Enhanced gems mechanic

Machine
Machine Posts: 787 Critical Contributor
I don't know if this is by design or a bug, but cards with Enhance only get enhanced when you directly match the enhanced gems. The cards will NOT be enhanced if you use gem conversion and when you match them during a cascade. That makes this mechanic very weak, not to mention near unusable.

Comments

• jtwood
    jtwood Posts: 1,285 Chairperson of the Boards
    Relevant documentation reference to support Machine's submission...
    The Enhanced evergreen reads:
    “This card gets enhanced whenever you match an Enhanced gem. This effect can be triggered up to X times. X is this card’s Enhance value.”
    --------------------------------
    • Match
      • A Match happens when 3 or more gems are combined - either by swap, conversion, or cascades. When multiple gems are destroyed without being previously swapped, converted, or cascaded, it doesn’t count as a Match.
    ...in contrast to...
    • Swap
      • “Swap” is the movement made to change a gem’s position with another gem’s position before they’re matched.

• stikxs
    stikxs Posts: 518 Critical Contributor
    If you make a landfall with your swap and there is an enhanced gem in that row/column then it will get counted even if it isn't part of the match from the swap. Looks like it just doesn't check matches/landfalls after the match from the initial swap.
  • Machine
    stikxs said:
    If you make a landfall with your swap and there is an enhanced gem in that row/column then it will get counted even if it isn't part of the match from the swap. Looks like it just doesn't check matches/landfalls after the match from the initial swap.
    In that case, it's a bug. I've had this way too often where my cards with Enhance were not enhanced after I made a swap and enhanced gems were matched by a cascade.
  • Magic:PQ Support Team
    Magic:PQ Support Team ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 3,259 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2021
    Hello @Machine, sorry for the delay!
    I asked the GD and he said the Enhanced gems mechanic is working as expected, Enhanced only counts match by swap.

Rebeca
  • stikxs
    stikxs Posts: 518 Critical Contributor

Really??
  • Machine
    Hello @Machine, sorry for the delay!
    I asked the GD and he said the Enhanced gems mechanic is working as expected, Enhanced only counts match by swap.

Rebeca
    Thanks for the clarification Rebeca. Mental note to self: don't use cards with Enhance in PvP coalition events.
  • Tremayne
    Tremayne Posts: 1,607 Chairperson of the Boards
    @Machine - or just don’t use cards with enhance!! They are slow and underwhelming to say the least.