Week 28 Boost: Cable, Hawkeye (Clint Barton), Thor (Gladiator), Yellowjacket

2»

Comments

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2021
    HE is a totally outclassed character for pvp.
    He is slow and he doesn't really damages foes. His strong power at level 450 is his red, but is a crazy slow expensive power, just for dealing 25k damage.
    And his blue arrows are a jake of all trades. It suits the character, but it doesn't apply to high competitive pvp.  
    His best utility is to be a blue and red battery, but for doing that he needs a character spamming cds and another character actually doing good things with blue and red.
    Only changing his red power for immediate and good damage(we are talking about arrows, not horses coming from the 5th cavalry regiment), HE could be a good character and he wouldn't need to rely on others.
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    *Way* back in the day 5* Hawkeye/boosted coulson was THE pvp troll team. One of the best PvP teams to get you some blues. Miss being able to play that team.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    when WCap first came out he had a pretty interesting resurgence. It wasn't as much of a nightmare to face as BRB/Bishop at the time. Characters who can do interesting things are just waiting for an interesting partner to arrive to suddenly rise from the ashes.
  • Srheer0
    Srheer0 Posts: 510 Critical Contributor
    I want to try out C5rnage, H5wkeye and Blob. Just to see if it works how I imagine it could. Shame not many enemy teams will be spamming strike/attack/protect tiles to assist me with my goal. And my Hawkeye is at like 8 covers, so he's weaker than he should be.  

Thor, BRB and Polaris may be a team I use. Nobody thinks about Thors' Yellow power. But it should work surprisingly well with brb and polaris synnergy. 

I'll probably end up using Wanda, Thor and maybe Odin or Cable. 
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Srheer0 said:
    I want to try out C5rnage, H5wkeye and Blob. Just to see if it works how I imagine it could. Shame not many enemy teams will be spamming strike/attack/protect tiles to assist me with my goal. And my Hawkeye is at like 8 covers, so he's weaker than he should be.  

Thor, BRB and Polaris may be a team I use. Nobody thinks about Thors' Yellow power. But it should work surprisingly well with brb and polaris synnergy. 

I'll probably end up using Wanda, Thor and maybe Odin or Cable. 
    For the first, you can try switching Carbage for Carnage (errr. the 4* version). I think they would work better with Apocalypse over Hawkeye but you would definitely swim in ap. 
  • entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,807 Chairperson of the Boards
    Why Carnage?  Polaris is much much better at doing that particular job in that team, and she has a stun.
  • Sekilicious
    Why Carnage?  Polaris is much much better at doing that particular job in that team, and she has a stun.
    Carnage has a repeating passive so can kick it off right away. You need to find 7 blue ap (only 4 can be brought with you) then pray a few of the strikes hit the bottom row. With Carnage once the attack tiles are converted he automatically replaces them. With Polaris you need to find 7 more ap.

I'm not saying the team would be good, Carnage and Blob would have to be 5*s for that, but you will have a lot of blue and red ap, 
  • entrailbucket
    Polaris starts with a tile on board so she can start doing her thing right away.  Plus as soon as you cast Polaris blue, she's going to very quickly turn the whole board to strikes.  Blob much prefers strikes to attack tiles, as well.

The other route to generate a ton of blue on a bad board is to cast Hawkeye red.

Try both teams and compare, though!  It doesn't require any crazy high levels.  With Polaris/Hawkeye/Blob I can stunlock challenge nodes and win really easily, even with all 3 unboosted.
  • Sekilicious
    I don't think my one cover of Hawkeye will be all that effective in the challenge mode. Thanks though. I really did not mean to turn this into an argument about whether Carnage is better than Polaris at anything. The original post was about looking for a special spammer and I mentioned Carnage might do that better than Carbage. 
  • atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    On the topic of the current boost list, I been using Thor (50%) and Yellowjacket. I been trying to set up the team such that when YJ is invisible and I match his colours,Kate will be the one tanking instead of Thor. It is possible, by matching Kate colour (purple) after YJ goes invisible. Then when I match YJ colour I get the benefits without exposing Thor. Takes some getting used to. YJ is actually a strong character esp with true heal, invisibility, and increased match damage (when invisible).
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2021
    After using Cable repeatedly, I realised his green power is meant to be used for low health opponents. For example, his green deals 50k damage. If you use it on a 20k health opponent and down him, the rest of 30k will be applied to the other two opponents. Therefore, the best use is to use it on an opponent with the lowest health possible to maximise his AoE damage. If you use it on a 1k health enemy, it will deal 49k each to the rest of the two enemies. The difference in damage is substantial.
  • LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,246 Chairperson of the Boards
    Champed HalfThor + ShangChi = fantastic team.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Yes, Cable’s green is supposed to be an overkill finisher. I wish Cable had a better synergy with someone, I like the character.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    This pvp has been a breeze. 

Anyone who increase his powers are good: Wanda or Kitty+Strike tiles.

His blue is a little difficult to trigger because you need to have green tiles on board. I used to teamup Starlord, Cable and someone else and it worked pretty well. Starlord's green aoe doesn't destroy friendly charged tiles, so it's easier to stun opponents. 5* Storm could work well with him but they have two colours overlap. I'm not sure if Sersi would be a good third to create an infinite chain between Starlord's yellow power and her green. 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Use one of the Hulk’s to add green to the board. Cable boosted will tank green for at least a few iHulk rebirths, and Banner hulk will auto turn for you after you get enough green.
  • entrailbucket
    I'm just so happy Boosted Scarlet Witch Month is over
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    Cable did the biz for me in Hard Nock Life, it was nice to take him off the shelf.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    I wish I had another shot at earning the pocket costume for Cable; I missed out the one time that was a thing and so far as I know it’s never been available again. At the time he was unchamped, and it seemed like he would stay that way forever, but now that I have him finished up I would totally run him like that. And being one of the few “earnable” costumes made that one cool also.