Strange behavior with the "disturb" mechanic [Investigating]

Fliggl
Fliggl Posts: 56 Match Maker
Playing the Matrimonuim Event, I somehow managed it to have 5 creatures on my side... the two "extra" creatures were all brought back with disturb.

I don't know, if this is a bug, but 5 creatures? Once in a while I saw, if you steal a creature, or get one stolen, while three others are out, you can have four. 

But five? Is this working how it is supposed to do?

Comments

• Tremayne
    Tremayne Posts: 1,607 Chairperson of the Boards
    same observation 
  • naabaldan
    naabaldan Posts: 440 Mover and Shaker
    6 is possible when all 3 disturb creatures are played from Hand first.
    It's good because the game does not crash.
    Everything's fine though 
  • BongoTheGrey
    BongoTheGrey Posts: 345 Mover and Shaker
    edited December 2021
    The correct number of possible disturb creatures allowed to be on the battlefield at the same time is infinite. 
    If you click "Not Now" on the prompt that asks you if you want the disturb creature to enter the battlefield it will ignore your choice and cast it anyway. It kind of make sense since all those are spirits and they will come out of theirs graves whether you like it or not!
    The game will also cast those creatures as an individual creatures ignoring if that same creature was already on the battlefield. So if X creature was already on the battlefield and you chose "Not Now" on the disturb prompt, the game instead of reinforcing X creature will create another X creature so you can have 2 of the same creature on the battlefield at the same time. Actually you can have n times the same creature on the battlefield.
    And the last thing that happens if you chose "Not Now" on the disturb prompt is that those creature will bypass summoning sickness and will attack on the same turn they enter the battlefield as if they have haste although the game doesn't give them the haste evergreen symbol.

You can check this video where I managed to cast 15 creatures that attacked on the same turn as individual creatures hitting Greg 15 times. On that same match I then managed to cast like 17 additional creatures so I finished the match with 32 (ish) creatures on my side of the board

https://imgur.com/CDsbxuc
  • Disarray
    Disarray Posts: 24 Just Dropped In
    Disturb bug may crash your game even after working more or less well for some time.

• naabaldan
    naabaldan Posts: 440 Mover and Shaker
    32 creatures? wow. And the game did not crash. Good programming.
    One time I decided to say no and a second disturb creature entered the battlefield and merged together after the turn (as far as i remember) Did yours every merge?
  • BongoTheGrey
    BongoTheGrey Posts: 345 Mover and Shaker
    If you click "Not Now" they never merge. The worst thing is that Greg is 100% capable of doing it if the AI also chooses "Not Now" as you can see on this screenshot.

• Magic:PQ Support Team
    Magic:PQ Support Team ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 3,257 Chairperson of the Boards

Hello guys,

Thank you for all the information provided, this issue will be investigated!
    If you have any additional information that you consider relevant, please don't hesitate to send me 😊

Rebeca.