Marvel Puzzle Quest R237 Release Notes (9/27/21)

Options
LakeStone
LakeStone Posts: 1,377 Community Moderator

Hi Everyone –

Here are the R237 Release Notes.

“Super-absorbent”

• Be a suit of armor around the world with Ultron (Age of Ultron) in select events, ending soon!
  • Gear up for the Avengers vs. Ultron Boss Event coming September 30th!
  • Celebrate Hispanic Heritage Month with FREE login gifts through October 15th! – Fight your way to the top in the Power Stone Season, now live!
  • Don’t miss the latest Puzzle Ops ending 9/30!

Additional Details:

• Fixed spelling and grammar errors in multiple areas.

Thank you for playing!

Tagged:

Comments

• TheRiddler
    TheRiddler Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Absorbing Man?
  • Alfje17
    Alfje17 Posts: 3,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Hurray! Paste-Pot Pete confirmed!
  • Mr_F
    Mr_F Posts: 720 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Alfje17 said:
    Hurray! Paste-Pot Pete confirmed!

It's Trapster!
    And yes, I got the joke.
  • Carnifex
    Carnifex Posts: 107 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Sebastian Shaw? 
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,974 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2021
    Options
    Carnifex said:
    Sebastian Shaw? 

Since this is a 4* I'd be rather surprised if we got a 2nd Winter Soldier at the 4* tier.
    Given it's about to be Hispanic Heritage month I'd expect at least one (if not both) of the next 2 releases to be Hispanic in origin. Maybe someone like Sunspot who absorbs solar radiation for his powers or Power Man who absorbs Chi (an early counter for Shang Chi - lol).
    KGB
  • Kwahder
    Kwahder Posts: 174 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Sebastian Shaw, not Sebastian Stan.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    How many degrees of Kevin Bacon are Sebastian Stan and Sebastian Shw you think?
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,602 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    3, technically. Sebastian Stan basically has two degrees separation from Kevin Bacon, and two degrees separation from the entire cast of X-Men: First Class. So whether you go  Stan -> Link -> Kevin Bacon -> Sebastian Shaw or Stan -> Link -> Cast Member of First Class -> Sebastian Shaw, it takes that third step to link that specific actor-character combo.
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    TheEyeDoctorsWife Posts: 829 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Only a 4*, so prob the Blob .
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,669 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Well Kevin Bacon might have joined The Avengers so not too many perhaps!
  • MadScientist
    MadScientist Posts: 317 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Sebastian Stan ...(Infinity War)... Josh Brolin ...(Hollow Man)... Kevin Bacon ... Sebastian Shaw
  • Rhipf
    Rhipf Posts: 294 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    KGB said:
    Since this is a 4* I'd be rather surprised if we got a 2nd Winter Soldier at the 4* tier.
    Given it's about to be Hispanic Heritage month I'd expect at least one (if not both) of the next 2 releases to be Hispanic in origin. Maybe someone like Sunspot who absorbs solar radiation for his powers or Power Man who absorbs Chi (an early counter for Shang Chi - lol).
    KGB

Just to clarify, it isn't about to be Hispanic Heritage month it IS Hispanic Heritage month. For some reason Hispanic Heritage month is a month long period that actually spans two months (i.e. Sept. 15th to Oct. 15).
  • SaltnPeppa
    SaltnPeppa Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    We also could use Indigenous representation, how about Warpath, Forge and Danielle Moonstar?   I do expect we'd eventually get Echo once Hawkeye comes out though.
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Rhipf said:
    KGB said:
    KGB

Just to clarify, it isn't about to be Hispanic Heritage month it IS Hispanic Heritage month. For some reason Hispanic Heritage month is a month long period that actually spans two months (i.e. Sept. 15th to Oct. 15).
    Yeah I wondered that a few years ago, here's what wikipedia says:

September 15 was chosen as the starting point for the commemoration because it is the anniversary of the Cry of Dolores (early morning, 16 September 1810), which marked the start of the Mexican War of Independence and thus resulted (in 1821) in independence for the New Spain Colony (now MexicoGuatemalaBelizeEl SalvadorCosta RicaHonduras, and Nicaragua).

MexicoChile and Belize commemorate their independence from Spain on September 16September 18, and September 21, respectively.

• Seph1roth5
    Seph1roth5 Posts: 372 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Whoever thinks of the teasers for new characters needs to come up with better clues.  Feels like 3/4 of the time no one comes close.  Also, this one sounds like a tampon/diaper.
  • helix72
    helix72 Posts: 992 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Must be Spongebob Avengerspants:

• JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,602 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Whoever thinks of the teasers for new characters needs to come up with better clues.  Feels like 3/4 of the time no one comes close.  Also, this one sounds like a tampon/diaper.
    I think if you actually looked at it, you'd find the opposite to be true. Even if the clue makes absolutely no sense, there's at least one person who completely nails it, every time. Someone has in this thread, and people did in the other thread with the clue, as well.
  • entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,966 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    JHawkInc said:
    I think if you actually looked at it, you'd find the opposite to be true. Even if the clue makes absolutely no sense, there's at least one person who completely nails it, every time. Someone has in this thread, and people did in the other thread with the clue, as well.

I *love* those folks. 

They get told by the dataminers exactly who it is, then show up here and go "hmmmm, the clue says 'it's a Marvel character,' so *obviously* it's Hellcow!"

You can pretty easily figure out who's cheating because they have 100% track records on their random "guesses." I'm not sure why they do this or what they get out of it, but I do find it hilarious.
  • mdreyer93
    mdreyer93 Posts: 144 Tile Toppler
    edited September 2021
    Options
    JHawkInc said:
    So, if someone in both threads has "guessed" it (presumably due to datamined info), then it's either: 

Absorbing Man
    Sebastian Shaw
    Blob

hmm...