Wanda QOL improvement?

Options
supergarv
supergarv Posts: 408 Mover and Shaker
Since everybody and their mom is running Wanda now, can we get a hopefully simple improvement?

Make her 1-turn repeater tile increase +1 for every charge put into her, while the enemy (or me) is slashing away at her.

Then reset it to 1 after she forcefeedbacks and her turn starts.

There are powers that influence repeater tile numbers as well as passives that could turn it down again, so coding wise it should be all there? Would mean a lot to understand when you eat a lot of damage where it comes from, also for new players that don‘t understand what is even going on with her.

Comments

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,268 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2021
    Options
    There aren’t powers that modify repeater counters yet, only CDs. I’d like such a power set though.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,629 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The repeater number isn't the number being affected, though. That's just when it goes off. It's the charge or whatever they call it that changes. So, the 1 is always correct.
  • supergarv
    Options
    Oh, thanks for that. You are indeed right. I was sure 4* Torch oder Cpt Marvel somehow altered their repeaters, but they do not, and I found no 4/5* that does.

Moo. Then it will probably be too hard for the developers.
  • supergarv
    Options
    Borstock said:
    The repeater number isn't the number being affected, though. That's just when it goes off. It's the charge or whatever they call it that changes. So, the 1 is always correct.
    Yeah, but there‘s no „charge“ indicator at all, thus my idea to „re-use“ the number on the repeater tile. Adding a charge indicator would be development work, that I could foresee, whereas I thought abusing the repeater UI would not be difficult.
  • abmoraz
    abmoraz Posts: 712 Critical Contributor
    Options
    supergarv said:
    Oh, thanks for that. You are indeed right. I was sure 4* Torch oder Cpt Marvel somehow altered their repeaters, but they do not, and I found no 4/5* that does.

Moo. Then it will probably be too hard for the developers.

yup.  4* Cpt Marvel was why repeaters were introduced.  She was a machine when she was introduced.  Human Torch's green, Blade's black, and Punisher's black made her into an instant killer.  They introduced repeaters to nerf her (instead of actually nerfing her).
  • Omegased
    Omegased Posts: 585 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I think you're looking for an idea of how many charges are held?

I really agree, i would LOVE that, but it's kinda irrelevant really. you don't have a CHOICE who to hit with it, it just goes off anyway.
  • Srheer0
    Srheer0 Posts: 510 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Here's an idea. Put it below her character.

I know they just did the UI, but it should be possible somehow to put a number there so you can see after your turn ends, how many charges the tile has before it fires.  

What am I saying? The Steam version still doesn't show you the total values of strike, protect and attack tiles for each team when you single tap a tile on the board. Android version has this feature. I can't figure out why D3 don't talk about it or explain why it isn't in the steam version too.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    In the meantime, you can do some simple math. Remember how much damage is done at 5 charges and 8 charges for your Wanda. At 450, it's 1970. At 5 charges, it's about 10000. At 8, it's about 16000. 

I don't think it's useful since it resets very turn.
  • fractalvisions
    fractalvisions Posts: 308 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    On the Steam version at least, there is an indication of the number of charges. You just have to hover over the repeater tile to see it.