Marvel Puzzle Quest R240 Release Notes (11/8/21)

Options
LakeStone
LakeStone Posts: 1,377 Community Moderator

Hi Everyone - 

Here are the R240 Release Notes.

"Change is good..."

• Ghost Rider (Robbie Reyes) is now more powerful after the Day of the Dead with a rework, now live!
  • Prepare for the latest Puzzle Ops, coming 11/18!
  • Protect the earth with Ikaris (Eternals) in select events, ending soon!
  • Don’t miss your chance to battle to the top of the Time Season, ending 11/14!

Additional Details:

• Fixed spelling and grammar errors in multiple areas.

Thanks for playing!

Tagged:

Comments

• Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2021
    Options
    Speaking of Sersi (I am not on Line so this could still be incorrect),  I watched the Eternals and it wasn't nearly as bad as I was expecting. Thor: The Dark World and Ironman 2 were still worse imo. 
  • Thanos
    Thanos Posts: 722 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Please fix the ap boost bug and add auto boost buy.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,544 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Speaking of Sersi (I am not on Line so this could still be incorrect),  I watched the Eternals and it wasn't nearly as bad as I was expecting. Thor: The Dark World and Ironman 2 were still worse imo. 

I don't get the hate on IM2. They went as close to the "Tony's an alcoholic" as Disney would probably let them. We got the great Don Cheadle AND Sam Rockwell. The action was solid. It's not THAT bad. I enjoy it way more than the third one.
    My fear about Eternals is it just feels like a team-up movie without the proper build-up. It feels like what WB did with Justice League. I hope I'm wrong.
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2021
    Options
    Borstock said:

I don't get the hate on IM2. They went as close to the "Tony's an alcoholic" as Disney would probably let them. We got the great Don Cheadle AND Sam Rockwell. The action was solid. It's not THAT bad. I enjoy it way more than the third one.
    My fear about Eternals is it just feels like a team-up movie without the proper build-up. It feels like what WB did with Justice League. I hope I'm wrong.
    In my unnecessary defense, "worse than" is qualitative and I am definitely not an "If you're not first, you're last" kind of guy. I certainly did not hate either Dark World or IM2 and have watched both multiple times. They are much better than most of the WB and Fox Superhero movies, many of which I have also liked to various degrees. I still liked the Eternals better. 
  • Borstock
    Options
    Borstock said:

In my unnecessary defense, "worse than" is qualitative and I am definitely not an "If you're not first, you're last" kind of guy. I certainly did not hate either Dark World or IM2 and have watched both multiple times. They are much better than most of the WB and Fox Superhero movies, many of which I have also liked to various degrees. I still liked the Eternals better. 

I hope you're right. If it's better than IM2, I'm going to be happy.
  • bowla33
    bowla33 Posts: 203 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Thanos said:
    Please fix the ap boost bug and add auto boost buy.
    Not a bug, it's a feature. 
  • TheRiddler
    TheRiddler Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Borstock said:

I thought Iron Man 3 was worse than Iron Man 2 as well. Didn't they also introduce Black Widow in Iron Man 2?
  • Godzillafan67
    Godzillafan67 Posts: 503 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I've thought about averaging out people's MCU movie rankings and see what the general consensus actually is. I like IM3 more than IM2, but totally understand the complaints against it. I'm also in the oddball group who find The Dark World a better movie than Thor, which is a strong movie throughout, but it has a lackluster ending. The other two titles in the bottom tier are: 1) The Incredible Hulk for its overacting and boring story when the Hulk is not onscreen; and 2) IM2 for a long and boring middle act. IM2 sets up a lot of the MCU to come, but you've got to be self-substantial and not just be a world builder.

Unfortunately, for me, Eternals joins the above three bottom tier movies. Here's my spoiler free review:

Although they weren’t aiming for a specific genre (outside of perhaps indie-flavored), it plays out like a 70s sci-fi flick… along with all of the trappings. The costumes are wonderfully garish, exposition abounds, and the story exudes high-concepts. Unfortunately, Eternals fails to deliver on two fronts. The first is that the ending is wholly dependent upon our caring for and investment in the characters, but, with ten Eternals, the protagonists never really feel like they’re fleshed out beyond their role and gimmick. The story focuses on the ones central to the story, but it’s not enough to make the denouement’s landing stick. The second failure is that those high-concepts are rather ho-hum as we’ve seen them before and they’re explored neither uniquely nor interestingly. 
  • Borstock
    Options
    Borstock said:

I thought Iron Man 3 was worse than Iron Man 2 as well. Didn't they also introduce Black Widow in Iron Man 2?

Yes. I didn't mention her because they kinda treated her like a "pretty" object for a lot of it. She didn't really get any character until the first Avengers and then TWS.