Kate Pryde Yellow Passive mechanic

JRYUART
JRYUART Posts: 95 Match Maker
Can someone explain to me how the math works with Kate Pryde’s yellow passive mechanic?  

(PASSIVE) Friendly special tiles are X% stronger for each active Mutant on Kate's team.

This doesn’t seem to buff any existing specials on the board passively like 4Pun’s strike buff ability.  Upon firing , she adds her protects to the board but they aren’t being buffed beyond her native buff after firing.
Can someone please clear this up, I can’t seem to figure how this passive works. 

Comments

• Srheer0
    Srheer0 Posts: 510 Critical Contributor
    You should be able to work it out with testing.

Work out how much a match 3 will be with strike tiles, or look at the amount of damage collective attack tiles do each turn

You can then work backwards and see if KateP counts towards the buff etc.

It's also possible that the value stated on the board does not include that passive % increase.  

• Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2021
    I read it like Grocket’s GotG buff, i.e. if mutant then automatically apply buff. I think she counts herself so it might be easier to play one match with a non-mutant (no GotG) then a non-Polaris/Juggernaut mutant. I’m not sure if the buff will show when looking at strike tiles. 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,385 Chairperson of the Boards
    It’s probably more like 5* Magneto’s buff, which works but is never shown in a way that lets you know how much directly, you just have to reverse engineer the math from incoming damage.
  • JRYUART
    JRYUART Posts: 95 Match Maker
    It’s probably more like 5* Magneto’s buff, which works but is never shown in a way that lets you know how much directly, you just have to reverse engineer the math from incoming damage.
    This was the answer.  Not having used 5Mag but a handful of times, I wasn’t aware that the pop up that shows the cumulative values of special tiles would only show the base values without the buff, instead of the current total running values with the buff included.  It would be nice to if the devs could include the running buffed values for 5Mag and Kate.  

Mystery solved, thank you.  
  • Srheer0
    Srheer0 Posts: 510 Critical Contributor
    I did a test with KateP, Ir3nfist and c4rol in shield sim.

Ironfist' attack tile on the board value was 598

Did 694ish damage to the enemy. I had KateP as the only mutant so it should have done 598*1.16 (16%).

Maths checks out. It works it out during the damage calculation, so it doesnt add it to the value of stole tiles etc if the enemy steals your tiles like medusa do.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2021
    Other characters that require you to do such calculations not mentioned are:

1) 4* Punisher
    2) Nico Minoru
    3) OMD
    4) Spiderman (BiB)

• MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    edited July 2021
    Other characters that require you to do such calculations not mentioned are:

3) OML
    Wrong Wolverine, OMD (Old Man Daken) alters tile strengths, not OML (Old Man Logan).
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's OMD. Thanks for catching my typo. Let me edit it.