First ability of Professor Onyx has stopped working [Fixed]

Pirhotek
Pirhotek Posts: 45 Just Dropped In
The first ability of Professor Onyx has stopped working since Midnight Hunt was released.  It shows you the four cards to choose from, you choose one and accept but then nothing happens.  Luckily it doesn't drain your Loyalty or use up your one ability per turn so can still do the second or third ability.

Comments

• Pirhotek
    Is no one else unable to use Professor Onyx's first ability?
  • RUR_PL
    RUR_PL Posts: 21 Just Dropped In
    I've just tried and it works as intended.
  • Pirhotek
    I have tried Onyx many times now with different decks and events and the first ability never works.  I am on iOS with latest release and Onyx is at level 40 (so ability is at level 3)
  • Xuriel
    Xuriel Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
    That's strange. The first ability works okay for me in my Android tablet. I booted up my iOS one to check and played a couple of matches with Professor Onyx and the ability worked fine there also.
  • Magic:PQ Support Team
    Magic:PQ Support Team ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 3,386 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2021

Thank you for the feedback, this issue will be investigated!
    In order to help us, please provide the following information (only those you haven't provided yet) if you have it. You can PM me the answer if you prefer, or send it to Customer Support in-game:

• Which Planeswalker? (Full PW Name)

• Which Level?

• Is it related to a mechanic, trigger or ability text?

• All cards in the deck and possible interactions that might have happened.

Thank you,
    Rebeca. 

• Pirhotek
    I want to iterate my Prof Onyx is currently level 42 so the first ability is at level 3.  I suspect it is only broken at this level and only when selecting a non-spell from the 3 cards offered.  This makes the ability in some ways "useful" broken the way it is. You can use the ability and if you don't like any of the cards offered and at least one is a non-spell, you can select it and then it becomes like you never used the ability and you can keep all your Loyalty and wait.
  • Scrounger
    Scrounger Posts: 65 Match Maker
    @Pirhotek I am having the exact same issue and my Professor Onyx A1 is also at Level 3. Her A1 works if I select a spell, otherwise it does nothing. I literally can't get a non-spell in my hand. If I chose a non-spell, the menu showing the three choices just closes, no loyalty is deducted, and the game continues on (including letting me use an ability of hers again, including trying the A1 again). Unlike you, I don't like this because sometimes I want a non-spell (especially since my deck runs only 2 creatures, it is often the case that I want a creature so that I have some proactive gas, rather than a reactive spell).

To the folks who said Onyx is working as intended, did you try and use her A1 to select a non-spell. The bug I have is that selecting spells works fine. It just doesn't work when you attempt to select a support or a creature.
  • Magic:PQ Support Team
    Magic:PQ Support Team ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 3,386 Chairperson of the Boards
     This issue should now be fixed on the current live build.