Thoughts after Restarting: Day 60

2»

Comments

• TheRiddler
    TheRiddler Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    If you are a newer player IMO you almost have to look at the 4* field as a optional group and pick your battles.
    I've been playing this game for 3 years. I spent more than I would admit to people I know on roster slots in the beginning and play every event to progression. And right now still have about 50 4s left to champ.
    And a new player is looking at having an even steeper hill to climb in terms of roster slots needed, iso needed and not having those characters required to do all the nodes in PVE/DDQ etc.
    We get a new 4* and 5* every month. So that is 2000 HP and around 900k ISO a month just to keep pace with new releases. And there are 119 4s and 61 5s. So just a ball park figure a new player is looking at (assuming they have already got all the 2s rostered, 3s rostered and 20 or so 4s to get to where roster slots cost 1k) 160k HP and 80 million ISO. If you are just doing 4s its still 45 million ISO and 100k HP. I guess you could buy the ISO from the store it would only cost $576,000.
    IMO you pick the 4s that are needed for usage (Polaris, Juggs, R4G etc.) and those that are feeders. You target them and champ those and then don't even worry about the rest. If they get champed fine. If not then oh well they are only used for required nodes anyways. Maybe soft cap them at like 150 to make the DDQ required node easier.

• Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    An important issue to consider is what is a reasonable rate of growth?  Here I mean how many chars should a player be able to champ in a season?  As a full roster vet I only champ 2-3 chars a season.  (1 5*, 1 4*, depending on release cycle).  A knowledgeable optimal player could at max expect to champ maybe 5 chars (depending on tier) per season.

we all know how wide the 4*/5* tiers are, so I simply ask how many chars should any player reasonably expect to champ in a season?

growth in the game simply takes time.  Assuming you had my monthly resource income, you still would only be able to champ 4 maybe 5 chars a month without resorting to spending.

I said this in another thread but it’s worth mentioning here.  Even though I have over 300+ chars,  I only need 20-30 to achieve the actual play objectives of t25, and full progression+.

focus on meeting your play goals of placement and progression and the backlog of chars will take care of itself over time
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    @TheRiddler @Phumade I agree with your points that new players simply need to focus on a few top characters while slowly getting everyone else. This works for the 4* tier using shards but it would take a very long time to champ a 5* using only shards. I think new players should always pull latest as that will give them the best chance of champing a 5* quickly. 

So, if new players shard the best 4*s and take whatever latest 5*s they can get, then I suppose it doesn’t matter how big the 4* and 5* tier get. They would just fight their battles with those characters. Getting everyone else only matters for PVE. Nevertheless, PVE has great rewards. 
    But when will this release schedule change? It shouldn’t go on forever until we have a thousand 4*s and a thousand 5*s. I wish I knew the devs long term plans, because this isn’t sustainable. 
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thanks everyone for the 360 capped info.

If players focus on 1 non-classic 5*, they should be pulling Classic tokens instead because they get additional 20% pulls, which will boost their 4* power and 5* power milestones. These milestones give 5* shards and it's possible to fully champ a 5* from 0 cover to 13 covers this way.
  • Bzhai
    Bzhai Posts: 488 Mover and Shaker
    I read about capping 5* to 360 so that it won't mess up your mmr greatly. Is it still true?
    Why 360 though? Does this mean you can't max champ your 4* too?
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bzhai said:
    I read about capping 5* to 360 so that it won't mess up your mmr greatly. Is it still true?
    Why 360 though? Does this mean you can't max champ your 4* too?
    No that is only the cap for 5*s. If your 4*s are approaching 370 you are probably holding yourself back since the 5*s you have capped will probably have multiple saved covers anyways.