General Forums Contest Chatter (10/25/21)

LakeStone
LakeStone Posts: 1,377 Community Moderator
Please keep all chatter about the contest to this thread.  No submissions from the October Forums Contest will be accepted via this thread.

Thank you!

Find October Forums Contest HERE to submit your answer.

Comments

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,928 Chairperson of the Boards
    3 of the 6 costumes cost real $.
    I went with the theory that only spenders with strong rosters (and correspondingly are better players because of the spending advantage) bought the 3 costumes that cost $ and thus were less likely to lose when using said character.
    Dino gets used in his once a year crash by players who likely have him way undercovered and thus more likely to lose.
    KGB
  • TheRiddler
    TheRiddler Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    I just wonder how much that addition of boosted 5s attribute to the characters with costumes having a higher win rate. Their addition likely makes more rosters have a chance of punching up. Were the rates also up before boosted 5s were a thing? Also I'm making the assumption that defensive matches in PVP don't count.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    This is really tough. 

Cloak and Dagger (Death)
    Deadpool (Piratepool) - Free
    Devil Dinosaur (Dapper Dino)
    Jessica Jones (Sherlock)
    Mysterio (Snow Globe)
    Scarlet Witch (Bewitching)- Free

Whose costume is free besides the above?

I'm guessing 
    JJ
    Deadpool
    SW
    Devil Dino
    C&D
    Mysterio

As for tie breaker, it's going to be a wild guess.
  • MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 979 Critical Contributor
    IIRC Devil Dinosaur's costume cost HP, not real money.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Wow, the result is out. Deadpool and Jessica Jones lost the most number of times. And Mysterio ranked in 3rd.  :o
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,928 Chairperson of the Boards
    Also stunned by the results.
    The only reason I I can see for Deadpool having a losing record is that he was often part of a gimmick team with 4Carol/Grocket designed to take down enemy Polaris/Grocket (Kitty/Grocket) teams and it went south fast causing players to retreat.
    For Jessica I imagine the player didn't get lucky finding the trap tiles.
    KGB
  • TheRiddler
    TheRiddler Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    Something I was thinking about was them being featured in PVP. Has Jessica Jones been a required character in the last year? What about 4* Deadpool?

• Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Something I was thinking about was them being featured in PVP. Has Jessica Jones been a required character in the last year? What about 4* Deadpool?

They skipped JJ for a new character, I can’t remember which but there was a forum post complaining about it. I don’t the DP has, but I may be forgetting. Someone will be along who tracks these things,lol