Notice: R243 Google Release Delayed

IceIX
IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,320 Site Admin
Just as a heads up, R243 is delayed on Google. This is mostly a maintenance release getting all the stuff we'll need to have in for the holidays, so it's not going to have any impact on gameplay between platforms. Wanted to let you all know though that it *is* still coming. Just held up in the black box that is first party. It'll be out when it's ready!

Comments

• Rhipf
    Rhipf Posts: 294 Mover and Shaker
    The update seems to have hit Google Play store. I just updated.
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    TheEyeDoctorsWife Posts: 829 Critical Contributor
    Rhipf said:
    The update seems to have hit Google Play store. I just updated.
    Mine showed up just now 3 hours after yours . Kept checking.
  • tupacboy
    tupacboy Posts: 126 Tile Toppler
    Nothing yet here.... Can't play
  • St_Bernadus
    St_Bernadus Posts: 631 Critical Contributor
     Just updated too. Was causing my game to not load so all happy again
  • Daniel2121
    Daniel2121 Posts: 205 Tile Toppler
    edited December 2021
    I can't play. Tried to update the game thru Google Play and nothing. No update there... back to the game I just keep getting the black screen
  • Daniel2121
    Oh man, I had to do it. I uninstalled the game then reinstalled again. Guess what happened... I lost all my progress. I was using facebook backup I was sure, on playing first time after reinstall I was prompted to restore the backup but that did nothing.
    Great.
  • Daniel2121
    Well, I lost my old game account. Daniel2121 is gone... all six or seven months of progress. I can't retrieve it. Had to create a new account, and btw, apparently game accounts cannot be linked to Google Play accounts. Otherwise I'd be able to retrieve my Daniel2121 account.
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,219 Chairperson of the Boards
    Well, I lost my old game account. Daniel2121 is gone... all six or seven months of progress. I can't retrieve it. Had to create a new account, and btw, apparently game accounts cannot be linked to Google Play accounts. Otherwise I'd be able to retrieve my Daniel2121 account.
    @Daniel2121
    Contact customer support in game.  Multiple ppl in the past have reported that they can help restore an account.
  • Cataliban
    Cataliban Posts: 50 Match Maker
    ... apparently game accounts cannot be linked to Google Play accounts. ...
    Mine is linked and I've no problem in switching between different Android devices to access the game. So it works fine, almost for me.

Contact customer support directly by mail. Your data as Daniel2121 is saved in the d3go servers so they can give it back to you. Maybe they must ask you for some proofs that you're the real owner, but it should not be a problem to you.

I had seen more worse things solved by CS... So, stay calm and contact them.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,177 Chairperson of the Boards
    I can't play. Tried to update the game thru Google Play and nothing. No update there... back to the game I just keep getting the black screen
    I'm getting the exact same thing on my S9+
    Says there is an update waiting but when I hit OK to go to the app store, all I can do is hit 'play'. That opens the game to a black screen with the sound playing in the background.
    I can force close the app but when I start it up and it loads to 100% I get back to the 'there is an update waiting' cycle again.
    KGB
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,177 Chairperson of the Boards
    I got it to update.
    If anyone is having the problem I had above, what you need to do is:
    1) Force close the app
    2) Open the google play store app.
    3) Search for Marvel Puzzle Quest.
    When it finds it from the app store it will tell you its installed and this time there is an 'update' button instead of a 'play' button (what I got when I tried to update from inside the game). Click that and it will properly update.
    KGB
  • Daniel2121
    KGB said:
    I got it to update.
    1) Force close the app
    When it finds it from the app store it will tell you its installed and this time there is an 'update' button instead of a 'play' button (what I got when I tried to update from inside the game). Click that and it will properly update.
    KGB
    That was the first thing I tried but there was no update lol. I reinstalled in hopes that it would patch the game that way... but in doing so I lost my account.

I tried contacting support.. will take a while I guess
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    Lol  I bet they were wishing they hadn't made it mandatory to update to play the game.  I distinctly remember when you could ignore updates for a good while before the game would break.  Sometimes being a long term player and forum member is a real joy.
  • fight4thedream
    fight4thedream GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,962 Chairperson of the Boards
    KGB said:
    I got it to update.
    1) Force close the app
    KGB
    Another possible solution is to:

1) Open Google Play Store App
    2) Open Manage Apps & Device
    3) Go to Updates available

You should be able to update the MPQ app from there. 

I also ran into the black screen issue and this is what I did to solve the problem. 
  • Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,303 Chairperson of the Boards
    KGB said:
    I got it to update.
    1) Force close the app
    KGB
    Another possible solution is to:

1) Open Google Play Store App
    2) Open Manage Apps & Device
    3) Go to Updates available

You should be able to update the MPQ app from there. 

I also ran into the black screen issue and this is what I did to solve the problem. 
    That worked for me, thank you! The Update button wasn't showing but it found it using your method. 
  • NMANOZ1
    NMANOZ1 Posts: 118 Tile Toppler
    Uninstalling and installing the game fixed it for me (had no issues retrieving my account with Facebook)