supports

Options
jredd
jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
ever gonna make more? and make em easier to upgrade? asking for a friend...

Comments

• Srheer0
    Srheer0 Posts: 510 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Ask in the suggestions board :D 

Even though they won't comment on it, it clearly isn't high on their priorities (d3)
  • primetime21
    primetime21 Posts: 90 Match Maker
    Options
    I can't remember the last time I got a new level of a support, even with all the Puzzle Gauntlets.  And I only have one 5* support.
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 971 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Today I got two upgrades from the puzzle gauntlet (over 2 accounts), one Dora Milaje from 3 to 4 and one from 3 to 5. I call that a success. Not much luck with the other supports though. 
  • dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,396 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    0 5* supports and I have been playing forever. The system needs an overhaul. Many requirements need to be lessened. A support binded to a single character (hello black panther) should not happen because there are so few.
    give users an upgrade path and stop tying the best PvE items to PvP.
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    dianetics said:
    0 5* supports and I have been playing forever. The system needs an overhaul. Many requirements need to be lessened. A support binded to a single character (hello black panther) should not happen because there are so few.
    give users an upgrade path and stop tying the best PvE items to PvP.
    I would be happy if they would get rid of all requirements for supports. Carol's Communicator should be on Juggernaut if I want it to be. It would be nice if I could give Apocalypse Sanctum Sanitorium as well. Things like Spider Sense may be thematic, but really, if Juggernaut can pack around Hope Summers without problem I don't know why Kingpin or Beast can't have some spider abilities if I want them to. 
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,477 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Truthfully Support Effects are wildly OP.  So I totally get why they are so limited in use.  That said,  its a huge hole in the game ATM.  From my perspective,  its okay if they wipe all the powers clean and start from scratch.  But they need to make sure that what ever they rebalance the powers too,  its fully useable in both pvp and pve.  Plus people with large collections are significant number of 4*/5* supports are at a similar power level in the new support system.  Whatever it becomes
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    TheEyeDoctorsWife Posts: 829 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Phumade said:
    Truthfully Support Effects are wildly OP.  So I totally get why they are so limited in use.  That said,  its a huge hole in the game ATM.  From my perspective,  its okay if they wipe all the powers clean and start from scratch.  But they need to make sure that what ever they rebalance the powers too,  its fully useable in both pvp and pve.  Plus people with large collections are significant number of 4*/5* supports are at a similar power level in the new support system.  Whatever it becomes
    PvP is already broken in how they determine an equal opponent. The addition of more advantages stacked on to the whales is a catastrophe to casual players . I’d have much less interest than currently.
  • TheRiddler
    TheRiddler Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Anybody else use to play the game Avengers Alliance on Facebook?
    They had items that acted as supports that were character type, character or action specific. You could buy them with in-game currency or win them through the game. And you could use them in PVP.
    But the same thing that you generally see on here is that at the higher levels people all pretty much used the same ones. There was one that would increase health and defense and cause damage and drain stamina/ap from the attacker. And pretty much everybody in the top was running it.
    I don't think its a bad thing to leave them out of PVP. The player already has an advantage by going up against the AI. 
    I would be happy if they just made it where you could get credit towards leveling them up with dupes.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The reason everyone want supports to be upgraded to R5 easily is because they know supports are OP. But some pretend that it's not a big deal. I remember top pve players, before scl 10 was introduced, used supports to finish scl 9 match in 30 seconds. All they need to do is to retreat and play the node again until they gain aps from supports, which is way faster to finish a match.

When the day supports can be upgraded to R5 easily come, they will be angry. Why? Because the dev will nerf supports again. 

Let's be frank, if back then, those players didn't whine about:

1) being "forced" to play Support Ciruits (r.i.p. 8 April 19)
    2) HP and CP support bundle offers
    3) Off-Season and 240-item Support Vaults

Today, more players would have more opportunities or a variety of ways to get Advanced and Master Support tokens regularly. And Advanced and Master Token wouldn't have been nerfed. The only token that got a buff was Beginner Support token.

Currently, each Puzzle Ops give
    2 specific Master Supports
    2 Beginner Support Token
    1 Advanced Support Token every month

to all players with the "right" characters. However, it doesn't stop them from complaining about "poor" rewards but "hard" work to solve the puzzles.

Many precedences have already been set for the changes(nerfs) made to supports. It's so predictable that if one day your average players can get R5 supports easily, all your supports that give 5 or 6 aps at the start of the game will start giving you 2-3 aps instead, and those that give 3 aps will start giving you 1 ap instead.

Bring back HP and CP bundle supports! Bring back Support HP stores even if you were to make it even more expensive.