Minor bugs in the new event You've Found an Entrance [Investigating]

Machine
Machine Posts: 787 Critical Contributor
Dear support,

I've encountered at least two bugs in the new event.

The first one is a textual one, although functionally every works just fine. The first encounter has the NO GAMBLING objective that states you have to roll 6 or less D20s. Actually, the text should read 5 or less (since the other objective is 6 or more). Like I said, the objectives are functionally correct, so only the text of the last objective needs to be adjusted.

Secondly, the objective Multifocused doesn't work as described in the text. The players need to cast a multicolored spell. That's all. It now reads "Cast a spell that is one or more colors", but that's not correct. It should read 2 or more colors or something like "Cast one or more multicolored spells during a single fight".

Comments

• jtwood
    jtwood Posts: 1,285 Chairperson of the Boards
    Additional bug: Vecna’s “destroy a god” objective only works if you kill an opposing god. I’ll post screenshots and a vid tomorrow.  
  • ambrosio191
    ambrosio191 Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    Additional potential bug: The permanent support in Dragon's Nest does not change color when matched.
  • stikxs
    stikxs Posts: 518 Critical Contributor
    The first one is a textual one, although functionally every works just fine. The first encounter has the NO GAMBLING objective that states you have to roll 6 or less D20s. Actually, the text should read 5 or less (since the other objective is 6 or more). Like I said, the objectives are functionally correct, so only the text of the last objective needs to be adjusted.
    The text isn't wrong; the objectives (probably) are though. Doing exactly 6 rolls gives you credit for both. One of them was probably intended to be less than 6 or the other more than 6 given how the other objective pairs are in the event.

• Machine
    edited August 2021
    jtwood said:
    Additional bug: Vecna’s “destroy a god” objective only works if you kill an opposing god. I’ll post screenshots and a vid tomorrow.  
    Yes, I can confirm this. I created a deck with Herald cards when I saw the objective. I killed one of my own gods and it didn't count. So the player has to wait for Vecna to hit the board.

So either rename the objective or fix it so that it also works when killing your own God creatures. @Oktagon_Support

• Machine
    stikxs said:
    The text isn't wrong; the objectives (probably) are though. Doing exactly 6 rolls gives you credit for both. One of them was probably intended to be less than 6 or the other more than 6 given how the other objective pairs are in the event.

I'm very sorry, but it doesn't. When I rolled exactly 6 dice, only the top (roll 6 or more) objective was marked as achieved. The bottom one (roll 6 or less) was marked in RED letters, so the objective was marked as failed.
  • Magic:PQ Support Team
    Magic:PQ Support Team ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 3,259 Chairperson of the Boards

Hello guys,

Thank you for all the information provided, this issue will be investigated!
    If you have any additional information that you consider relevant, please don't hesitate to send me.

Rebeca.

• jtwood
    jtwood Posts: 1,285 Chairperson of the Boards
    Machine said:
    jtwood said:
    Yes, I can confirm this. I created a deck with Herald cards when I saw the objective. I killed one of my own gods and it didn't count. So the player has to wait for Vecna to hit the board.

So either rename the objective or fix it so that it also works when killing your own God creatures. @Oktagon_Support

One of the other cards in the deck stole my god and I killed it, which counted. :D
  • stikxs
    stikxs Posts: 518 Critical Contributor
    Machine said:
    I'm very sorry, but it doesn't. When I rolled exactly 6 dice, only the top (roll 6 or more) objective was marked as achieved. The bottom one (roll 6 or less) was marked in RED letters, so the objective was marked as failed.

That's weird, it counted both for me when I did it.