Morbius Trailer

Options
hothie
hothie Posts: 210 Tile Toppler
I hope it's okay to post about this. Admin please move or delete as necessary.

Did anyone see it? It looks like it's going to be really good, with a lot of nods to other films in the MCU.

Game-wise, I have been loving using Morbius since even before I champed him. I use him especially in the pve 5* nodes against goons, as he saves me from taking tons of damage. When I don't use him, I have failed to beat the levels many times, but with Morbius, I can often win without taking any damage at all.

Do you think we'll see any new in-game characters as a result of this movie? I mean, I know the list is long for new characters, but D3 has seemed to bring in new characters that relate to current MCU shows/movies, etc. I'm not sure who would be brought in, save for possibly 5* versions of Morbius, Venom, or maybe Vulture? I guess we'll have to wait and see when the movie comes out!

Comments

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,166 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It looks better than I thought it might, I'll catch it. reminds me a ton of the old blade franchise more than anything. 
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Is Morbius MCU? I assume so but then I'm not sure. I know that Let there be Carnage (Shriek would have been the tie-in 4*) was largely unacknowledged by the game, as was Falcon and Winter Soldier (Zemo? Sharon Carter?).
  • hothie
    Options
    Is Morbius MCU? I assume so but then I'm not sure. I know that Let there be Carnage (Shriek would have been the tie-in 4*) was largely unacknowledged by the game, as was Falcon and Winter Soldier (Zemo? Sharon Carter?).
    There's a new trailer out for a Morbius movie coming in January. Seeing as how that is a few months away, I would think that if D3 were to incorporate a new character with the release, that they would be developing it now, but I don't know. Quick search will find it for you.
  • hothie
    Options
    It looks better than I thought it might, I'll catch it. reminds me a ton of the old blade franchise more than anything. 
    I can see that. Would be hilarious to have Blade make a cameo, hunting Morbius.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I saw mentions of Venom and Spider-Man and I don't think they will release something related to Morbius movie. They didn't even do anything with Let there be Carnage. Again, the relationship between Sony and Disney can be hard to grasp. We had 4* Morbius in the game, so that's probably the arrangement? 

I didn't see any villian in the thriller. Who's his enemy?
  • hothie
    edited November 2021
    Options
    I saw mentions of Venom and Spider-Man and I don't think they will release something related to Morbius movie. They didn't even do anything with Let there be Carnage. Again, the relationship between Sony and Disney can be hard to grasp. We had 4* Morbius in the game, so that's probably the arrangement? 

I didn't see any villian in the thriller. Who's his enemy?
    D3 may not release any new characters due to licensing agreement with Sony. I'm not sure. If they're going to be releasing a 5* every month, it's possible that January's will be a 5* version of Morbius, but it's equally likely that there won't be any new characters released from this movie either. Who knows?

I kinda think he is the protagonist and antagonist, and the movie revolves around his internal struggles with his human and vamp forms? At least that was the way the trailer seemed to me. I didn't see any distinct antagonist from the trailer. It looked like an origins story, for possible set up for future movies?
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    He is his own worst enemy; he would ordinarily be up against Spider-Man as a good person who now has bad urges that Spider-Man needs to try and save from himself ultimately leading up to a decision between standing by his pre-vampire friend or innocents who are now in harms way. He follows a very similar origin template to most Spider-Man former friends turned enemies. But since this Sinister 6 Cinematic Universe seems to be existing at best on the fringes of the spider-man franchise, I really don't know what their plan is.

It would be great if Morbius could cross paths with both Mehershali Ali's Blade AND Diego Luna's Ghost Rider, all those books used to overlap back in the day.
  • TheDaniel
    TheDaniel Posts: 29 Just Dropped In
    Options
    The movie was intended to be released in 2020 but, as with Black Widow and others, was postponed due to the pandemic. It's quite possible that Morbius is / was a tie-in character for the movie.
  • fractalvisions
    fractalvisions Posts: 306 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Yes, I'm pretty sure Morbius was the tie-in.

For anyone going to see Venom 2, make sure to stay for the mid-credits scene to get a hint as to how Venom will tie-in to Spider-Man. It will be interesting to see if there's something similar in Morbius.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,547 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Seems like a risk for them to go so dark. Not that I'm against them taking risks. If the MCU is to survive, they need to push the envelope. I just wonder about the box office ceiling in this case. It's also difficult to see him standing next to Ant-Man on the front lines of a future Endgame. Then again, this is Sony, so maybe this is more about standing him next to Venom, anyway.
    I like Leto. I hope this works out. I still feel like his Joker got short-changed.
  • Sekilicious
    Options
    Yes, I'm pretty sure Morbius was the tie-in.

For anyone going to see Venom 2, make sure to stay for the mid-credits scene to get a hint as to how Venom will tie-in to Spider-Man. It will be interesting to see if there's something similar in Morbius.
    Thinking it over I am convinced it was about certain members MCU being part of the Sony Universe and not necessarily the other way around.  It will be interesting to see for sure 
  • dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,404 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    AFIAK only the Spiderman movies are in the MCU.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    There was definitely a rights thing happening with the Sinister 6 suite of films not being able to use Spider-Man I seem to recall. 
  • dianetics
    Options
    From what I remember, for allowing Spiderman into the MCU movies like Civil War, Sony allowed a Marvel exec on the board of the Spiderman movies.
    None of the other properties got the same treatment and were not considered canon of the MCU.
  • Sekilicious
    Options
    The post credits of Far from Home and Let there be Carnage the fact Tom Holland apparently has a contract for a dozen movies and the rumours of the Numerous older Sony Spider-Man characters being in No Way Home suggests the agreement between Sony and Marvel has changed somewhat.  There are even rumours of Sinister Six being involved somewhere somehow 
  • dianetics
    Options
    I haven't kept up with MCU since Far From Home, but I know someone from Marvel was onboard for the first two Spidey movies, but not Venom 1. I haven't even watched a Marvel movie since Endgame. So years ago there was some sort of working relationship between Sony and Marvel for certain aspects of their film franchises, but not others.