Marvel Zombies

Options
MackDan1
MackDan1 Posts: 106 Tile Toppler
How about a new series of costumes for Halloween based on the What if? episode?

Comments

• Akoni
    Akoni Posts: 789 Critical Contributor
    Options
    That would be interesting. They could do a special store with like 400 items containing all of the costumes in addition to some of the usual covers. Unfortunately, it's probably a little late for that suggestion. If you made this post in March, they might have had enough time to do such a thing. Maybe next year, though? [fingers crossed]
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The easy thing would be some temporary alternate covers for Halloween, you could cover a dozen characters that way, easy.

It would be very cool if we could get costumes for a handful of characters.

What I would *really* like to see is some sort of group character, like a 5* "Zombies (What If...?)" that is a group character, where each power represents someone different (or maybe the powers have options, like Havok's blue, to cover even more characters). So the single 5* in-game represents a couple of Zombies to get a cool hoard effect. But I imagine such a character wouldn't make it into the game until next summer, the devs are actually pretty good about trying to fulfill player wishes, but the dev cycle means that can still take months and months to happen.

(the super crazy pipe dream would then be a second and even third "Zombies" character that represents a different group of Marvel heroes, including some comic Zombies rather than just the What If episode's roster, so that eventually you could run the three together and give the appearance of a full-sized Zombie horde, but I imagine that would take years to come to fruition)
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,941 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2021
    Options
    JHawkInc said:
    The easy thing would be some temporary alternate covers for Halloween, you could cover a dozen characters that way, easy.

It would be very cool if we could get costumes for a handful of characters.

We already get temporary alternate covers for Halloween for a bunch of characters or have you forgotten that? I assume those will run again for sure.
    Last year we also got GhostPool and Elsa Bloodstone as a Halloween themed releases and the year before we got Switches Halloween costume.
    Maybe this year we can get a 5* FrankenCastle for Halloween (plus 1 Halloween costume for another character similar to the Halloween ones for Switch and Cloak&Dagger).
    KGB
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,166 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I kinda wish costumes would come around to earn more often; that Cable pouch costume is lost to history. I’d love the 5* daredevil one and the Lady Loki as well.
  • Srheer0
    Srheer0 Posts: 510 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Would be nice if they gave Hela things related to what she could do in the film (thor ragnarok)

Come to think of it, Black Panther can raise the dead too?
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,166 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Isn't that the animation that plays when she uses her black? random minions rising from the grave to become blue attack tiles?

• Mayo
    Mayo Posts: 156 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Costumes do not improve game mechanics. Priority should be adressimg character dilution, support system or New pves. After that i am all for costumes.
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Mayo said:
    Costumes do not improve game mechanics. Priority should be adressimg character dilution, support system or New pves. After that i am all for costumes.
    They can address some of these issues while selling costumes as well. If they haven’t addressed these yet they likely don’t see them as problems or priorities.
  • KGB
    Options
    Mayo said:

The thing is, the guys who do the art work (costumes) are not likely to be the guys doing all the rest (coding, game mechanics/modes/menus, database management, new PvE's, language translation etc).
    They should be able to easily do extra art work for costumes provided the license issues are reasonable.
    KGB
  • Mayo
    Mayo Posts: 156 Tile Toppler
    Options
    KGB said:
    Mayo said:

The thing is, the guys who do the art work (costumes) are not likely to be the guys doing all the rest (coding, game mechanics/modes/menus, database management, new PvE's, language translation etc).
    They should be able to easily do extra art work for costumes provided the license issues are reasonable.
    KGB
    The thing is that money bag is probably limited to doing one or the other and not both, if your hipotesis would be true support system would be improved a long while ago.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2021
    Options
    It's all about priority. The main source of revenue in the game is HP.  Of course, your priority would be how to monetise with HP. Costumes and Support Tokens are additional (free) stuffs to sweeten the HP cash deal. Cash and revenue keeps companies alive, goodwill don't. Because humans are greedy and they want more. It applies to both players and devs.

Supports could be bought with HP a couple of times but they stopped it. They probably noticed how broken things are for pves. Having 550 meta characters is not really an edge for T5, SCL10, but a prequisite. Having meta R5 supports gives you an edge. Until they can figure out how to make the game not trivial with supports, they are going to take one baby step once in a while. Now, you either go hard in SCL 10 seasons for specific R5 supports or you have a ton of luck to get your R5 support once a month. Either way, they are not going to make it easy to get R4/R5 support.
  • KGB
    Options
    Mayo said:
    KGB said:
    Mayo said:

KGB
    The thing is that money bag is probably limited to doing one or the other and not both, if your hipotesis would be true support system would be improved a long while ago.

Depends on how big the team is supporting the game. On a 7 year old game I would not be surprised in the least if there were only 1-2 coders (people able to change menus/game mechanics and those are not the original programmers now either and they have to support 3 platforms in Android, Apple and Steam) and 1-2 artists.
    Everyone else is probably doing DB back end work (servers, database management, selecting boost lists/PvE/PvP events etc) that we don't see but is crucial to the game running smoothly.

KGB
  • entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,919 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    "Character dilution" is a feature, not a bug.  That's how they make money, and it's not going to be fixed ever.