Rework the Special Store

Options
Nibby
Nibby Posts: 35 Just Dropped In
Hello!
I really like the possibility to use hero coins for character shards in the store, but due to work I (and probably many others) cannot really use that opportunity efficiently.
Yesterday I came home from work and was so happy to FINALLY have an offer to buy shards for Okoye. I looked at my roster to evaluate,how many hero coins I should invest,when suddenly the Special Store was updated. In my country the clock just had been put backward, so the usual time of 2pm is currently 1pm.
Yes, I know that this could have been avoided,if I paid more attention or had been faster ( I literally had one minute to decide, whether to spend or not), but aren't there better ways for store offers that don't restrain us to certain times?

Maybe implement a system,where the user can update the offers manually two times per day. Or how about having a higher probability of getting a certain store offer, if you set a character as favourite. Even a fixed list sorted by A-Z would help in my opinion.

What are your ideas to make the store better?

Comments

• TheEyeDoctorsWife
    TheEyeDoctorsWife Posts: 829 Critical Contributor
    Options
    As a person who played when we didn’t even have a special store ( and pays attention to flip times ) I’m not looking a gift horse in the mouth . And the last thing I want is players manipulating personal store selection. I enjoy the anticipation every 12 hours ( like right now ) of going to see if I’m a random winner in shards of a cover I could use .  Based on numbers of characters now , it would be more proportional to draw one 3*, three 4*, and two 5*. 
  • Captain_Trips88
    Captain_Trips88 Posts: 264 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I like the randomness but a countdown timer might be a useful addition just to keep track of when it changes 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    There is a little UI on iOS at the bottom that tells you when it will refresh already, is it not there on other platforms?
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I just want a way to buy shards for a favorited character. My Electro is at 12 covers and only needs 38 shards to finish her off so I either have to keep waiting for her to randomly appear in the store or I need to get those shards from the legendary store. I'd much rather just buy them with hp so I can focus on Onslaught the next time that I pull tokens.
  • entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,903 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    shardwick said:
    I just want a way to buy shards for a favorited character. My Electro is at 12 covers and only needs 38 shards to finish her off so I either have to keep waiting for her to randomly appear in the store or I need to get those shards from the legendary store. I'd much rather just buy them with hp so I can focus on Onslaught the next time that I pull tokens.
    If they did this there'd be 1000 more 550 Okoyes out there the next day.

It's funny, because they could make a ton of cash if they let people straight-up buy meta characters, but they don't.  I have to remember to point this out the next time somebody calls them greedy.
  • shardwick
    Options
    shardwick said:

It's funny, because they could make a ton of cash if they let people straight-up buy meta characters, but they don't.  I have to remember to point this out the next time somebody calls them greedy.
    Nah, they could limit it to like 300 shards per week. You could have a section under Daily Shards that would be Weekly Shards which was for your favorited characters and then once you buy 300 shards, for the 5*, you would have to wait until the next week to buy some more for a favorited character.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,937 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    shardwick said:

Or you could favorite her and open 13 LT's. No need to wait.
    KGB
  • entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,903 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    shardwick said:
    shardwick said:

Nah, they could limit it to like 300 shards per week. You could have a section under Daily Shards that would be Weekly Shards which was for your favorited characters and then once you buy 300 shards, for the 5*, you would have to wait until the next week to buy some more for a favorited character.
    Yeah, if you add a limit to it that'd make it much more likely to happen.  The limit might be lower than a half cover per week though.

I have a feeling it'd be more expensive than the randomly selected ones too, because there's always an extra charge to pick the thing you want vs randomly chosen stuff.
  • shardwick
    Options
    KGB said:
    shardwick said:

Or you could favorite her and open 13 LT's. No need to wait.
    KGB
    I'm focusing on Onslaught for pulls and don't want to take the chance of Electro getting any bonus shards. If she got 500 bonus shards I would probably cry.
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    TheEyeDoctorsWife Posts: 829 Critical Contributor
    Options
    shardwick said:

Absolutely! It’s already 95% meta only in PvP.  There is no way I’d want this . People complain they want balancing of old characters but no one is going to favorite any of them in a voluntary shard selection scenario . As far as letting everyone just buy metas , if everyone is special then no one is . The entire PvP would just be mirror matches of the top meta team . Why would you even stay to play a game like that , the repetitiveness would drive people away out of boredom 
  • Timemachinego
    Timemachinego Posts: 432 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Absolutely! It’s already 95% meta only in PvP.  There is no way I’d want this . People complain they want balancing of old characters but no one is going to favorite any of them in a voluntary shard selection scenario . As far as letting everyone just buy metas , if everyone is special then no one is . The entire PvP would just be mirror matches of the top meta team . Why would you even stay to play a game like that , the repetitiveness would drive people away out of boredom 
    That's what the top players were doing pre-wanda, very large Okoye and slightly smaller Hulk forever and ever. I hope it's gotten a little more diverse up there.
  • Nibby
    Nibby Posts: 35 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I enjoy the lottery aspect of the store as well, but work just won't let me enjoy it as much. If I just could refresh the store manually, the problem would be solved.

Or, if you favourite a character your character is guaranteed to appear one time per week in the store. I'm not asking the developers to give access to tons of stards for characters, I'd just like some quality of life changes for the store.