Week 31 Shang Chi and some other people

DAZ0273
DAZ0273 Posts: 10,083 Chairperson of the Boards
That was quick! It's Shang Chi week!

Oh and Rescue, Spider-Man (PP) and Cap(IW)

Comments

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    And 4* boost:
    Captain America (Infinity War), Rescue, Shang-Chi, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), Black Cat, Jubilee, Negasonic, The Thing, Valkyrie

Some players pair Shang Chi with Valkyrie, so it's a double win for them. Black Cat can be fun with Valkyrie if your Black Cat level is higher than her.

I would love some PP covers because he's one of the rare few who can do AoE stun.

Rescue can be fun with Shang Chi against BRB/Polaris if things go south.

I'll play defensively this week because I want to slow down players using Shang Chi. Using Shang Chi to climb means you will get mowed down as quickly as you mow others. Slow and steady wins the race.

• Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2021
    And 4* boost:
    Captain America (Infinity War), Rescue, Shang-Chi, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), Black Cat, Jubilee, Negasonic, The Thing, Valkyrie

Some players pair Shang Chi with Valkyrie, so it's a double win for them. Black Cat can be fun with Valkyrie if your Black Cat level is higher than her.

I would love some PP covers because he's one of the rare few who can do AoE stun.

Rescue can be fun with Shang Chi against BRB/Polaris if things go south.

I'll play defensively this week because I want to slow down players using Shang Chi. Using Shang Chi to climb means you will get mowed down as quickly as you mow others. Slow and steady wins the race.

Thankfully SC is boosted on Valkyrie week. Boosting her is a huge nerf to her black (and yellow).  Luckily it will probably only matter in PvE anyways. Thing is also nerfed a bit but SC will find him annoying if the boosts make it to PvP. 
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Could be that the end to the godboost?
    Or it's just that there will be a lot of off sessions events inside a holiday session and the godboost will be running again later, who knows it.
  • entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,621 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think they said the what's new announcements would be delayed or missing during the next few weeks, because some people over there are taking time off for the holidays.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,385 Chairperson of the Boards
    PSA: if you've been on the fence about running Shang-Chi with Negasonic, she is on that boost list do yourself a favor and give that a shot. 
  • LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,413 Chairperson of the Boards
    PSA: if you've been on the fence about running Shang-Chi with Negasonic, she is on that boost list do yourself a favor and give that a shot. 
    I'm curious.  I wasn't on the fence because didn't even know it would be a thing.  Is this more for people with 4* or with 5* also.  In this event, I am running SC/BoostedDD/HalfThor when I can pick three.  Is Negasonic better than one of them
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,385 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2021
    Depends on how much you like cascadery. I run Negasonic with Shang-Chi and Onslaught even when nobody is boosted, and the board just stays moving for days. Any time you use SC's purple, it creates charge tiles, and any time you match or destroy a charged tile, Negasonic blows up two more tiles on the board, which can then very likely create more cascades via Onslaught. She has active yellow and green to create more charges and cascades and can swap tiles on yellow. Onslaught's blue can also really help you with board control. I find it really satisfying myself, but milage on board shake varies greatly by playstyle.

You'll be using SC's red, so keep Negasonic at 5/3/5
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,177 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2021
    First event I've seen in 4* land where Polaris+partner wasn't the dominant team. It was all Shang-Chi all the time once you passed 300ish points. I saw the occasional Polaris with BRB or even Shang-Chi but if I did, they were instant hits for me because Shang-Chi (L300, 10 covers) and Valk made short work of them.
    KGB