New Feature: Google Sign In

Options
Magic:PQ Support Team
Magic:PQ Support Team ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 3,277 Chairperson of the Boards

A new feature has arrived in Magic: Puzzle Quest and now you can save your game with your Google account! This new feature will work the same as saving via Facebook and Apple ID (for iOS users) and will allow players who have a Guest account to save their game.

Due to some changes in Google Play policies, from version 5.2.0 the game will no longer be saved in the same way, which will cause players who have Guest accounts to lose their saved data when uninstalling the game or clearing the cache. To prevent this from happening, we are adding this new feature, which is a new save option for Android users who do not use Facebook.

If you have a Guest account, please log in using your Google account to keep your account saved!

(Note that, for your safety, save your UID number before trying to log in through the Google Sign-In option, so if you lose your account progress when using the new sign-in option, you will be able to get in contact with our Customer Support through the Help Center so we can transfer your progress to your new saved account on Google.)

Comments

• Zzyzzx
    Zzyzzx Posts: 248 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Thank you sooooooo bloomin much for this.
  • madwren
    madwren Posts: 2,227 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Is there a way for people currently linked to Facebook to change it to Google? 
  • KrizzB
    KrizzB Posts: 92 Match Maker
    Options
    madwren said:
    I clicked the Google button and the spinning wheel said something the lines of "migrating account" so I think you just have to click the button..

If you want I can remove the game from my old phone and reinstall and see if it works without Facebook?
  • bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    madwren said:
    You can connect to both. I’m connected with both my Apple ID and Facebook and was able to play fine today during the Facebook outage.

However, most of my players are also connected with both, because I suggested this several weeks ago, and the Google players were not able to login. 

@Oktagon_Support is there any reason why the Apple ID seemingly overrides FB, but not Google? 
    Also the question has been posed to me, from a player outside my coalition: why hasn’t anyone notified players that Apple ID signin is available? My team knows because I check the settings  screen often to send tickets, etc. It has never been announced here or in-game. A lot of players could have avoided downtime today. 

• Phoenix
    Phoenix Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Can anyone clarify "Due to some changes in Google Play policies, from version 5.2.0 the game will no longer be saved in the same way" Im guessing the game no longer saves to device? Meaning the keychain data is now useless? 
    I had to reinstall game and now have to restart game from Nissa training after 5 years of playing and no i dont know my UID. Any help would be appriciated.
  • Phoenix
    Phoenix Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
    Options
    This new log in has been so painfull compared to say deleting the keychain data and starting again or copying to new phone as i have backed up on pc. Its down to support now to get my account back and so dissapointing not being able to play over weekend @Oktagon_Support
  • e3vil
    e3vil Posts: 62 Match Maker
    Options

I'm trying, but the game is not connecting to my account. It started about half an hour. Is it just me or is it happening to anyone else?

The game managed to log with a new ID. But when I try to connect to my FB account again, I get an ERROR message, that it was not possible to connect to my FB account, my password was changed (though I didn't change it) or the APP wasn't authorized to that account (though it was). And "please, cancel procedure and to login again".

And it doesn't work...