Blob instead of Ikaris?

grumbLEGO
grumbLEGO Posts: 119 Tile Toppler
Shouldn’t the reality stone seasons rewards be Ikaris and not Blob again? Or have I lost my mind?

Comments

• Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    It is a short season, probably to get back to what they consider on-schedule. They might put him in next season or skip him entirely. I think I would have preferred Ikarus to Blob myself. 
  • FesterTester
    FesterTester Posts: 51 Match Maker
    Sorry to post this in two threads but both were the same topic...
    We just finished a season that awarded shards and a green cover for Blob, and the current short season also awards shards and a green cover for Blob.  At first glance this definitely seems like an oversight and this season *should* have awarded shards and a red cover for Ikaris instead.

The catch here is that the next 4-star character won't be in tokens by the time the next season starts on December 2nd, that is actually their release date and they don't get added to tokens until the end of the next season after their release event ends.  They have not used PVP season to award a character that wasn't already in tokens since at least 2015, maybe never, so the holiday season should feature Ikaris.

That meant their options were to run Blob again for the short season, run Ikaris for the short season and then run him again for holiday season, or pull someone out of a hat for the short season.  Personally I would have favored that third option, they could have used a character who is logically related to Thanksgiving, like... DAZZLER! (gonna beat that dead horse joke one more time.)