Thanos pvp

Speed283
Speed283 Posts: 123 Tile Toppler
IMHO I think this current event stinks. It’s kind of a pay to play because to get anywhere you have to spend your health packs.

Comments

• Akoni
    Akoni Posts: 790 Critical Contributor
    I'm not looking foward to this one. It's probably going to be nothing but Panthos and Prof/Onslaught all day. On the bright side, there probably won't be too many Polaris team-ups due to her low health.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's inevitable that you spend healthpacks in pvps. You can always use loaner or use team with true heal. Depending on where you are in the game, 3* Rocket was my favourite to use in Thanos PvP. 

PX/Onslaught is not boosted for this event and max champed Thanos Court Death can't even trigger boosted Panthos's passive. Again, it depends on where you are in the game. 

Make use of your Taco vaults token to get healthpacks if you need them. I'm sure you probably have hundreds of pulls combined.

• Speed283
    Thanks for the answers. Usually I don’t need health packs in pvp. That’s why I posted this. I realize the need to rotate characters in pvp, but I think they should keep Thanos out of pvp. Pve is where he should appear…but, again that’s only one person’s opinion.
  • HoundofShadow
    edited July 2021
    Healthpack regenerates every 36 minutes. You will have 10 healthpacks every 6 hours after you use up all of them. Now, if healthpack doesn't regenerate when you have fewer than 10, then it's a cause for concern.
  • Speed283
    They regenerate, but while I’m active I need to use health packs during this event as Court Death hits my characters for 4200 each during an attack. I understand that this will happen…just think Thanos is a bad choice by MPQ for a pvp event
  • HoundofShadow
    His PvP takes place approximately once per year. Just dip into Taco Vaults to get those healthpacks if you run out of them.
  • Speed283
    I have been trying all night! Got 10 ISO and 10 2*! LOL, but thanks for your answers
  • HoundofShadow
    If his ally damage is still a big concern for you, you can use Loaner Thanos for your climb. He deals only 388 damage per court death to your allies.
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2021
    Thank goodness that the event is this weekend and it is the end of the season. I have also been burning through the health packs, but since I have Colossus rostered with 50k health I have been using him switching between Karnak, Chavez, and Polaris as the second. Sometimes Sabertooth and Polaris. My Thanos is max champed so does 12k damage so I normally try to kill two enemies at once with that. 
  • Speed283
    Sekilicious: I see you just beat me in this event. I don’t mind that…you have a strong team. Did you see anything with my team I could improve on?
  • Sekilicious
    I rarely look at names so I didn’t notice. Who were you running with? I have accidentally beaten people in my alliance, and regularly see alliance mates in my retals. Thankfully I can’t beat anyone who should actually worry about placement. That being said, if I do not skip in this event it is because I could limit Court Death to proccing once without trouble. That usually means one or two opponents at around 12k health. Thanos at 10k meant I could concentrate on one other and not worry about it coming back to hurt me. I did see a Wiccan and Chavez (both around 15k)  team that I thought might be fun if it could be made to work, but did not worry about smacking repeatedly. 
  • Speed283
    Sek: I am using Polaris and Sabretooth
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    Speed283 said:
    IMHO I think this current event stinks. It’s kind of a pay to play because to get anywhere you have to spend your health packs.
    Agree but you can win a lot of healthpacks through spicy vaults and Deadpool daily. So not entirely pay to win
  • Sekilicious
    Polaris and Sabertooth are a great counter to Polaris and Grocket.  The best in fact. Weak to BRB/Polaris as well as Chavez/Karnak. That is the great thing about the 4* meta. Every character has a counter even if Polaris is heads and shoulders above the rest. 
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Speed283 said:

You.....never use healthpacks in PVP?

I guess the Panthos and then Hulkoye days just got me so used to it that I never thought not using them was an option. I heard BRB users basically never used them, with SW basically neutering iHulk I've stopped using them as much.

Currently at 6386 used from milestone tracker. They regenerate - just use them with reckless abandon. I think some of the game design just might have the "getting somewhere = using healthpack" calculation built right into it.

• fractalvisions
    fractalvisions Posts: 310 Mover and Shaker
    I personally enjoyed this event. I'm generally one for using a variety of teams anyway rather than relying on healthpacks to keep using the same team (my milestone tracker is only at 2500). I still found I could get up to 900 without running out of healthpacks. I even considered using a shield (something I never do as I prefer to use all my HP for roster slots) to keep my high position, but then I noticed the 5* shards were for Banner so it didn't seem worth it. I still ended up at a #20 so it certainly wasn't a high scoring event, at least in my bracket. Not sure if that's because it was Thanos, because Colossus was boosted or because it was the final event of the season so people weren't so enthusiastic.

Of course, I do have a lvl 330 Colossus, so that probably helped with my enjoyment. Still I found a few other good teams. Silk + Valkyrie was a fun one.
  • Speed283
    Snowcatt: I always use health packs. My comment is slightly accusatory toward MPQ using this event to create revenue. I burned through 1,000 Hero points in this event. By far a record for me.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    I personally enjoyed this event. I'm generally one for using a variety of teams anyway rather than relying on healthpacks to keep using the same team (my milestone tracker is only at 2500). I still found I could get up to 900 without running out of healthpacks. I even considered using a shield (something I never do as I prefer to use all my HP for roster slots) to keep my high position, but then I noticed the 5* shards were for Banner so it didn't seem worth it. I still ended up at a #20 so it certainly wasn't a high scoring event, at least in my bracket. Not sure if that's because it was Thanos, because Colossus was boosted or because it was the final event of the season so people weren't so enthusiastic.

Of course, I do have a lvl 330 Colossus, so that probably helped with my enjoyment. Still I found a few other good teams. Silk + Valkyrie was a fun one.
    I also enjoyed it. I really only had to use health packs if I had a match where the other team's Colossus was able to get off a few black powers but other than that the damage from Thanos was minimal on my team. The weeks where other 5s like Prof X and Killmonger were boosted were really brutal.
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2021
    Speed283 said:
    Snowcatt: I always use health packs. My comment is slightly accusatory toward MPQ using this event to create revenue. I burned through 1,000 Hero points in this event. By far a record for me.
    Hehe the sticker shock goes away eventually.   Right now it’s important to hold gold for slots,  but eventually way in the future, that pressure goes away. 

Apparently I’m at 3438 healthpacks used.  I’m not sure if that’s good or bad lol.