PMA updates.

Options
Gunmix25
Gunmix25 Posts: 1,434 Chairperson of the Boards
New PMA adds in this app is like waiting for the final two books of the Game of Thrones to be finished. All the hype at first then nothing.... getting to the point in which I kind of lost the excitement of PMA and am just looking forward to the next main set release. Because hypothetically at the rate of 6 month gaps, it'll be 2 years before all the colors are released to the public; and that is based on the present model of a release today.

That's actually kind of depressing really. I feel that the ball has been severely dropped here on what was honestly a very exciting addition to the game. 

Comments

• jtwood
    jtwood Posts: 1,285 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

2. What is the plan going forward for spellbook releases of each remaining color? If we use the present gap of 6 months, we are looking at 2 years before all are released. The next sets will be gapped closer right?

Answer: Yes, Chandra, Ignited was the first Planeswalker and pioneered the Puzzle Masters series. The team is working on adding more Planeswalkers for each color to the collection throughout this year. 

• Gunmix25
    Options
    jtwood said:

2. What is the plan going forward for spellbook releases of each remaining color? If we use the present gap of 6 months, we are looking at 2 years before all are released. The next sets will be gapped closer right?

Answer: Yes, Chandra, Ignited was the first Planeswalker and pioneered the Puzzle Masters series. The team is working on adding more Planeswalkers for each color to the collection throughout this year. 

Too funny. That was my question sent to them. Didn't think it made the cut for answers. Thanks for the link. So we are going to see the final 4 colors released in the remaining five months of this year? Let's hope they can stick to the schedule. I would love to see the remaining colors released soon. But I remain a bit reserved. 
  • jtwood
    jtwood Posts: 1,285 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Gunmix25 said:
    jtwood said:

Too funny. That was my question sent to them. Didn't think it made the cut for answers. Thanks for the link. So we are going to see the final 4 colors released in the remaining five months of this year? Let's hope they can stick to the schedule. I would love to see the remaining colors released soon. But I remain a bit reserved. 
    If they stick to that schedule, we're all gonna need a lot of gold
  • Tremayne
    Tremayne Posts: 1,612 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    @jtwood - best joke of the day. 😂🤣😆
  • Gunmix25
    Options
    jtwood said:
    Gunmix25 said:
    jtwood said:

If they stick to that schedule, we're all gonna need a lot of gold
    yeah, that crossed my mind too. Ouch!  :s  

At least they are permanently Standard so we can purchase from them when able, but dang ... 2500 gold for the set of 10 cards per color is still massive.
  • boopers
    boopers Posts: 175 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I think one of their issues is going to be that this set was based upon the "Spellbook" release for Chandra. MtG has only made one for Chandra, Gideon and Jace so far... and only one per year starting in 2018.  They haven't released a 2021 Spellbook, and no idea if that is something to expect or not.

That would essentially only give Oktagon two spellbook sets sets to work for PMA - with unless they just made something up for Black and Green... which it seems they have the ability to do if they wanted.
  • boopers
    boopers Posts: 175 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Gunmix25 said:

At least they are permanently Standard so we can purchase from them when able, but dang ... 2500 gold for the set of 10 cards per color is still massive.
    I don't know... all the cards are rare or better. 250 a pop for a guaranteed non-dup card is better than our fblthp "deals".  And the standard permanent gives them more value for the investment compared to everything but Origins.

Other perspective.  Would you pay 2500 Crystals just for the Mox Ruby?  I would... it's that good and will never rotate.
  • Tremayne
    Tremayne Posts: 1,612 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    @boopers - in my experience, nothing last for ever in MTGPQ. But mix ruby is a good card no doubt about it.
  • naabaldan
    naabaldan Posts: 444 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    In the Q&A session more pma was announced for this year