Over two years...

axmoss
axmoss Posts: 236 Tile Toppler
D3, It's been over TWO years since Thor (Gladiator) was in a 5-Star Essential featured PVE event (Webbed Wonder on 10/13/2019 to be exact). When will we see him back in the rotation?

Comments

• skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 984 Critical Contributor
    Please, oh please.
    One more run and I can likely fully-cover him.
  • entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    An old 4* as a feeder?  But what if they gave out, like, ten less shards than the full retroactive amount??? 

We'd have to start a rebellion!!!  For justice!!!!!
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    TheEyeDoctorsWife Posts: 829 Critical Contributor
    While the statement is true , I see the rotation as a glass half full, as he was the ONLY classic skipped in the last rotation . I’m glad I got the chance to improve every other classic usually by 1 cover . ( I approximate only 25 more years to champ every classic at this rate ). 
  • axmoss
    While the statement is true , I see the rotation as a glass half full, as he was the ONLY classic skipped in the last rotation . I’m glad I got the chance to improve every other classic usually by 1 cover . ( I approximate only 25 more years to champ every classic at this rate ). 
    every other 5-star has been featured as an essential. Even Apocalypse has had one! Magneto, Odin, Mister Sinister, Havoc, Immortal Hulk, Yelena were all released in 2020 and have had 1 classic Heroes for Hire Store as a featured 5-star in a PVE event.
  • jkzl
    jkzl Posts: 89 Match Maker
    edited December 2021
    Funny, I was coming here to post the same thing (glad I searched first).  To put it in perspective, here are the fives that have gone at least a year without being essential

12/06/20 - Wasp
    12/03/20 - Wolverine
    11/19/20 - Okoye
    11/01/20 - Ghost Rider
    10/29/20 - Archangel
    10/22/20 - Killmonger
    10/08/20 - Gambit
    10/13/19 - Thor
  • BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    jkzl said:
    Funny, I was coming here to post the same thing (glad I searched first).  To put it in perspective, here are the fives that have gone at least a year without being essential

12/06/20 - Wasp
    12/03/20 - Wolverine
    11/19/20 - Okoye
    11/01/20 - Ghost Rider
    10/29/20 - Archangel
    10/22/20 - Killmonger
    10/08/20 - Gambit
    10/13/19 - Thor
    With the exception of Thor, all the others you listed were an essential 5* during the previous run.

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/83560/new-classic-legends-essential-order-in-pve
  • Srheer0
    Srheer0 Posts: 510 Critical Contributor
    edited December 2021
    I thought half-thor had a feeder?

Valkryie ?

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,083 Chairperson of the Boards
    Srheer0 said:
    I thought half-thor had a feeder?

Valkryie ?

Yup. 
  • jkzl
    jkzl Posts: 89 Match Maker
    jkzl said:

12/06/20 - Wasp
    12/03/20 - Wolverine
    11/19/20 - Okoye
    11/01/20 - Ghost Rider
    10/29/20 - Archangel
    10/22/20 - Killmonger
    10/08/20 - Gambit
    10/13/19 - Thor
    With the exception of Thor, all the others you listed were an essential 5* during the previous run.

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/83560/new-classic-legends-essential-order-in-pve
    Possibly that both statements are correct - they may have been seen a shot in the last run, but I didn't see dates on the link you provided, so I was referencing the [ESSENTIALS] tab on the PVE Details sheet (http://tinyurl.com/MPQ-PVE-Details) for my dates. 

Always possible that this info isn't correct, but what I've observed is that as we rotate PVEs, and Classic 5s are tapped as essential for an event, the devs tend to most often grab from the longest-since-run, yet Thor seems to be overlooked.  Possible that there's a tracking sheet that the devs use and maybe Thor got wiped off of it somehow.
  • axmoss
    the 2nd longest essentials drought is Rescue with a last appearance of 9/24/20, but even she is getting a featured essentials the event after Webbed Wonder
  • axmoss
    I think the Devs read this.
  • Godzillafan67
    Godzillafan67 Posts: 586 Critical Contributor
    axmoss said:
    I think the Devs read this.
    Or perhaps the guy in the closet sent it up the administrative chain. 
  • abmoraz
    abmoraz Posts: 712 Critical Contributor
    axmoss said:
    the 2nd longest essentials drought is Rescue with a last appearance of 9/24/20, but even she is getting a featured essentials the event after Webbed Wonder

Wasn't Rescue an essential this past fall?  I remember using her and an alliance-mate asking if it was worth him rostering her (he's still in 4* land).