General Forums Contest Chatter (11/24/21)

LakeStone
LakeStone Posts: 1,377 Community Moderator
edited November 2021 in MPQ General Discussion
Please keep all chatter about the contest to this thread.  No submissions from the November Forums Contest will be accepted via this thread.

Thank you!

Find November Forums Contest HERE to submit your answer.

Comments

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    There's almost no strategy for this. You need crystal ball.  :D However, what you guess for Polaris determines the rest of your guesses. Fortunately...

How to win:

The 3 Agents with the closest total scores at the end of the contest will win a prize!

My assumptions for Polaris
    1) I included only SCL 5 to SCL 10. So, there's a total of 6 SCLs.
    2) There are ~2 brackets per slice, and they total up to 10 brackets.
    3) There are 1000 players per bracket.
    4) Therefore, there are a total of 1,000*10*6=60,000
    3) 15% of the players use Polaris. 15% = 9000 or the ratio is 9.

My assumption for Human Torch.
    1) I included only SCL 1 to SCL 5. So, there are a total of 50,000 players. 
    2) They have only 3* Human Torch, and not other variants.
    3) Only 15% of them use Lucky on Human Torch.
    4) Therefore, there are 7500 of them or the ratio is 7.5.

The difference between Polaris and Human Torch is 16.67%. So, I will apply 16.67% reduction to the rest of characters.

Your 10 Characters In Descending Order Are:
    1. Polaris: 9
    2. Human Torch: 7.5
    3. Deadpool: 6.3
    4. Hawkeye: 5.3
    5. Doctor Strange: 4.4
    6. Rocket & Groot: 3.7
    7. Hulk: 3.1
    8. Wolverine: 2.6
    9. Iron Fist: 2.2
    10. Beta Ray Bill: 1.8

Total score: 45.9
    Tie breaker is difficult to guess because it includes anyone from 3* to 5* land. However, due to rarity of 5* land, we can safely eliminate them.

I will put Elektra as my guess for thematic purpose.

• TheRiddler
    TheRiddler Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    My first thought was that there was no way that more people were using Lucky with Kate Bishop than with Polaris. But I thought further about the question. And there are still things I'm unsure of in regard to the question.
    I am under the assumption that this is talking about since the release of the support. If that is the case then it makes sense for Kate Bishop and several of those other lower level characters to be on the list. Because this support came out in 2018. Polaris didn't come out until 2020. So for her to be at the top of the list does show how often she is used with this support.
    Another thing there is that those characters also include variants. So BRB and Polaris are the only ones on that list without variants. You have 3/4* Human Torch, 3/4/5* Deadpool, 3/4/5* Hawkeye, 3/5* Doctor Strange, 3/4* R&G, 3/4/5/5* Hulk, 3/4/5 Wolverine and 3/4 Iron Fist.
    A question that I have is are they talking about how many times the characters have been used in matchups or how many times they have been equipped to the character. I'm assuming they are talking about being used in matches/battles whatever you want to call it.

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2021
    My intial figure for Polaris was ~15-20.

The main thing to note is:

For every 10 times Lucky (Pizza Dog) was attached to Kate Bishop as a support, guess the number of times Lucky was attached to the given list of characters. 

It talks about the number of times Lucky being attached, not being used. Usage will always be higher than attachment.

Usually, players equip supports to characters once and forget about it. Players who re-equip support frequently probably has some sort of team variation. I assume these are the minorities.

The reason HumanTorch is high on the list because players are given his cover in the first node of prologue on Day 1.
  • Ptahhotep
    Ptahhotep Posts: 415 Mover and Shaker
    It is worth noting that Polaris needs Lucky to be level two or three to get real use out of him. Also, there are other supports that are beneficial to her. The synergy perk will always make Kate the default character for Lucky.