Upcoming Hawkeye Events (11/23/21)

Options
Neko
Neko Posts: 91 Site Admin
edited December 2021 in MPQ General Discussion

Attention fellow Agents, the holidays are right around the corner! Every year, the day of Thanksgiving is traditionally celebrated with a bird. However, this year in MPQ we’re doing things a little bit differently. There won’t be any turkeys this time around, but hawks instead! That’s right, as a tie-in to Hawkeye’s new TV series, we will be running Hawkeye themed events all week long! So get your bows and (seemingly) endless arrows ready, dust off your archery skills, and don’t forget to check back for updates!

VERSUS EVENTS:

• Hawkeye (Hawkguy) - No Good News

• November 23-27

• Kate Bishop (Hawkeye) - Hard Nock Life

• November 25-29

PVE EVENTS:

• The Hunt

• November 25-29

• Cosmic Chaos

• November 28 - December 3

SPECIAL BUFF LIST:

• November 25 - December 1

• Hawkeye (Clint Barton)

• Kate Bishop (Hawkeye)

• Hawkeye (Hawkguy)

• Hawkeye (Classic)

• December 2 - December 8

• Hawkeye (Ronin)

• Echo (Maya Lopez)

OFFERS:

• 5-star Hawkeye (Clint Barton) Bundle - November 24

• Super Weekend Special Kate Bishop Bundle - November 25

• Hawkeye (Hawkguy) Login Gift! - November 24

Tagged:

Comments

• Ptahhotep
    Ptahhotep Posts: 416 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I was hoping for a new Hawkeye themed event in PVE.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Why isn't 5* Hawkeye pvp in there? We could have him from November 27 to December 1. 
  • rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,284 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Glockoma said:
    I would love to see another 5* rebalance snuck in here…specifically an all around boost to his numbers would be all he needs.
    That makes me nervous after so many of the past rebalances.  He doesn't need a nerf like Cap and Bishop got, but I can imagine a rebalance that removes the blue/red generation while boosting his other numbers.  He doesn't hit hard, but I like his niche Blue/Red generation
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,618 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Why isn't 5* Hawkeye pvp in there? We could have him from November 27 to December 1. 

I guess there never was one in the first place? They could make one up like they did for the Ghost Rider rebalance but I guess we have enough other Hawkeye's to manage.
    Including "TBA- New character" in a Hawkeye themed event thread also seems to let the Echo outta the room maybe...
  • Painmonger
    Painmonger Posts: 152 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I was hoping there would be a Hawkeye themed alliance event since the one at the end of the last pvp season got skipped.
  • HoundofShadow
    Options
    Both 3* and 4* Hawkeye have their own pvps, and the celebration seems to last for approximately two weeks. Maybe they could sneak him both Ronin and 5* Hawkeye pvp next week.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2021
    Options
    We could have a 1->5 Hawkeye pvp like the wolverine one. He is one of just a few characters represented at all tiers.

I really wouldn’t want any changes to Hawkeye’s powers of a rebalance we’re on the works. Just normalize the health and match damage baseline
  • HoundofShadow
    Options
    They've already let 2 of the Hawkeyes have their own featured pvps. So, giving some spotlight to 5* Hawkeye will be nice. If there are too many Hawkeyes PvPs in a row, players will probably feel nauseated.  :D
  • turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Options
    How about some Hawkeye shards as well 

Would be nice to have a 5 day mini event like they have done for some others in the past
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    Hawkeye and Hawkguy launched during the Avengers vs Ultron alliance event way back when. For some reason I thought there might have been a System Reboot or 12 Days of MPQ style side event that featured Hawkeye prominently at one point, but now I can't recall if that was made up or not. I guess I might have been thinking of one of the Boss Nodes in the old Support Circuit having him on it even?
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    We could have a 1->5 Hawkeye pvp like the wolverine one. He is one of just a few characters represented at all tiers.

I really wouldn’t want any changes to Hawkeye’s powers of a rebalance we’re on the works. Just normalize the health and match damage baseline
    Normalizing the health and match damage would help 'fix' a lot of characters. 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    Hawkeye in my opinion is a very well designed character who is just old. There are plenty of others who need a lot of help to be viable, whether that be damage, AP cost, or just fundamentally not having a usable kit from the start, and for those I wouldn't mind more of a rethink. I really hope HE isn't on track for one of those types of remakes personally.
  • Hellblazer666
    Hellblazer666 Posts: 128 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Yuck the hunt again with the single handed worst level in the history of MPQ. Florida I am not looking forward to that.
  • entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,903 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2021
    Options
    It's a weird situation because Hawkeye's passive is objectively totally busted, but nobody really uses him for anything.  I'm not sure if that's because nobody has him, or because there's not a great partner/team for him currently. 

He was used quite a bit with 4* Cap before Cap got killed, and he was the only reason 4* Cap had to get killed (without Hawkeye, Cap was mildly annoying at best).

If they chose to rebalance him I have no idea what'd happen.  I used to think his passive prevented them from doing certain kinds of abilities (basically any passive countdown spam should be off the table) but then they made Blob, so who knows.
  • Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Options

Exactly. This is really how most reworkings should be approached. Unfortunately, health and match-damage inflation is a key driver for needing to acquire new releases and disincentives such changes.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    It would be cool if 5* Natasha could get re-worked to synergize with Hawkeye rather than having a kit that was kind of designed as a counter to him.
  • Glockoma
    Glockoma Posts: 553 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Glockoma said:
    I would love to see another 5* rebalance snuck in here…specifically an all around boost to his numbers would be all he needs.
    That makes me nervous after so many of the past rebalances.  He doesn't need a nerf like Cap and Bishop got, but I can imagine a rebalance that removes the blue/red generation while boosting his other numbers.  He doesn't hit hard, but I like his niche Blue/Red generation
    I understand concerns of rebalancing, but I was being specific in terms of rebalancing his health/damage/match damage. That’s all this guy needs.
  • entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,903 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Glockoma said:
    Glockoma said:
    I understand concerns of rebalancing, but I was being specific in terms of rebalancing his health/damage/match damage. That’s all this guy needs.
    Does he need that?  Would it actually change anything? 

Ghost Rider just got a match damage/health/power damage buff and I've seen him exactly zero times since then.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    Now that Hawkeye is boosted, you might see GR and his 1-turn perpetual countdown, but probably not.