Help your favorite Community Manager to learn more about you!

Options
Magic:PQ Support Team
Magic:PQ Support Team ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 3,278 Chairperson of the Boards
edited September 2021 in MtGPQ General Discussion
Hello everyone 😁,

I came back with a question for you (actually I'm just curious 👀).
Well, as most of you already know I'm kind of new here, and before working with Magic: Puzzle Quest I didn't know much about Magic, so I've been studying.🤓
And seriously, in the last few months I've consumed every kind of content about Magic that you can imagine 😂
And what caught my attention the most were the colors! 🤍💙🖤❤️💚
So, today I would like to know more about you, which color do you most identify with? Is it the same color you like to play the most? Which one is your favorite Planeswalker from the color you identify the most?
I look forward to hearing more from you (really, I'm like a curious cat)!

Rebeca.

Comments

• Alexsztrasza
    Alexsztrasza Posts: 1 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Definitely Blue, cause this color gave me the opportunity to win without place any creatures on the board, and this is awesome!!!
    I’m afraid, I’ve just blue myself.

• Tezzeret
    Tezzeret Posts: 223 Tile Toppler
    Options
    If your answer  isn't blue you're lying to yourself! Lol
  • ambrosio191
    ambrosio191 Posts: 293 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    When I first started playing paper I got a pre-constructed green deck.  Ever since then green has been my favorite color.  Even in this game I find myself using some form of green most of the time.  I really liked black and white as well in paper, but I dont play those colors often in this game.  Unfortunately, you have to use blue to be anywhere close to competitive in this game, so I end up using that often too.
    Sarkhan Unbroken is by far my favorite planeswalker.  He does everything I want in this game.  Green for fast mana, red for some extra damage if needed, blue for draw, and a 3rd ability that quickly ends the game with big creatures.
  • TomB
    TomB Posts: 269 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I tend to be a Boros player at heart. I started playing back in '94 during Revised/FE, and grew to appreciate RW control decks. I haven't played (or bought) a lot of paper since '01 though, so I assume a LOT has changed about the archetypes over the years.
    In MtG:PQ I've been a bit more malleable when it comes to colors and PW's, usually choosing between PW's based on what cards I have and decks I can construct. Brokhan IS powerful, but with the correct cards Teferi is also dominant. Karn is a Powerhouse on a 5-color or colorless node, and with the cheap black creature control in the game currently any PW with black is extremely strong. And don't even get me started about my Tammy deck featuring Oswald, Old Gnawbones, and the Bridge.
    Talk about easy money... >:)
  • Heartstone
    Heartstone Posts: 233 Tile Toppler
    Options
    In paper magic,  blue-red-black is my favorite combination,  but if I had to choose one color,  it would be red.
    My favorite pw is sarkhan, for the 3 colors and his ultimate (gaea's revenge, ahem..). But these days, Kasmina and bg Garruk are my pw to go for a lot if fights, just because they are fun to play.
  • Zzyzzx
    Zzyzzx Posts: 248 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I want to say it's red, but that wouldn't be entirely accurate.
    I personally love the color, but in PQ, for me, it's all about the blue/black or white/black color combinations.
    I have fun with these color combos and can win consistently with them.
  • TheHunter
    TheHunter Posts: 276 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    It was always Black back in the day when I played paper Magic, but since I've been playing MTGPQ I'd have to say BLACK of course. Almost every node of every event I'll pick a PW that has Black plus a colour that supports the objectives.
  • Theophilus
    Theophilus Posts: 123 Tile Toppler
    edited September 2021
    Options
    I've always had an affinity for white with green being a close second. Going back to my paper days (1994 era) I built decks around Serra Angel and some weenie creatures with buff spells/enchantments. The idea of white representing "good" was appealing to me. I still lean toward white today as events and objectives allow. While the multicolored PWs get more playing time, Serra the Benevolent is my favorite mono white.
  • spellsmasher
    spellsmasher Posts: 55 Match Maker
    Options
    I really identify with colorless the most, the cold grinding of the machines (like the ornithopter) . Or how powerful wizards create these seemly endless spells that echo through time (like the moxes) . It is the strange mix of magic and technology, which I can identify with. If is what color I like the most it would have been blue, but I am not too sneaky or crafty so blue I can not identify with it.

To the second question possibly. I mean since most of my decks have artifacts or other colorless cards (many of the converters are colorless)  in them though I would not say they were strictly colorless decks.

There are only 3 colorless walkers, 2 of which I do not have nor have interest in getting, I would have to say Karn. Though I do not play Karn all that often, Karn's curve takes too long for many matches, and this restrictions are too great for many of the events, with one outstanding exception, the fore tell node in Doomskar Claimants. Which Karn is a no brainer. 
  • Tezzeret
    Options
    Is this threads secret objective  to finding out what players fav colors are so you know what order  to release the next PMAs in.

Please say yes!
  • Stormcrow
    Stormcrow Posts: 462 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    In paper I started out with Black and Red and quickly learned Red was not one of my favorites. I tend towards Blue/Black or Green/Black as my favorite color combos, so I guess I'd go with Black even though it's usually in a supporting role.

In PQ? Gotta be Green. Yeah, Blue is broken and ridiculous, but what're you gonna actually do with that infinite mana and infinite card draw? That's right, you're gonna drop 20 copies of Gaea's Revenge or Old Gnawbone or...well, you see where I'm going with this, right? Blue wins games, but green ends them. Plus there's nothing quite as satisfying as a big 'ole cascade of gems that fills the whole screen (as long as it doesn't crash the app....that is very very unsatisfying).

Favorite PW? I'm very fond of Vraska. Even though we have a black/green Nissa now (who is, objectively, a *lot* stronger than either Vraska), I dunno, I just like the scary Gorgon lady.

Someday we'll get a black/green/blue PW, and whoever it is, even if their abilities are terrible, I'll probably just about never use anyone else.
  • Julie71
    Julie71 MTGPQ Mod Posts: 707 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Hmmmm since I love being in (control)  its gotta be blue,black,red. I have my go to walkers b1,B2, but really any with those colors.
  • Magic:PQ Support Team
    Magic:PQ Support Team ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 3,278 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2021
    Options
    Is this threads secret objective  to finding out what players fav colors are so you know what order  to release the next PMAs in.

Please say yes!
    Don't tell anyone I told you this, but Puzzle Masters is closer than you think.... 🤫
    What color do you think will be the next round of PMA content? 🤔

• Tezzeret
    Options
    I know it's gonna be that cute lil mox pearl!

And "I" won't tell anyone if you hook your boy Tez up with one lol!
  • andrewvanmarle
    andrewvanmarle Posts: 971 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I'm in love with sultai: Green blue black. 

I like not paying for stuff, so grabbing  things from the graveyard is lovely! 
  • jtwood
    jtwood Posts: 1,285 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Please say yes!
    Don't tell anyone I told you this, but Puzzle Masters is closer than you think.... 🤫
    What color do you think will be the next round of PMA content? 🤔

I sure hope to god it's white.
  • Tezzeret
    Options
    @jtwood I picked white cause I remember us talking about how much you wanted pearl. Now it shall be so!
  • Mepistopheles
    Mepistopheles Posts: 19 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Black all the time from the beginning.
    Liliana is definitely my favorite Planeswalker, I even named my daughter after her ;)
    Sadly in PQ she is not my favorite choice, but I still use mostly black planeswalkers like Ashiok, Garruk or papa Bolas.
    the strongest decks however are almost always green, since the insane boost with gem conversion.
    Tamyio, Huatli, Garruk, Sarkhan, Tyvar those all benefit from it so it would be nice to give good old black a little boost ;)

• Scydrex7
    Scydrex7 Posts: 49 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I am undoubtedly an Esper (White/Black/Blue) mage, with less emphasis on white than the other two colors. I play blue the most in PQ. In that regard, my two most used walkers (which almost the same thing as saying they are my favorites) are Sarkhan 3 and Bolas 2.

As far as PMA is concerned, I'm good with any other color being released next.
    Hope we all continue to get to know each other better!