To quick claim or not to quick claim

Options
Wcheet
Wcheet Posts: 16 Just Dropped In
Hello all
New player here of around a year, ive just got to the stage in my roster where ive been able to start hoarding LL tokens and CP's, I have enough for 60 pulls in the LL store to pull for SC when Gamora enters and Odin leaves, now while 60 pulls may not set the world alight and champ my SC currently sitting at 1/1/2 i am hopeful ill recive a few more, my question is should i use the quick claim buttom associated with the LL store or pull using the main button one at a time, is there some weird mechanic working behind the scenes that improves my chances with either method?
Any thoughts appreciated

cheers

Comments

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,618 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    There is no difference apart from psycological. If you are all in on spending 50LT's then hit the quick claim. If you think you might get upset if you hit a long streak of pulling no 5's, one by one you can at least stop and try again another day. It will not change what you get either way because your path is pre-determined but it might make you feel better when "losing streaks" are broken down into smaller runs.
  • Timemachinego
    Timemachinego Posts: 432 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    No weird mechanic (unlike the new 4* buys, where 10x and 40x purchases increase odds). I personally prefer to draw one at a time because fine-tuning where shards go is part of my resource management, but if you're still new enough that you're just tossing them all at a likely target (kitty, okoye or apoc hopefully) then that wouldn't matter.
    Personally though, I'd hold to 300 for a great set (at least 2 excellent characters) and start only spending enough to put a single cover on each new character so that you can play their essential nodes and get better placement rewards. As good as Shang-Chi is, his buddies in LL aren't that good so you'd be better off waiting, imo.
  • Wcheet
    Options
    No weird mechanic (unlike the new 4* buys, where 10x and 40x purchases increase odds). I personally prefer to draw one at a time because fine-tuning where shards go is part of my resource management, but if you're still new enough that you're just tossing them all at a likely target (kitty, okoye or apoc hopefully) then that wouldn't matter.
    Personally though, I'd hold to 300 for a great set (at least 2 excellent characters) and start only spending enough to put a single cover on each new character so that you can play their essential nodes and get better placement rewards. As good as Shang-Chi is, his buddies in LL aren't that good so you'd be better off waiting, imo.

thanks for the advice, my shards are currently going toward SC as my apoc and kitty are both at 451 (my only 2 champed 5*) my Okoye sits at 375 4/3/1, am i sharding the wrong character?
  • dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,396 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I would say shard on who you are focusing to champ first.
    you’ll get 180 shards from 60 pulls so it’s your choice
  • DAZ0273
    Options
    Personally I would probably not prioritise Okoye for shards because you already have a power booster in Apocalypse. Okoye might be the better overall booster but Apoc is just fine and stands on his own much better than she does. Do you have Ultron and/or Gamora rostered already?
  • Wcheet
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    Personally I would probably not prioritise Okoye for shards because you already have a power booster in Apocalypse. Okoye might be the better overall booster but Apoc is just fine and stands on his own much better than she does. Do you have Ultron and/or Gamora rostered already?

1 Ultron 0 Gamora!
    i do have Odin at 2/1/3 though but ive read he's not so good!
  • dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,396 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2021
    Options
    If you really want SC focus on getting him. Pick between Odin and Gamora and pull then.
    We have seen this year characters like Sighclops come out of rafters and be usefull.
    So maybe later on Uktron will have more value or G5mora will to.
    If you really like Shang go for him hard until you get him where you like him.
  • DAZ0273
    Options
    The bugger is that you can get Gamora's best power as a team-up! I guess you could open until you got to her and hope it is mostly Shang-Chi and not Ultron. Then you can decide what to do.
    The only other thing worth considering is that we *might* get Shang Chi in any Special Store associated with Lunar New Year but that is a way off and after he will be gone from LL's. It is a really tricky one.

• Timemachinego
    Options
    As long as you enjoy SC, go for it!  I think he's a lot of fun so I've been chasing him across his whole release period. His best partners generate some of his colors or provide cheap board shake, imo.
    Mates in my alliance usually say pick 1 of apoc or okoye, so you're good there I think. Personally, with Kitty and Apoc both sorted I'd be looking at BRB next.
    We're probably in similar boats... I can champ roughly 1 in 3 LL (more accurately between 2 and 3 in 5) with what I generate. If you PVP, boosted 5s make it worthwhile to at least get a character to 1 of each cover and greatly improves the worth of a lot of characters, even partially covered... I do think SC's ability to "solo" hard nodes is overstated outside of champed/boost weeks (speaking as one with a softcapped 3/3/3) but it could be that he scales insanely and I'm totally missing out. I do think he's the most fun character I've seen released though.
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    If you have champed apoc and kitty then getting ultron could be good for you as you have that option.
    Actually the enhance tiles meta would need another 5* mutant who could improve the synergy or making it faster, because other options are better nowadays.
    Quick claim? I think to quick claim is for people winning LL tokens at each event. 
    Personally I'd rather pull one to one and appreciate the thrill, throw some curse, behold the purple beauty of a 5* card and start praying... things like that.
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,477 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    In terms of 5* tier,  most will go one by one because they need/want to get to a specific point and then save their remaining pulls for a future store/combo.  (So for alot of whales,  it might make sense to only level Shong Chi to 460 range but keep him under leveled to maintain tanking lineups)  One thing that boost week has really reinforced is that tanking order really matters in terms of how people will approach matches.  When a character gets god boosted it can completely change how a combo gets played.  Just think about when I hulk gets boosted over a 550 okoye.  People do pay attention to that and will try to build their respective levels to how they prefer to play their roster.  Bigger is not always better at the highest tiers.

But overall quick claiming has been a real godsend.  Lots of players can amass heroics and mighty tokens at a surprising rate.  One of the guys in my alliance has well over 1000s standards and he literally can't open them without having to block out a hours on his schedule.

Its definitely meant as a whale tier convenience option.  I wish there was a way to do that for vaults as well.  or better yet, specify how many pulls you want to apply.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,903 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Quick claim is also great for non-whales who have a pathological need to open their tokens RIGHT NOW.

I frequently use it to open as few as two tokens in a category, and it really has improved my life.  Before, if I had like 5 standards to open I'd be sitting there hammering on the screen for 20 seconds trying to make it go faster.
  • Ares76
    Ares76 Posts: 227 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I like the quick claim-button. I hoarded some heroics a couple of days.
    It saves a lot of time and you can actually see some results. Five 4-stars out of 27 heroics felt great.
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,192 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I don't mind the quick claim. It does the job
  • Wcheet
    Options
    Just an update to my original query, i ended up ammasing enough LL tokens and CP points for 63 LL pulls, heres my 5* results. all pulled through the single pull option NOT the quick claim option.
    Ultron went from 0/0/1 to 0/0/3
    Gamora went from 0/0/0 to 1/1/2
    Shang Chi went from 1/1/2 to 4/5/4 champed +1
    needless to say im overjoyed with the RNG results, 16 5* pulls i thought was a pretty good return.

My personal experience of this game i can go for weeks with nothing, not a sniff of anything good but every now and again i have a great day where i get all i want and sometimes more!

anyway thanks for all your help, amazing community here,
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,477 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Wcheet said:
    Just an update to my original query, i ended up ammasing enough LL tokens and CP points for 63 LL pulls, heres my 5* results. all pulled through the single pull option NOT the quick claim option.
    Ultron went from 0/0/1 to 0/0/3
    Gamora went from 0/0/0 to 1/1/2
    Shang Chi went from 1/1/2 to 4/5/4 champed +1
    needless to say im overjoyed with the RNG results, 16 5* pulls i thought was a pretty good return.

My personal experience of this game i can go for weeks with nothing, not a sniff of anything good but every now and again i have a great day where i get all i want and sometimes more!

anyway thanks for all your help, amazing community here,
    Wow great result and you got the 5* that really mattered.

Congrats.  Back to hoarding
  • Timemachinego
    Options
    Awesome result! Dang, I wish my pulls had gone that beautifully. I'm calling it a win for single pull strategy either way :D
  • Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Phumade said:
    ... One thing that boost week has really reinforced is that tanking order really matters in terms of how people will approach matches.  When a character gets god boosted it can completely change how a combo gets played.  Just think about when I hulk gets boosted over a 550 okoye.  People do pay attention to that and will try to build their respective levels to how they prefer to play their roster.  Bigger is not always better at the highest tiers.

This is a very important point. And it's not just at the highest tiers (assuming you mean, like, 500+ 5* players). I've got a cover's worth of shards for iHulk that I've been sitting on for many months. He's at 453 and I really wish he was still at 450. As much as I want those 250HP that lvl 454 would bring me, I do NOT want him tanking more than he already is...

Same issue for 5* Thor, for those of you just coming into 5* land. Best to keep him behind the front line, popping gems for AP but never getting targeted.