Advertising watch rewards

Options
Bil
Bil Posts: 831 Critical Contributor
edited June 2021 in MtGPQ General Discussion
I just noticed that the advertising watch seems to have randomized rewards.

Could we have an Idea of the percentages behind that feature? @Oktagon_Support

Comments

• Magic:PQ Support Team
    Magic:PQ Support Team ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 3,278 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Hi @Bil,
    Rewards are completely random. For more information about this new feature please check this FAQ.
    Rebeca
  • bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2021
    Options
    It would be easy to track the drop rates on this as a community, the problem is human error / lack of consistency in reporting — you’re better off doing it on your own. 

Currently I’ve watched 2 videos. I have either earned 500 runes twice or no rewards both times depending on whether you ask a normal player or an elitist. 
    Edit: I have watched 3 videos and earned 500 runes all three times (or no rewards depending on your perspective). 
  • jtwood
    jtwood Posts: 1,285 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    You definitely have not earned any rewards
    I'm at 2x 5 crystals and 1x nothing
  • Machine
    Machine Posts: 789 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I've watched three ads. 1x 500 runes, 1x 2 jewels and 1x ORI booster pack.
  • Hutzi
    Hutzi Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
    edited June 2021
    Options
    Watched three ads. 500 runes, 500 runes, Origins Pack. In that order.

Edit:
    + 2 pinkies
    + 500 runes
    + Origins booster
    + 5 crystals
    + 500 runes two times
  • Panneo
    Panneo Posts: 21 Just Dropped In
    edited June 2021
    Options
    For the stats:
    nothing, 5 crystals, nothing, nothing, 5 crystals, 2 pinky, nothing, booster, booster
    I start to like it.
    (500 runes = nothing)
  • spellsmasher
    spellsmasher Posts: 55 Match Maker
    Options
    I watched 3 of them as well, got 5 crystals, and 500 runes X 2, but I think I am done watching the ads. I was a bit offended at the ad for the sniper game. 
  • jtwood
    edited June 2021
    Options
    I watched 3 of them as well, got 5 crystals, and 500 runes X 2, but I think I am done watching the ads. I was a bit offended at the ad for the sniper game. 
    Mobile game ads are generally awful, in my experience (as in ads for mobile games; not ads in mobile games)
  • spellsmasher
    spellsmasher Posts: 55 Match Maker
    Options
    jtwood said:
    Mobile game ads are generally awful, in my experience (as in ads for mobile games; not ads in mobile games)
    I was offended at the ad for some sniper game where the screen says shoot at people, and the only person I could see on the screen was a cop (or maybe just a guy with a funny blue hat and a blue uniform) with his hands up, I scanned around for others but I did not see any actual targets. Maybe it was just a bad demo, or just bad UX for the demo, e.g. maybe I am missing something but if I am then it did a bad job of guiding me through it. I personally don't know, don't care, I just know I am never pressing the watch video button again. I just waited out the timer and closed the ad. 
  • Magic:PQ Support Team
    Magic:PQ Support Team ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 3,278 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    We are truly sorry about the bad experience you had with the Rewarded Video Ad.
    I'll pass this along to my team, and we'll analyze and improve the content available to be watched!

Thank you for this feedback, it's very important for us!
    Rebeca
  • Bil
    Bil Posts: 831 Critical Contributor
    Options
    So far 2x500 runes 3x5cristals
  • Volrak
    Volrak Posts: 732 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Just another note on ad content - as well as the sniper game, I was also served an ad promoting hard-core gambling.
  • bk1234
    edited June 2021
    Options
    I have now watched 4 videos and earned 4x nothing. 

I did use some of my excess nothings to buy deckslots today, so maybe it’s still something for me. Also I have PW I will probably only ever level for journal quests. 
  • bk1234
    Options
    Volrak said:
    Just another note on ad content - as well as the sniper game, I was also served an ad promoting hard-core gambling.
    As a mom to a 14 year old, and considering this is a game that rates itself 12+ — I don’t think I would care as much about that as I would my child being exposed to violence. Kids generally can’t do much with those games unless their parents don’t put parental controls on purchase 😱
  • DragonSorcerer
    DragonSorcerer Posts: 182 Tile Toppler
    Options
    3 x 500 runes (to add to my 8.5 million)
  • HomeRn
    HomeRn Posts: 328 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Watched 3 ads so far...
    Runes x2
    ORI Booster x1

Hope this helps for calculations!
  • Stormcrow
    Stormcrow Posts: 462 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    3x videos, 3x 5 crystals. Apparently I've been very lucky so far. I feel like maybe I should quit while I'm ahead!
  • TheHunter
    TheHunter Posts: 276 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Small rewards for small effort, which is fine. Over time those extra handful of resources (crystals, gems, cards/orbs) will buy something a bit more value-adding. I am with so many others in not seeing runes as a reward.
    I do have one request though @Oktagon_Support:
     - Free boosters refresh every 6 hours
     - Ads refresh every 7 hours

PLEASE get these into sync! This will benefit you and your advertisers, as us players will get into the routine of checking in to collect the free booster AND play the ad for an additional resource boost.
  • jtwood
    Options
    Xucachris said:
    Small rewards for small effort, which is fine. Over time those extra handful of resources (crystals, gems, cards/orbs) will buy something a bit more value-adding. I am with so many others in not seeing runes as a reward.

PLEASE get these into sync! This will benefit you and your advertisers, as us players will get into the routine of checking in to collect the free booster AND play the ad for an additional resource boost.
    This makes sense to me in my position well removed from the finances of the game.
    I'm at 3x crystals, 2x pinks, 2x nothing, 1x pack
  • bk1234
    Options
    jtwood said:
    Xucachris said:

This makes sense to me in my position well removed from the finances of the game.
    I'm at 3x crystals, 2x pinks, 2x nothing, 1x pack
    Y'all are about to get us 7 hour boosters... shhhhh :(