Marvel Puzzle Quest R242 Release Notes (12/6/21)

LakeStone
LakeStone Posts: 1,377 Community Moderator

Hi Everyone –

Here are the R242 Release Notes.

“Who needs monster trucks?”

• Starting 12/9, login to receive a FREE Spider-Man login gift!
  • Get ready because a special holiday season is starting on 12/9, login for more details!
  • Use your enemy’s techniques against them with Echo (Maya Lopez) in select events, ending soon!
  • Prepare yourself for the Spider-Man vs. Sinister Six Boss event, starting 12/9!
  • Don’t miss the latest Puzzle Ops, starting 12/9!

Additional Details:

• Fixed an issue where some text and images were not visible on some Android devices, including OnePlus Nord 2, Google Pixel 6, and Samsung S21 Ultra
  • New app icon & startup screen for the holidays
  • Fixed issues with spelling and grammar in multiple languages

Thanks for playing!

Tagged:

Comments

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yoooooo event quests are back! Thanks for the-implementing those
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2021
    400 wins in story mode is a depressing reminder that I play this game way too much. Though I am excited to help out Spider-man against the Sinister-6 with baby champed Shang-Chi. 
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    World Tour vault is nice:

200 shards: SMPP
    100 shards: Dr Strange, Okoye, JJ and Loki
    R3 Mirror Image
    Beginner Support x 5
    And others...

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,904 Chairperson of the Boards

Yup, lots of goodies there. I bought 3 10 packs and have all but the 200 SMPP shards which I need since he's not covered. I'll probably buy some single tokens a few times and hope to get him before emptying the vault.
    KGB

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    I really like it all so far. There is snowhead mysterio gauntlet too.
    The only thing I miss is calling it cristmas, and not holidays. I hope that will change later.
  • skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 969 Critical Contributor

200 shards: SMPP
    100 shards: Dr Strange, Okoye, JJ and Loki
    R3 Mirror Image
    Beginner Support x 5
    And others...
    I wish there were vaults running like these more often. I'd sure spend more of my resources if there were.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Well, I wasn't planning on spending on that vault but I did need more shards for Strange, JJ and Okoye so I ended up buying it out since they saved most of the good shards for the last ten tokens.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Holiday quests seem to still not work right; nothing I’m doing in Hearts of Darkness is adding to the tally even though I started the event after those quests went live. Does it need a particular holiday tag like the mysterio thing?
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    They will start counting for new events. It will work for Mysterio PvE. And you can play his nodes repeatedly to hit the 400 matches or so. 
  • Godzillafan67
    Godzillafan67 Posts: 497 Mover and Shaker
    Holiday quests seem to still not work right; nothing I’m doing in Hearts of Darkness is adding to the tally even though I started the event after those quests went live. Does it need a particular holiday tag like the mysterio thing?
    I don’t think HoD started within the winter wonderland timeframe to have its nodes counted.
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think it starts during the Holiday Season starting Dec 9. But yeah those will probably get some sort of Holiday tag. 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Right on; I recall during the brief window they ran before that any in-flight events wouldn't count for it, so I started HoD late on purpose. But it must be that only certain events count towards it.
  • MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 946 Critical Contributor
    Right on; I recall during the brief window they ran before that any in-flight events wouldn't count for it, so I started HoD late on purpose. But it must be that only certain events count towards it.
    The event had already started (even though you were not yet in it), so it doesn't count.
  • Elementeo
    Elementeo Posts: 12 Just Dropped In
    I was thinking the Rhino.