. It has found fresh material to new content. Players can choose to play it or not, but it's so much fun!
    I play fair and thinking carefully to win. And I use to receive friends request. Instead of froustration and cheats, players appreciate other players who give them a challenging and a hard time to win.
    And I seek to be stronger to repay some narrow losses!

Real time pvp could be implemented on mpq and it would give it a great amount of fresh air.