Immortal Hulk Balancing

HuracanDolor
HuracanDolor Posts: 46 Just Dropped In
Is it possible to adjust Immortal Hulk’s “The Green Door” passive to activate at 12-15 green tiles on the board at once. The reason we have balance issues with him in particular is because it’s entirely too easy to get 8 green tiles on the board, which equates to very easy wins. He can down most teams in a few turns without using any powers, just a passive. That in itself is unbalanced. The 12-15 green tiles would be more challenging and not just automatic damage that you can count on with his first turn.

Comments

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2021
    I'm not sure how often you use iHulkoye but requiring 18.75% to 23.43% of the board to be made of green basic tiles in order to trigger his ability is as good as making it useless.

On average, I'm looking at 9-10 green basic tiles on a starting board. I think it will be easier to increase the number to 9 and let him destroy 3 basic green tiles instead.

Turn 1: 10+1-3= 8
    Turn 2: 8+1-3= 6

By turn 3 or 4, his AoE won't be triggered unless you are unlucky. Even keeping the number at 8 but increasing the number of green basic tiles destroyed by 1 will render his AoE unlikely to trigger by turn 4.
  • Srheer0
    Srheer0 Posts: 510 Critical Contributor
    edited July 2021
    I would say him not dying is a bigger problem.

I played Disgaea recently and in the plot there was a character who kept reviving like the hulk does.

To make the story quest actually completable, they made you win when he gets KOed 3 times.

So how about you double the match damage he gets for every death, but after the third resurrection he dies for sure.

I think that is a fair change to make. It makes him less useful on defense and keeps him just as good on attack because okoye etc are still tanking (assuming shes higher level than him).  

In the recent Carolina pvp even. I was against an iHulk team and I thought "easy win".  

Yeah. No it wasn't easy. iHulk ended up getting KOed 5+ times and because his only remaining ally was airbourne, he just kept ressing. And because she was almost as good a battery as Ironman40. All the AI had to do was gain 1 yellow AP while she was airbourne and the match would be almost unwinnable for me.  

I somehow killed the fortified tile on the board with a lucky cascade. But it was still frustrating to play against. 
  • abmoraz
    abmoraz Posts: 712 Critical Contributor
    Srheer0 said:
    I would say him not dying is a bigger problem.

I played Disgaea recently and in the plot there was a character who kept reviving like the hulk does.

To make the story quest actually completable, they made you win when he gets KOed 3 times.

So how about you double the match damage he gets for every death, but after the third resurrection he dies for sure.

I think that is a fair change to make. It makes him less useful on defense and keeps him just as good on attack because okoye etc are still tanking (assuming shes higher level than him).  

In the recent Carolina pvp even. I was against an iHulk team and I thought "easy win".  

Yeah. No it wasn't easy. iHulk ended up getting KOed 5+ times and because his only remaining ally was airbourne, he just kept ressing. And because she was almost as good a battery as Ironman40. All the AI had to do was gain 1 yellow AP while she was airbourne and the match would be almost unwinnable for me.  

I somehow killed the fortified tile on the board with a lucky cascade. But it was still frustrating to play against. 

Wait until you go up against vulture and ihulk...  It's a fun team to use against some of the "you're supposed to lose" PvE nodes.  I've seen iHulk die so many times in a single turn.  It's quite humorous.