Let us Change our SCL levels if we accidently join the wrong one before the event starts

Hellblazer666
Hellblazer666 Posts: 170 Tile Toppler
edited June 2021 in MPQ General Discussion

I am trying to do SCL 9 for PVE because SCL10 is hard. Problem is twice I have accidentally joined a PVE at SCL 10 when I meant to join SCL 9. Why can't we have the ability to change our SCL if we join a level we didn't mean too. I mean the next SCL doesn't start till next day.

Oh boy Honor Among Thieves at 10 just what I want SCL 10 Symbiotes and Mindless ones.

Comments

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,621 Chairperson of the Boards
    Once the event starts there's no way they could let you change SCL...the points are different.
  • Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Lol. I accidentally joined SCL10 with my 4* roster as well. In my case, it was because I just reached lvl120 so my mindless one method of joining no longer works. Hopefully it goes ok. I would hate to be kicked from my alliance for not reaching progression 
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards

I am trying to do SCL 9 for PVE because SCL10 is hard. Problem is twice I have accidentally joined a PVE at SCL 10 when I meant to join SCL 9. Why can't we have the ability to change our SCL if we join a level we didn't mean too. I mean the next SCL doesn't start till next day.

Oh boy Honor Among Thieves at 10 just what I want SCL 10 Symbiotes and Mindless ones.

We have all done this once before.   So EVERYONE can relate.  That said it’s such a painful experience that the same person rarely makes that mistake twice.  I’m pretty sure the devs perspective is that it’s low priority issue because the experience is so painful that players RARELY repeat that mistake.

You might not have been around for the first ever BOSS event, but they did a lot of messaging explaining why people can’t back out of a registered event (they even did you tube communication back in the day)  It’s sorta taken for granted now,  but they did make a major effort to educate commanders on brackets.  (In those days, no scl, just time slices)
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    TheEyeDoctorsWife Posts: 829 Critical Contributor
    So we could basically jump around slice to slice until we found one we liked , I’d love that especially in PvP. I joined as #500 in the Daken PvP. 
  • CharlieCroker
    CharlieCroker Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    So we could basically jump around slice to slice until we found one we liked , I’d love that especially in PvP. I joined as #500 in the Daken PvP. 
    I think the issue here is that the OP pre-joined Honor Among Thieves over 12 hours before I the event starts and having accidentally pre-joined CL10 quite reasonably would prefer to play a lower clearance level.  Phumade’s response is on point - whilst it would be great to fix this, it’s likely a low priority for the devs.

It is absolutely not the case that the OP has joined an event in progress and doesn’t like the numbers or specific players in their bracket.
  • TheEyeDoctorsWife
    TheEyeDoctorsWife Posts: 829 Critical Contributor
    I know , right . I can’t count the number of times in a day I mistake the number 10 for the number 9. Everyone does it . It’s why I’m always getting off the wrong floor in an elevator. 
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,083 Chairperson of the Boards
    I did this once on a new 4* release, joining SCL8 instead of SCL9 where getting a cover from placement is much easier. I had to battle twice as hard to get the cover but that was before I became a 5* player so it might not be an issue if it happened now.
  • Captain_Trips88
    Captain_Trips88 Posts: 268 Mover and Shaker
    why not have a 'set default SCL option', if you select one different when joining an event you get a prompt asking if you are sure you want to change SCL for this event. 

Those who always select the same level aren't impacted, those who chop and change get something that should prevent what happened to OP
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    why not have a 'set default SCL option', if you select one different when joining an event you get a prompt asking if you are sure you want to change SCL for this event. 

Those who always select the same level aren't impacted, those who chop and change get something that should prevent what happened to OP
    I’d love to see that implemented
  • Hellblazer666
    Hellblazer666 Posts: 170 Tile Toppler
    edited June 2021

Yes this would be perfect. 

• Bzhai
    Bzhai Posts: 488 Mover and Shaker
    Add a confirmation message to make sure the player is sure they are entering the right level. 
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't think we need so many pop-ups to remind us that we are not making a mistake. The simplest solution is to slow down and take an extra 1 or 2 seconds to make sure you made the right choice.
  • Xception81
    Xception81 Posts: 424 Mover and Shaker
    I don't think we need so many pop-ups to remind us that we are not making a mistake. The simplest solution is to slow down and take an extra 1 or 2 seconds to make sure you made the right choice.
    Agreed. And personally I feel like they have a lot of pop-ups already. Personally I wish they’d change the timing of the Offers pop-ups (and a few others like New Character). Those should never appear the exact same time as a slice in PvE. 
  • skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 984 Critical Contributor

Add a confirmation message to make sure the player is sure they are entering the right level. 
    We essentially already have this. How many confirmations do we need?
    We first select the SCL level, then in a separate screen we select our time slice.

In a decently sized font, right in the middle of the time-slice screen it reiterates what SCL you have already selected. The cancel button (should we need it) is right below it. How is this not sufficient enough? I double-check it every time, and I'm a flip-chaser; pre-joiners should have all the time in the world to confirm they selected the intended SCL.
    Sure, there is no confirmation screen for the time-slice, but selecting the wrong (higher) SCL is far more impactful than selecting the wrong time-slice. Optimal play or not.
  • skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 984 Critical Contributor
    Don't get me wrong, though, I'd love to have a screen that showed the number of players currently in each/selected bracket which is viewable before the point-of-no-return.
    If we had that, then I could finally retire from my BracketFlip job.  :p
  • Akoni
    Akoni Posts: 790 Critical Contributor
    While glancing at the rewards for the soul stone season, I accidentally tapped on SCL10 instead of scrolling up. I was going to tap SCL7. Oh well. Let's see how I do.