General Forums Contest Chatter (9/16/21)

Options
2»

Comments

• Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2021
    Options
    revskip said:
    Super curious about Nova.   One of my favorite characters i use him every day in the Deadpool daily with 3*DP for the whale points.   
    Congratulations on winning and getting 4 of 5!  I never would have guessed Dr. Strange for Nova though it probably makes sense.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,166 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My mind is boggled but these pairings. 
  • fractalvisions
    fractalvisions Posts: 306 Mover and Shaker
    edited September 2021
    Options
    revskip said:
    Super curious about Nova.   One of my favorite characters i use him every day in the Deadpool daily with 3*DP for the whale points.   
    Congratulations on winning and getting 4 of 5!  I never would have guessed Dr. Strange for Nova though it probably makes sense.

I'm impressed with myself that I managed to guess correctly with Dr. Strange. Didn't really have any reasoning behind it, I just felt that I'd seen them together a lot. Now if only I'd thought to go for Okoye for SM2099. I never would have guessed Thanos for Ghost Rider though.
  • Captain_Trips88
    Captain_Trips88 Posts: 264 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Thanos and ghost rider were two of my first three champed 5* (goblin being the third), I may be responsible for that pairing being used the most!
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Thanos and Ghostrider is the most puzzling pairing. Dr Strange and Nova is a logical pairing for casual players since Dr Strange is really popular as well. I remember there was a forum contest involving him.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    Dr Strange feeds Nova, so that could also be part of it. But I’m wondering if Ghost Rider and Thanos were boosted together at one point so he got used more in a week than in the years he has been in the game? I’m really impressed that Karnak came out years after Chavez and so completely overtook anyone she might have been played with before.
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Thanos and Ghostrider is the most puzzling pairing. Dr Strange and Nova is a logical pairing for casual players since Dr Strange is really popular as well. I remember there was a forum contest involving him.
    Well it might be 3* Thanos with Ghost Rider as a solo undercovered 5* driven by people in lower SCLs. This is likely a reflection of him being not used very often by people who have him champed, Road Warrior and Captain Trips notwithstanding.
  • MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 950 Critical Contributor
    Options
    The Ghost Rider - Thanos pairing is a bit odd (with regard to 5* Thanos, at least), since Thanos's purple power breaks Ghost Rider's green.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    Were they in Latest together or something? I feel like they were not, but that was a very long time ago.
  • Captain_Trips88
    Captain_Trips88 Posts: 264 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I can definitely remember collecting their covers around the same time, so going to guess they were in latest at the same time