Nodes Of Power Rewards

Options
Wolfteeth
Wolfteeth Posts: 125 Tile Toppler
The rewards on some of these events are WEAK no one want ruins and basic boater packs.  I love this game but you all make it really hard to motivate me to want to spend money on it or play these events.  People mention this all the time and nothing changes.  

Comments

• Firstofhisname419
    Firstofhisname419 Posts: 129 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Runes are NOT a reward.  Runes are NOT a reward.  Runes are NOT a reward. 
  • Persil
    Persil Posts: 137 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Agreed. Runes are not a reward.
  • versemage
    versemage Posts: 123 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Runes really are not a reward.
  • ArielSira
    ArielSira Posts: 490 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    As long as we cant use them for other things (Legacy crafting?), runes are not a reward.
  • Tezzeret
    Tezzeret Posts: 223 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I was thinking the other night and just keep getting confused.. can someone clear this up for me?

Are Runes rewards?
  • bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    If they are given to you for playing, they are a reward. Just because Runes are not the reward you you want does not make them not a reward. 

These are individual events. If you don’t like something about them or don’t think they are worth your time; you don’t have to play them. 
    The choices you make dictates whether you welcome positive or negative energy into your life. 
  • bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    ArielSira said:
    As long as we cant use them for other things (Legacy crafting?), runes are not a reward.
    What about all the players who can use them? 
  • Heartstone
    Heartstone Posts: 233 Tile Toppler
    Options

Personally,  I would agree, but I still remember the time when I had a lot of planeswalkers to level up and not enough runes to do it. Consider this as an event for the players who do  need runes and forget about it. As an additional bonus, if the players with millions of runes do not participate,  it gives a nicer/easier legacy experience for those who do need runes.
  • ambrosio191
    ambrosio191 Posts: 293 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Personally,  I would agree, but I still remember the time when I had a lot of planeswalkers to level up and not enough runes to do it. Consider this as an event for the players who do  need runes and forget about it. As an additional bonus, if the players with millions of runes do not participate,  it gives a nicer/easier legacy experience for those who do need runes.

This is exactly why this events rewards are set up this way.  It's intended for those who want runes.  Just like TotP is intended for "endgame" players and not for someone just starting out, this event is intended for newer players and not for veterans.  It's okay to have events catering to specific groups of players.  I'd say it's preferable even.  If you dont want runes, dont play the event.
  • ArielSira
    ArielSira Posts: 490 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    bk1234 said:
    ArielSira said:
    What about all the players who can use them? 
    I'd like runes to get an extra use for those who don't need them anymore, not to take away runes as a reward. Perhaps also that they are added to other rewards as a bonus instead of being a reward on their own. And as third I'd love it if they would be put at the end of the rewards so people who need them can still continue playing to get them.

But if I could pick my preference would still be Legacy crafting.
  • Persil
    Options
    bk1234 please don't go this way. You're widely beloved by this community, often being the good cap in contacts with the devs. That you don't share our problem doesn't mean that it's not real. Don't go this way, instead we need you to be "I'll try to help solve this problem, even if I don't have it personally".
  • BongoTheGrey
    BongoTheGrey Posts: 345 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I 100% agree with bk1234 about runes. Just because those are not the rewards that you want doesn't mean they are not rewards.

Why are some players not considering runes rewards? Because they already have all the PW they want or need to keep competitive and have no real use for them on the current state of the game. However newer players do need them to level up the PW that all the experienced players have been recommending them to buy.
    So I think that experienced players should be proposing new ideas to have something to do with all those runes collecting dust. That's why I really like ArielSira's post. Instead of complaining about something they are proposing something, and if Legacy coalition events are going to be a thing like Hunter X Bonder this weekend then being able to craft legacy cards with runes is an amazing idea and I would really love to see it.

What would happen if VIP players start complaining about mana jewels not being a reward just because they are on a privileged spot were they don't need to use them since their non duplicate packs give them all the cards from the set without needing to spend pinks on higher rarity cards? They only really need them if they want to buy vanguards but otherwise they could come and post that mana jewels are not a reward.
  • Tremayne
    Tremayne Posts: 1,612 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2021
    Options
    @BongoTheGrey - I acknowledge that runes is a reward, though it has so little value for me.

Feel free to suggest away what runes can, could, should and/or must be used for, do it loudly or quietly, do it at night or by day, do it in your sleep or however you choose, but I have lost count of how many times I have seen such suggestions on these forums without any response from Oktagon.

The simple fact of the matter is that players who has this problem is such a minute minority, that it seems Oktagon just don’t have the resources to give this any kind of priority. I hope they will prove me wrong but (moving on…).
  • BongoTheGrey
    BongoTheGrey Posts: 345 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I agree, most of the suggestions don't ever get any response from Oktagon. Their communication should be a lot better. But the complains like "runes are not a reward" never get any response from them as well.

I just think that suggesting something might get them to eventually do something about the issue knowing what we as players want. Just like what happened with real time PvP. A lot of players suggested the idea letting them know what we wanted and they eventually developed it.
  • Persil
    Options
    So I think that experienced players should be proposing new ideas to have something to do with all those runes collecting dust. That's why I really like ArielSira's post. Instead of complaining about something they are proposing something, and if Legacy coalition events are going to be a thing like Hunter X Bonder this weekend then being able to craft legacy cards with runes is an amazing idea and I would really love to see it.
    We've been doing this for long time, so not sure why are suggesting this again. People have written numerous posts with solutions, there is even a separate topic. It's not that no one suggested solutions ever. There've been many great ideas, posted over years. The problem is that the devs don't listen.

I agree about new players. Nobody wants to take Runes from them. We'd just like to have an alternative way of spending them so that people don't get millions of currency they have nothing to use for. It doesn't need to (and it shouldn't) be balance-breaking. Anything as long as I can spend them. Decks, booster packs, crafting etc. - people have had many great suggestions.
  • Endbringer
    Endbringer Posts: 147 Tile Toppler
    edited December 2021
    Options
    If they are something you need to level up the very planeswalkers you need "to even play the game" that's kind of like if us humans had to buy or earn oxygen...

All pws should just come leveled up and do away with runes. We already have to spend a bunch of pack purchasing currency just to have them, all the while they only come with 1 usable deck slot in the first place. People have to have a viable option to play the game in the first place if you want them to stick around, it shouldn't feel like out of the gate to acquire a semi-powerful pw that they have to grind grind grind or pay pay pay. Many will just quit the game and never become invested in the first place.
  • Wolfteeth
    Wolfteeth Posts: 125 Tile Toppler
    Options
    bk1234 said:
    If they are given to you for playing, they are a reward. Just because Runes are not the reward you you want does not make them not a reward. 

These are individual events. If you don’t like something about them or don’t think they are worth your time; you don’t have to play them. 
    The choices you make dictates whether you welcome positive or negative energy into your life. 
    Wow, what a horribly condescending response.  Maybe create more events with reasonable rewards? The “don’t play them if you don’t like them” response is such a **** cop out. The majority of events during the week have ruins as rewards or a small amount of crystals.  

Maybe get rid of the negative and tiresome rewards and positive morale and feedback will enter this forum
  • Scrounger
    Scrounger Posts: 64 Match Maker
    edited December 2021
    Options
    @Endbringer I strongly disagree with your suggestion that PW should come leveled up to 60. That eliminates a lot of the strategic depth of this game. What level to bring your PW to is a strategic decision. Some are better at lower levels, some aren't. Having them all just start at level 60 dumbs down the game.
  • TomB
    TomB Posts: 269 Mover and Shaker
    edited December 2021
    Options
    Actually, Scrounger, I've always believed new planeswalkers you purchase for cash should come with enough runes to level them to 60 right out of the box. You'd get runes, so you'd have a choice whether you want to level them to 60 or not, but since they show you what their abilities are at 60 in the app when they're trying to sell them to you I've always figured it would only be fair to give you the option of having your new purchase at level 60 right away.
    If you pay gold for them, OTOH, you're on your own. Then you'll need them rune/rewards. Unless you already have enough. More than enough. Sometimes then, you might even feel a little annoyed by them, especially when an event ostensibly catering to you offers mostly them as rewards, instead of crystals, or jewels, which you could actually use for what you want/need.
    Just sayin'... ;)