New Colossus Hellfire Gala Costume (6/27/21)

Options
LakeStone
LakeStone Posts: 1,377 Community Moderator

Hi Everyone –

We just wanted to share the availability of a new costume in the Hellfire Gala Vault for Colossus (Classic).  Head to the game today and get yourself a free token to the Vault.

We also recommend checking out this complete guide from Marvel HERE to learn all the details about what is the Hellfire Gala.

X-Factor #10

Secrets, vengeance and someone's number is up. Don't miss the Hellfire Gala finale in X-Factor, on-sale now in the Marvel Comics app for iOS and Android!

Thank you!
Tagged:

Comments

• gravel
    gravel Posts: 585 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I think there’s a mistake in the prices on the vault.  It’s more expensive to buy the 30 pack than to buy 3 10-packs.  Usually the last option would be a 40 pack for that price.
  • entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,953 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I bought the costume but I'd really like to buy just the hat, to put on various different characters.  I think it'd look good on Thanos and also Okoye and maybe Lockjaw.
  • Seph1roth5
    Seph1roth5 Posts: 371 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Probably a glitch, since the base cover is 100 and doesn't go down lol.
  • gravel
    gravel Posts: 585 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Yeah, I love the costume, took me 3 10-packs to get the costume and Emma cover, so it actually worked out better to buy the 10-packs for me either way.
  • Mayo
    Mayo Posts: 156 Tile Toppler
    Options
    30x should be 40x?, otherwise is cheaper to buy 10 packs...
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,556 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Rather have it on the 5* version, but I guess it would probably cost $75 then.
  • entrailbucket
    Options
    Can we please get more silly costumes, or character customizations?  For awhile it seemed like this was a priority and then they disappeared.

I would pay at least $100 for a handlebar mustache/monocle combo that I could put on any character, and maybe $200 if I could put Thanos in a bikini with a clown wig.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,962 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2021
    Options
    Took 3 10-packs and 7 single draws to get the costume.
    Love the look it gives him. Just too bad he doesn't get more play outside his PvP so it could be shown off more.
    More costumes please (maybe make it part of the Puzzle Gauntlet rewards)
    KGB
  • Borstock
    Options
    Can we please get more silly costumes, or character customizations?  For awhile it seemed like this was a priority and then they disappeared.

I would pay at least $100 for a handlebar mustache/monocle combo that I could put on any character, and maybe $200 if I could put Thanos in a bikini with a clown wig.

I would pay real money if I could put Hulk in a tutu.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Why is this not for 5* colossus??  Giving costumes to 3* just feels like a waste.  I would have bought out the vault for a 5* costume 
  • grenadier
    grenadier Posts: 135 Tile Toppler
    Options
    For that matter, why not let it be usable by both?

I didn't notice the pricing error, so I bought the 30x, and of course got the costume on the first pull.  Oh well.
  • Borstock
    Options
    grenadier said:
    For that matter, why not let it be usable by both?

I didn't notice the pricing error, so I bought the 30x, and of course got the costume on the first pull.  Oh well.

This exact thing happened to me.
  • entrailbucket
    Options
    The last time they said anything about it was a very long time ago, but at one point they were concerned that players wouldn't be able to tell the different versions of characters apart.  I assume that's why you can't swap a 3* costume onto a 5* or vice versa.

There's plenty of other ways to tell them apart, but the game does need to be playable for new players or for kids.
  • Omegased
    Omegased Posts: 574 Critical Contributor
    Options
    hopefully this is a sign of more to come!
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,655 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I bagged the costume from a 10 pack so am pretty pleased with that.
  • Marc_Spector
    Marc_Spector Posts: 624 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I've missed costumes!!! -- and LOVE these Hellfire Gala designs. Please release more, and I'll throw All The Hero Points at them! (for Havok's, especially. <3 )

I'm surprised the Marvel article linked in the post only showed off a few of the issue covers and not the promo art of the costumes themselves!

• DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,194 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Shame they wasted the costume on a 3 star. 
  • LakeStone
    LakeStone Posts: 1,377 Community Moderator
    Options
    Mayo said:
    30x should be 40x?, otherwise is cheaper to buy 10 packs...
    If anyone cleared the Hellfire Gala Vault and purchased it in the entirety with 40 tokens or purchased the 30x pack, please reach out to customer support as they can assist with the error.  Support can be reached at mpqsupport@d3go.com.  

Thanks for sharing!
  • Borstock
    Options
    I received my compensation from CS. Thanks for the heads up, LakeStone.
  • Marc_Spector
    Marc_Spector Posts: 624 Critical Contributor
    Options
    This Vault vs Me.  :D   :s  :D

No description available