Options
2»

Comments

• Gunmix25
    Gunmix25 Posts: 1,434 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Gunmix25 said:
    Ampersand said:
    Do we have any ballpark idea of when this Update is coming out? I'm super excited to play with all the new cards!
    My guess is next week.
    I agree. They've been holding to this pattern for the past few sets

It's not just the past few sets, it's nearly all of the updates for a while now.  There is typically a pre-release notice, followed by an update the following week.
    The reason i stated this is because Ikoria and M21 were on a thursday and friday respectively, I remember because M21 caused some issues on a coalition event that followed. The rest of the Oktagon-made sets prior were either tuesday , wednesday or thursday. and time out was avg. 2 weeks, sometimes less if we were lucky. The sets that followed M21 have all been on the Tuesday following releasing info on the set, hence my saying "holding this pattern." Hibernium was really good about consistent release days before they closed their doors. Oktagon had a huge up hill battle to get there and I think they've done an ok job at this point. :smile:
  • ambrosio191
    ambrosio191 Posts: 292 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Gunmix25 said:
    Gunmix25 said:
    Ampersand said:
    Do we have any ballpark idea of when this Update is coming out? I'm super excited to play with all the new cards!
    My guess is next week.
    I agree. They've been holding to this pattern for the past few sets

It's not just the past few sets, it's nearly all of the updates for a while now.  There is typically a pre-release notice, followed by an update the following week.
    The reason i stated this is because Ikoria and M21 were on a thursday and friday respectively, I remember because M21 caused some issues on a coalition event that followed. The rest of the Oktagon-made sets prior were either tuesday , wednesday or thursday. and time out was avg. 2 weeks, sometimes less if we were lucky. The sets that followed M21 have all been on the Tuesday following releasing info on the set, hence my saying "holding this pattern." Hibernium was really good about consistent release days before they closed their doors. Oktagon had a huge up hill battle to get there and I think they've done an ok job at this point. :smile:

I tend to agree.  Unless there is some unforseen issue, Oktagon has been fairly consistent with their release, after they have put out pre-release notes.  There seems to be ~6 weeks between releases, but once the pre-release notes are posted the update is soon to follow.  I was just pointing out it's not limited to updates with sets, but all updates they push out.
  • DrRuphus
    DrRuphus Posts: 61 Match Maker
    Options
    I wonder if the timers in the shop might give us an indication about the release date. I mean when they rotate they will be substituted by the new set. If this hypothesis is true the next optimal day will be Friday...
  • DrRuphus
    DrRuphus Posts: 61 Match Maker
    Options
    DrRuphus said:
    I wonder if the timers in the shop might give us an indication about the release date. I mean when they rotate they will be substituted by the new set. If this hypothesis is true the next optimal day will be Friday...
    Ok, I was wrong
  • Magic:PQ Support Team
    Magic:PQ Support Team ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 3,277 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2021
    Options
    Just to clarify, is this different power as in power/toughness? Or different powers as in abilities? We're assuming it's the power/toughness but wanted to make sure.

Hello @madwren,

I asked the GD and he said:
    "Yes, Coven will only be active if you control 2 or more creatures with different powers (from Power/Toughness). It's important to note that it only takes the "power" into consideration - toughness doesn't count."

Rebeca

• Magic:PQ Support Team
    Magic:PQ Support Team ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 3,277 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2021
    Options
    What's the exact definition in "color match" here @Oktagon_Support?

Hello @machine,

I asked the GDs about it and they said the following:
    "Disturb will count any match, either from swaps, cascades, or conversion. Regarding Enhance, we will update its hint to clarify that it counts only towards matches that were made by swapping."

Rebeca

• Bubbles_CS
    Bubbles_CS Posts: 332 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    @Oktagon_Support please post release notes for v5.2.1. Thanks 
  • Persil
    Persil Posts: 137 Tile Toppler
    edited October 2021
    Options
    critman said:
    Of course, my dream implementation of Night/Day would have been the entire backdrop of the battlefield changed from a nightscape to a dayscape taken from existing MTG artwork, but that was never going to happen, was it.... Changing a background is an almost impossible task for programmers ^_^
    This will be implemented right after they fix Teferi Master of Time's 3rd ability bug and provide a way to spend our millions of Mana Runes.
  • stikxs
    stikxs Posts: 518 Critical Contributor
    Options

Fixed issue with deck build closing at the start of the hour.

Was just picking a PW for a node in The Colossal Tussle at the start of the hour and the game kicked me back to the event main screen like it always has.