kasmina's 2nd pw ability [Fixed]

Julie71
Julie71 MTGPQ Mod Posts: 707 Critical Contributor
while it doesn't happen all the time.   if there is (to) many supports on the board,  and you used kasmina's 2nd ability (unsolved enigma)  the board will fail to transform.  and lock up.  if will try to recreate today. 
@Oktagon_Support

Comments

• Julie71
    edited November 2021
    not luck so far.  I will chat with the masses and try to figure out why its happening
  • Magic:PQ Support Team
    Magic:PQ Support Team ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 3,257 Chairperson of the Boards

Hi @Julie,

Thanks for letting me know, this issue will be investigated!
    If you have any additional information that you consider relevant, please don't hesitate to send me.

Rebeca.

• Vanadis
    Vanadis Posts: 15 Just Dropped In
    This issue happens when there's no free gem on the board to create the Unsolved Enigma token. A typical situation is playing with/against OG when the board is filled with gold tokens.
    I just had a soft lock however in Doomskar Claimants left ("snow") node when playing against Kasmina - the board got full with supports and snow and Greg used Kasmina's 2nd, resulting in a lock.
    Given that this could ruin a player's experience in a coalition event where a node facilitates conditions for a lock and there's nothing the player can realistically do to avoid the lock, could you please prioritize fixing this? Thanks.
  • Fliggl
    Fliggl Posts: 56 Match Maker
    Yeah, exactly this happened to me. Board full of snow gems and I used her 2nd ability. Soft lock... sad me
  • BrSchnitz
    BrSchnitz Posts: 10 Just Dropped In
    Same thing just happened to me with Old Gnawbone and Kasmina. If there are no non-special/non-loyalty gems on the board and you activate Kasmina's L2 ability you get a soft lock every time. I replicated twice in training.

An edge case that probably causes a null pointer exception which isn't caught properly.
    Hello guys, 

The team was able to reproduce this issue, they are working on a fix!
    Thanks for all the information provided.
    Rebeca
     This issue should now be fixed on the current live build.

• Julie71
    @Oktagon_Support we still have an issue with kasmina using her second. abilities locking the board up. specifically if there is not room.  (gnawbone) is a great creature to recreate this freeze and is usually the culprit.
  • Julie71
    @Oktagon_Support this also happens during the snow event dc
  • IPA
    IPA Posts: 14 Just Dropped In
    This has been unfixed.  I just got the soft lock in kamigawa run playing against kasmina.  She used her 2nd with plenty of room on the board, it reinforced the enigma support, gems failed to convert and the game hung, forcing me to quit and take a loss.