Unable To Connect To Network

I've had this problem for about a week.  I don't remember exactly when it started, so not sure if it tracks with a new update or not.  

If I leave the game and come back later, without closing the program (leave it running in background), it will often give me an error saying it could not connect to the network (quoting from memory), with the option to Retry or Cancel.  Hitting Retry does not connect me, no matter how many times I try it.  I have to pull up the program menu and close the program out, then restart it.  It always reconnects when I do so, so I know it's not a problem with my internet connection.  

Here's the ultimate frustration: If I hit Cancel, it LOGS ME OUT OF THE GAME.  I don't have my account linked to Facebook or Google, so it boots me to the Start New Account screen, and makes me go through the tutorial before I can get to a menu to get to tech support.  This has happened twice now (I tried to remember not to do it after the first time, but muscle memory is to hit Cancel on an error message). 

Phone is a Galaxy S20 5G, running Android 11.  I only play over wifi.  

Comments

• Julie71
    Julie71 MTGPQ Mod Posts: 707 Critical Contributor
    I've had this problem for about a week.  I don't remember exactly when it started, so not sure if it tracks with a new update or not.  

If I leave the game and come back later, without closing the program (leave it running in background), it will often give me an error saying it could not connect to the network (quoting from memory), with the option to Retry or Cancel.  Hitting Retry does not connect me, no matter how many times I try it.  I have to pull up the program menu and close the program out, then restart it.  It always reconnects when I do so, so I know it's not a problem with my internet connection.  

Here's the ultimate frustration: If I hit Cancel, it LOGS ME OUT OF THE GAME.  I don't have my account linked to Facebook or Google, so it boots me to the Start New Account screen, and makes me go through the tutorial before I can get to a menu to get to tech support.  This has happened twice now (I tried to remember not to do it after the first time, but muscle memory is to hit Cancel on an error message). 

Phone is a Galaxy S20 5G, running Android 11.  I only play over wifi.  
    https://d3go.helpshift.com/hc/en/4-magic-puzzle-quest/contact-us/?contact=1
    use this link to send a help request