Coalition events post rotation

Options
RedHerring
RedHerring Posts: 13 Just Dropped In
With impending rotation, at least 3 staple coalition events (HxB, Ttn, Atv) are going legacy. Just wondering if there are plans to make them set restricted..
Cheers,
Tagged:

Comments

• Julie71
    Julie71 MTGPQ Mod Posts: 707 Critical Contributor
    edited October 2021
    Options
    With impending rotation, at least 3 staple coalition events (HxB, Ttn, Atv) are going legacy. Just wondering if there are plans to make them set restricted..
    Cheers,
    I did notice that they said last time these will be in standard. they will go to legacy. not set restrictive
  • RedHerring
    RedHerring Posts: 13 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Thanks Julie. I suppose I was hoping to find out, whether it will be a RAW-like setup, with only selected legacy sets being permitted or free for all, with omni/huf and green converters loops running amok. If newest set will come with coalition event, that would mean only 3 standard coalition events in rotation, so we will get plenty of legacy versions reruns of the three I've mentioned.
  • soultwist
    soultwist Posts: 325 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Julie71 said:
    Cheers,
    I did notice that they said last time these will be in standard. they will go to legacy. not set restrictive
    I do think your 100% right that they will go legacy, but set restricted would also not be standard
  • Mainloop25
    Mainloop25 Posts: 1,936 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Are there any set-restricted legacy events?
  • soultwist
    soultwist Posts: 325 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Ravnica at War
  • Volrak
    Volrak Posts: 732 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Every block-restricted event in the game other than DvK currently allows cards from at least one set that's not in Standard.  Those events are AInf, EC, FiRF, StD, ZvE, and RAW.
  • Techg
    Techg Posts: 65 Match Maker
    Options
    Hopefully we find out soon what the plans are.