OKTAGON Q&A Session - September 2021 *UPDATE 10/12/2021

Magic:PQ Support Team
Magic:PQ Support Team ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 3,259 Chairperson of the Boards

ANSWERS

1. Will you all be adding any new weekday events? It’s been the same few over and over again for a long time now.
    Answer: Thank you for your interest. Yes, adding new weekday events is definitely on our radar and we are considering this, potentially after the release of Innistrad: Crimson Vow. 

2. Have the dev. team considered making function that gathers the current game state? By that I mean a button in the game paused menu which collects all the relevant information that the devs. think relevant for debugging in a text file. I suggest that you gather PW and level of both players, add both deck lists and add the board state plus the 50 most recent entries in the battle log. Right now the report method employed is hampered by the lack of this functionality.
    Answer: Thank you so much for your input. Yes, actually, the team has been looking into solutions to automate this type of information as much as we can. But there are still some technical aspects to be considered before we can apply this to the live version. Until then we continue to gather the information and reports that you all provide. A big thank you to all of you!

3. Will you consider implementing options to speed up gameplay?
    Answer: Yes, we have been discussing internally about Token creation speed up, for example. What options would you be interested in?

4. Why does CotC only run in black and green? Why don’t we ever get the other three colors?
    Answer: Thank you for your feedback! The event Challenge of the Courts has been available in all color versions already, but it is true that the last editions repeated Green and Black more often due to new Planeswalker releases that corresponded to these colors. Which edition are you most looking for?

5. Would you consider selling formerly exclusive cards in the vault for cash? I think the game should do that. Some of these cards are incredibly strong, and offering them for sale for cash even after they are no longer exclusive gives players more chances to get them, including players who weren’t playing the game when they were offered for sale. I understand that the formerly exclusive cards become craftable, but for newer players who have so few resources and so many cards to craft, that means that these cards are effectively out of their reach, particularly when those newer players are also mainly f2p. And once those cards go to legacy, there’s no good way to get the cards, especially if the players are mainly f2p.
    Answer: Thank you for your explanation. We have shared this with the team. By the way, do you already know about the Planechasing Fblthp event? Since Strixhaven: School of Mages (STX) we have added some of the former exclusive cards to be available in their Full Art version during the event. Look out for the next time when Fblthp makes an appearance.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hi everyone,

How are you?
Here's another Q&A SESSION.
We will answer the questions posted by September 24th, so please send your questions and doubts HERE.
Make sure to submit only 2-3 questions maximum, this way the team is able to focus and will try to answer all questions in a given month.

Thank you for all the support,
Rebeca

Comments

• Machine
    Machine Posts: 787 Critical Contributor
    Where are the August answers posted? Haven't seen them...
  • jtwood
    jtwood Posts: 1,285 Chairperson of the Boards
    Entropy42 said:
    Would you consider changing the timing of the final charges on events to make them 10 or 12 hrs before the event ends?  I can't stay up until 2 am to play the last charges, and often the event ends 6 hrs after the final set of charges, so I'm not awake before it ends.  Feels bad to be unable to finish the event without staying up far too late.
    And all of the newer, high-value PvP events do this. Super frustrating. 
  • Tremayne
    Tremayne Posts: 1,607 Chairperson of the Boards
    Logging my question for prosperity.
    Have the dev. team considered making function that gathers the current game state? By that I mean a button in the game paused menu which collects all the relevant information that the devs. think relevant for debugging in a text file. 
    I suggest that you gather PW and level of both players, add both deck lists and add the board state plus the 50 most recent entries in the battle log. Right now the report method employed is hampered by the lack of this functionality. 
  • Tezzeret
    Tezzeret Posts: 223 Tile Toppler
    Did you give up on the rest of the  puzzlemasters releases? Or are you still planning on  them coming out?

(Forgive me if this has been asked a 100 times)
  • Magic:PQ Support Team
    Hello guys,
    I would like to let you know that the team asked for a little more time to answer this month's Q&A. So I'll probably post it a little late 😔
    I apologize for the delay and thank you for your understanding 😊

Rebeca 
  • Ampersand
    Ampersand Posts: 206 Tile Toppler
    edited October 2021
    Hello guys,
    I would like to let you know that the team asked for a little more time to answer this month's Q&A. So I'll probably post it a little late 😔
    I apologize for the delay and thank you for your understanding 😊

Rebeca 
    Hi Rebeca,
    It's been about a week and we are almost halfway through October now. Are the answers coming soon?
    Hello @Ampersand
    Better late than never! 😂😂 I'm kidding, I apologize for the delay this month, we are preparing everything for the release soon...so the Q&A has been delayed a little, thanks for your patience 😊
    Rebeca
    (10/12/21) UPDATE - Answers 
  • AoMadness
    AoMadness Posts: 76 Match Maker
    Seeing old exclusive re offered for cash seems a bad idea imo as a free player I prefer getting them from ftlhp or even crafting. Don't want to join event were 1/10 has this op exclusive first but now it's for sale again I'm versing 9/10 decks lol
  • Bubbles_CS
    Bubbles_CS Posts: 332 Mover and Shaker
    @Oktagon_Support could you please remove the Announcement tag from announcements that are no longer relevant? Everyone has to scroll through these to get to member posts. Thanks